Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Queue_ID for In-Queue Flow Used By Multiple Queues

Posted 03-17-2023 13:42

Hi Community,

We have an in-queue flow used by more than one queue.   We are trying to write logic now that triggers a specific behavior if there are X number of calls waiting in the queue the caller is in.  The Get Interactions in Queue Data action wants a Queue_Id.   how do we make this a dynamic field so it pulls the right queue id?  

Also is there a way to get longest interaction waiting in a queue to trigger an action?  In the function finder I could only find functions for estimated wait time.  

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Nichole Conway
    State of Missouri - Family Support Division

• 2.  RE: Queue_ID for In-Queue Flow Used By Multiple Queues

GENESYS
    Posted 03-17-2023 14:01

Use the built-in system variable Call.CurrentQueue to get the current queue.

For the 2nd question, each interaction in an inqueue flow doesn't know what else is going on. You could look at the Call.PositionInQueue variable to see how many interactions are ahead of you, but that doesn't tell how many are behind you.  You could write a data action to query the queue observation endpoint, total how many interactions are waiting (they're separated by media type), then compare Call.PositionInQueue to the total to see if you're last.  And remember that Call.PositionInQueue will never show an increase, so you could be last without knowing it.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Queue_ID for In-Queue Flow Used By Multiple Queues

Posted 03-17-2023 14:15

Thanks Melissa.  I had the Call.CurrentQueue but it didn't like that.  Everytime a call gets to that point in the flow, an error occurs and it disconnects.  I've tried it with ToString(Call.CurrentQueue) and just Call.CurrentQueue.  Is it the variable I'm storing that result in that's the problem?  Below is what I have. 

Nichole Conway

• 4.  RE: Queue_ID for In-Queue Flow Used By Multiple Queues

GENESYS
    Posted 03-17-2023 14:37

ToString of a queue variable returns the queue's name.  You need the id.  Use Call.currentQueue.id

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Queue_ID for In-Queue Flow Used By Multiple Queues

Posted 03-17-2023 16:30

That worked.  Thank you!  

Nichole Conway

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources