Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Outbound call from Architect

Posted 11-22-2022 07:01
    Hi All

Can someone explain the flow of a outbound call within Architect.  What I am trying to do is create an outbound call (external) from within Architect, so if customer selected option 3 for example, we know that the call is outside of our company but we have to transfer it, so dial +1866 Etc.  I don't seem to be able to get it doing anything, it takes the success route of the transfer to but that's as far as it gets.

Is it based on the primary site (We don't have edges allocated against the primary site)
    If its primary site then I assume I would need to build routing etc to cover that..I am not to worried about that part

Has anybody got this working?

Andy
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited

• 2.  RE: Outbound call from Architect

GENESYS
    Posted 11-23-2022 02:34
    Hi Andy

It can be several things failing

Do you have outbound trunk and routes for this calls? Are you able to make calls outside the architect flow without issues?

If you can please post your Architect flow in order to take a look but as mentioned it can be failing due to other outside flow configuration.

I recommend you also to take a look to our Architect Certification and also please check this video where we explain a little bit what you are trying to get 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlvdbRckZw8

Let me know

Regards

Alberto

Alberto Sagredo
    Sr Technical Account Manager EMEA
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Outbound call from Architect

Posted 11-23-2022 04:16
    Hi, you are kind off teaching me to suck eggs, I have some complicated flows and to build a flow is not the issue, the issue is why when I transfer to an external number it fails, there is no trace of an outbound attempt in the api view or anywhere.  I get a not answered 404 in the participant data as it always takes the failed leg,, if I transfer to an internal number or flow etc on the GC platform its fine.

All outbound calls made by the phone or agent are also fine, we have some bespoke number plans etc against the sites due to this being a global business setup

The question is what site does it use in architect flow for an outbound call, is that where the issue exists? I am making an assumption that this is where the issue is but I am not sure.  the default site doesn't have edges assigned as its not where our agents are allocated (DC)

Andy Jackson

• 4.  RE: Outbound call from Architect

Posted 11-23-2022 12:21
    What kind of tests have you ran? Have you tried testing from the caller's perspective to hear what Architect is doing when dialing out?

Eric Allen
    Vervent, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Outbound call from Architect

Posted 11-23-2022 12:30
    So figured out what's going on

A call comes into our EMEA DC which has its edges and a trunk, so we can set the calls via port number to go over the nearest edges.  It looks like architect uses the default site for outbound, in our case its NAM DC, this in turn has its own edges and trunk.

If I change the inbound dnis to route to the NAM trunk group it works, that does throw a spanner in the works as I have a DC in APAC and LATAM as well as we are a global company, so if I am going to use transfer I will have to use the NAM edges, which is not ideal as the whole idea is to keep the media as close together as possible. SBC etc

I tried a number plan and outbound route that goes together with emea but no joy at the moment

Andy

Andy Jackson

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources