Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

• 1.  Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

Posted 02-28-2023 12:13

Is there a cheat sheet somewhere that says something like...  

If you ran _____ report on the Report tab, use this page and these filters in the Performance > Workspace view. 

I'm still in favor of keeping (wishful thinking, I know) the Reports tab because it's just easier for our admins to use. =P 

Is there any equivalent in the Workspace > Performance reporting for Agent Status Detail? Agent Summary is not what we're looking for. 

Screenshot 1 - what we're looking for: Status Detail Report ran in the Reports tab

Screenshot 2 is Status Summary in Performance > Export:

#Genesys Cloud CX
    #WorkforceManagement
    #Interaction Analytics

------------------------------
    Jacqueline Turner
    New York Central Mutual Fire Insurance Co-

• 2.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 03-01-2023 10:16

Hi Jacqueline,

We have documented the steps to generate these reports from the performance views here: Deprecation: Canned reports - Genesys Cloud Resource Center.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

For the Agent status detail report, we just made the feature generally available, which you can access via the Agent Status view (screenshot below)

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam
    Principal Product Manager, Genesys Cloud CX

• 3.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

Posted 03-01-2023 10:29

Thank you, Nikhil! 

Is there a way to do this for multiple people (like 30+) or, do I have to do this 1 agent at a time?

This is exactly the set up we're looking for, so thank you again! =)

Jacqueline Turner

• 4.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

GENESYS
    Posted 03-01-2023 11:13

For multiple agents, the option will be available via export. The steps would be:

• Select the agents and add the selections as filters (first screenshot below shows the "Add to filters" option available when the agents are selected)
    • Once the agents are added to the filtered view, then the export panel presents option to export the data as pdf or csv, for the agent timeline, which is the equivalent report to the existing canned report you referred above

Nikhil Ponnam

• 5.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

Posted 03-01-2023 11:37

Our Supervisors will be THRILLED! Thank you, Nikhil!! 

Jacqueline Turner

• 6.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

Posted 03-02-2023 06:43

Hi nikhil

I am also working on a monthly report 

So I have to do high level for the group (Management Unit) and then a monthly for the agent separately.

When I created the workspace I chose the agents and then what I wanted.

That works great.

I now need each agent for the month but all agents in the group in one file

As suggested above I clicked on the agents but Add to Filter is greyed out with warned already added?

What am I doing wrong as I believe it is possible but I might be missing a step?

When I do the export I only get one file with one agent?  I need one file with all agent status for the month.

thanks so much

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 7.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

GENESYS
    Posted 03-02-2023 16:54

Hello Shirley,

Are you seeing "View as group" option after selecting the agents? As shown in the screenshot on one of the posts here, upon selection of the agents and adding them as filters, there will be a "View as group" option. That need to be selected to view the data at the group level. And that same data can be exported as well.

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 8.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

Posted 03-03-2023 08:55

Hi Nikhil

Yes View as a group works great. What I would like/need is the ability to download ALL of the agents by day into one file which I would roll up to a "group" level.  In Engage we had that ability under Agent Status Report - All agents = one file.  It looks like with Cloud I have to do one file per agent?

Thanks

Shirley

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 9.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

Posted 03-01-2023 10:32

Hello- 
    I am adding to this thread since it is the same topic regarding the canned reports,  I am a bit confused, it is noted on the reporting tab the canned reports will be removed.  If you review the schedule on the https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/deprecation-canned-reports/, the log in / log out report will be depreciated on September 2023.  However in today's release there was an update to the log in / log out report.  https://help.mypurecloud.com/releasenote/march-1-2023/.  

Will some reports remain under the reporting tab?  Do I continue to direct the leaders to the reporting tab for now with the cavate this will move on Sept 2023.  It is confusing if we are removing why we would improve the report?  

thank you

Cressida Gioiella
    Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company

• 10.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

GENESYS
    Posted 03-01-2023 11:22

Hello Cressida,

The feature that's released today is available via the exports panel of the agent status view. And the goal is for this to replace the existing canned reports for user status details and log-in/logout details. After the deprecation of all the reports, everything under the "Reports" tab will go away and the performance views exports will be the new way to generate these reports. All the performance views will be accessible via the "Workspace" option (under "Performance" option on the top-level menu). We strongly recommend the users to start using the performance views for the reporting needs where the functional parity is available.

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 11.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

Posted 03-01-2023 11:39

Thank you for the quick response.  We have been directing the leaders to the workspace area for data and will continue to do so, appreciate the clarification. 

For the agent status report the log in / out was not available before?  I must had missed that, I am newer to the platform.  I did notice on your screen capture you have 3 radio buttons that I do not have.  I assume this is a permission setting?  I do not see an article indicating specific permissions to add the added selections.  I have tried both with the select columns checked and unchecked.    

Cressida Gioiella
    Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company

• 12.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

GENESYS
    Posted 03-02-2023 16:48
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 01-08-2024 07:50

Cressida, the following permissions are required to access these options.

• analytics > userDetail > view
    • ui > supervisorAgentDetails > view
    • directory > user > view
    • analytics > userAggregate > view

This page on the resource center has the information: Export view data - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

Check the sections for

• Export Data from View
    • Agent Status Summary View 
    • Agent Status Summary Detail View

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 13.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

Posted 07-06-2023 19:55

Hi Nikhil, thank you for the information on this topic and for providing the link to Deprecation: Canned Reports. Could I ask about the Queue Metrics Interval Export report? This report would allow you to export detailed statistics about multimedia queue activity for selected queues during a date and time range. It would separate each day, interval, and queue in the exported file. When I attempt to use it's replacement, Performance > Workspace > Contact Center > Queue Performance and select a multi-day range, it looses the interval-level details and reverts to a daily summary. Any feedback you have on how I can replicate the previous report is appreciated.

Previous Report: Queue Metrics Interval Export report - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

New Performance Report - how can I drill this into each day and interval?

Thank you,

John Ohlund

Reporting & Analytics Manager

Newfold Digital

John Ohlund
    Newfold Digital

• 14.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

GENESYS
    Posted 07-06-2023 22:47

@John Ohlund  - the equivalent of the old report can be obtained using the export option. The steps are 

• From the export panel, select "Schedule Export"
    • Select the granularity (please note that 30 minute granularity is an option for time periods up to 30 days) 
    • Select "Split Filter" option in the "Advanced Options" section

We'll add this clarification regarding interval granularity to the canned reports deprecation article.

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 15.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

Posted 07-07-2023 10:10

This is valuable information! Thank you for a quick response. I now see the multiple options when selecting to Schedule an Export. Thanks again!

John Ohlund
    Newfold Digital

• 16.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

Posted 08-14-2023 00:33

Hi Nikhil, I had a follow up if I may. If I attempt to use the method above and schedule an export to 1 Day granularity, how can I do this for a period in the past?

For example, I am attempting to export Flow Out results for specific queues in October 2022. I have tried setting the export to "Past 30 Days" as well as "Past 30 days to date" and both of them give me only the past 30 days from today (8/14/2023 minus 30 days). What steps do I need to take in order to export the data for October 2022?

I must say, as an end user, the move to Performance Workspace has been challenging and attempting to gather reporting in these types of situations is not straight-forward. Especially when you have to set a scheduled export for something that is a one-time data pull.

John Ohlund
    Newfold Digital

• 17.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

Posted 08-23-2023 10:27

@Nikhil Ponnam any follow up here, by chance? I am unable to figure out how to pull specific interval records from October 2022.

John Ohlund
    Newfold Digital

• 18.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

GENESYS
    Posted 08-23-2023 11:34

@John Ohlund - sorry for the late reply. You can use the date picker on the view and export the report for the queues as a group.

The output will be broken down by day

Nikhil Ponnam

• 19.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

GENESYS
    Posted 08-23-2023 11:38

@John Ohlund - one more thing, to have the data broken down by each queue, select "Split Filters" option in the "Show Advanced Options" section

Nikhil Ponnam

• 20.  RE: Report Tab Vs Workspace Reporting

Posted 08-23-2023 11:50

Thank you for the rapid response. I was unaware the Split Filters option was available under Advanced Options when loading multiple queues/days. Looks like you can get it to export without having to schedule, as well. Thank you for the partnership on this topic!

John Ohlund
    Newfold Digital

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources