Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Looking to have a flow that checks for amount of agents in a queue, and makes a choice based on what it finds

Posted 08-12-2022 11:12
    For sake of conversation, lets suppose I have two queues.

I am going to call the first queue "Cheese", and the 2nd one "Dairy".

I want to have flow that takes a look at Queue Cheese, and checks how many people avail to take calls in that queue. If nobody is available to talk on behalf of the "Cheese" queue, I want the call routed to the "Dairy" Queue. If someone is able to take calls on behalf of the "Cheese" Queue, I want it to transfer the call to said queues.

How do I implement this in Genesys Cloud.
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Nathan McKay
    Insite Support Services, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Looking to have a flow that checks for amount of agents in a queue, and makes a choice based on what it finds

Posted 08-12-2022 12:01
    Hi Nathan, this can be done by creating and calling a Genesys Cloud Custom Data Action that makes a request to one of the /api/v2/routing/queues/ endpoints.

Canyon Read
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 3.  RE: Looking to have a flow that checks for amount of agents in a queue, and makes a choice based on what it finds

Posted 08-13-2022 01:15
    Hi Nathan -

As Canyon suggested, this can be done using a Data Action ...

We use a Data Action which checks the 'Routing Status' of Agents on a particular Queue; we sum the number of Agents in either IDLE, INTERACTING or COMMUNICATING status and if value > 0, then proceed. if not, take alternate path.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and regards,
    Malcolm Green
    Nexon Asia Pacific Pty. Ltd.

• 4.  RE: Looking to have a flow that checks for amount of agents in a queue, and makes a choice based on what it finds

GENESYS
    Posted 08-15-2022 08:35

The one thing I'd caution on with this approach is the fact that data actions are referencing the public API, and as such are subject to the public API rate limits.  This can start to cause challenges if your flow is particularly high volume, as the response to the request will be a 429 in some circumstances; the flow needs to be designed to handle this.  

What we've seen other customers do is check the number of users active in a queue, as store that into a data table (which serves as a simple cache), then check the estimated wait time on the queue.  If the number of users active in a queue is below some predetermined threshold, or EWT is above a threshold, then they'll direct the call to some larger queue.  the process of utilizing a data table as a cache is described here: https://developer.genesys.cloud/blueprints/design-architect-flow-data-actions-for-resiliency/

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Looking to have a flow that checks for amount of agents in a queue, and makes a choice based on what it finds

GENESYS
    Posted 08-16-2022 05:27

Hi Nathan,

Depending on your exact use case, you might also want to keep an eye out for a new feature coming out soon: Conditional Group Routing. It is currently in beta: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/conditional-group-routing-overview/

Peter Grothauzen
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Looking to have a flow that checks for amount of agents in a queue, and makes a choice based on what it finds

GENESYS
    Posted 08-16-2022 08:52

Something to consider:

The same use case could be achieved without needing to do the check. Routing and Evaluation methods: ACD Routing and Best Skills Matching with Skill Proficiency can achieve exactly the same outcome - and it work with capabilities like Analytics/WFM/Gamification.

First group of employees need a higher skill value then the 2nd and subsequent groups. Keep the calls in Cheese. Dairy staff can actually sit in Cheese and Dairy at the same time with ACD/Skills Based Routing. 

More Info: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/acd-evaluation-routing-methods/

Cameron Smith
    VP, Product Management - Workforce Engagement Management

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources