Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Q&A Show - Questions about Web Messaging?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-19-2022 10:38
    Edited by Matt Lawson 05-25-2022 11:33
    This segment has been recorded! Hope you enjoy the episode when it is released in a couple of days.

Next week, I'll be recording a Q&A Show Episode dedicated to Genesys Cloud's Web Messaging with Angelo, Director, Product Management, you can find a quick video below. On the show, we'll get a more thorough overview and have the chance to answer your questions. 

What questions do you have about Web Messaging? Feel free to drop them below or email QAshow@Genesys.com

#GenesysCloudCXQAEpisode

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 2.  RE: Q&A Show - Questions about Web Messaging?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-24-2022 07:21

Hey everyone, 

Thanks to those of you who have emailed questions. I heard from one person who was on the fence about using Web Messaging and I think their perspective will make for a good discussion.

I'd still love to have a few more questions, so keep them coming! I plan on recording this segment tomorrow, so there is still time to get your questions in. 

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Q&A Show - Questions about Web Messaging?

Posted 05-25-2022 11:26
    I'm curious about any mock-ups or details for how notifications will work for mobile and web and any update on timing for that feature. Also curious about being able to do consult transfers or add a 3rd party to the conversation, any current thoughts on adding that functionality? And wondering about ability for customers to download chat transcript as a native feature.

Casey Ramirez
    Humana Inc.
    Strategy Advancement Advisor

• 4.  RE: Q&A Show - Questions about Web Messaging?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-25-2022 11:32

Hey Casey,

I am so sorry! We just recorded this session, but I'll try to get an answer for you. In the event that I can't, please forgive me! 

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 5.  RE: Q&A Show - Questions about Web Messaging?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-27-2022 13:39
    Hey Casey, 

I was able to get some answers to your questions from Angelo. Hope this helps!

We'll likely start design work on Notifications in H2-2023.
    Regarding consult transfers:
      • Among "Agents": this is on the generic "Digital Messaging" roadmap (for all messaging channels, not only Web Messaging). See this idea https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-1102
      • The use-case for "conferencing" with an external participant is actually different, but yes we've heard it occasionally. I think even before we get to that, we need to upgrade Web Messaging into a more "outbound" channel, in order to reach out to specific end-users (as we would do with SMS or Email). This is more longer-term.
      • Transcript download, yes, we have future plans, no firm date: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-119

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 6.  RE: Q&A Show - Questions about Web Messaging?

Posted 05-31-2022 10:48
    @Matt Lawson @Angelo Cicchitto could you confirm, is Notifications design start H2 2023 or H2 2022? We understood this was a 2022 item from past conversations and the ideas are accepted in the Ideas Lab. I was hoping to understand if we had any more detail as to how it will work but if notifications are now H2 2023 that's a bigger concern. ​​

Casey Ramirez
    Humana Inc.
    Strategy Advancement Advisor

• 7.  RE: Q&A Show - Questions about Web Messaging?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-31-2022 10:56
    Hi Casey. The plan is to start looking at design in 2nd half of this year (2022). We can reconnect as we make more progress.

Thanks!

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources