Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Publishing only one agent

Posted 10-12-2022 10:07
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi everyone

I hope I am not asking an already known answer.  I have an unpublished schedule where I can add timeoff etc.  If the schedule is NOT published and a new agent comes aboard how best to handle.  I know how to add a new agent to an unpublished schedule but if I wanted to ONLY publish that new agent how can I do that.  The reason I am asking is that our cusstomer is not live yet and I only want to publish a test agent in a management unit to document the "how to".  I see the reschedule button but only want to PUBLISH one agent in a mangement unit that has many.  How do I do that?

thanks so much
    Shirley
    #Scheduling

------------------------------
    Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 2.  RE: Publishing only one agent
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 10-13-2022 08:15

If the scenario is:
    - Schedule the week of 10-Oct is published with agents 1-10
    - Agent 11 was hired and 10-Oct is their first day
    - And you want to add just agent 11 to the published 10-Oct schedule

Then you can either manually add them to the published schedule (Add Agents, or select another agent's existing shift and Copy Shift to Agents) or you can utilize the intraday rescheduling wizard. https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/add-new-agents-to-the-schedule/ 

The first screen of rescheduling wizard is to optionally select agents to add to the schedule for a scenario like above (note the caveat that the agents must belong to a work plan or a work plan rotation). They wouldn't be in the reschedule list (step/page 2), because they aren't on that schedule. If you only want that one agent added with no other changes, then ensure no other agents are selected in step 1 or 2 and for step 3 ensure no activity codes are selected for re-optimization.

If you are instead not making real changes, then I would recommend a completely separate business unit that you use for training/demo with 'agents' that are not really agents - or possibly a dev org.

Schedules are at the business unit level so there is no notion of selecting a set of agents to only be scheduled. In a round about way you could do that by utilizing the Enabled designation on work plans. However I do not think a real business unit should be used for training/test - you don't want a production environment to have any 'playground' activity. Not exactly sure how 'complete' your how to document needs to be, but you could also doc things up to the point of saving a published schedule or publishing an unsaved schedule on an agent add...

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: Publishing only one agent

Posted 10-13-2022 08:57
    Thank you so much!

Shirley

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources