Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SMS blocked numbers

Posted 01-23-2023 14:53
    Hi, 

I am working with a client on an SMS implementation. We are testing the *help* and *stop* built in functions. When I send a *stop* request all new messages are blocked, but when I send an *unstop* request messages are still not being delivered.

Does anyone know if there is a timer associated with the built in *stop* fuctionality? Will this expire in 24 hours? 

I cant really find much documentation on this online.

Thank you in advance.
    Michele Russo
    michele.russo@global.ntt
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Michele Russo
    NTT America, Inc

• 2.  RE: SMS blocked numbers

Posted 01-23-2023 15:23
    In the agentless SMS integreation this is my response when sending a test message. This is after I sent the *unstop* *start* and *yes* text messages. Any ideas on how to clear this issue are appreciated. 

Thank you!

{
      "message": "The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax.",
      "code": "bad.request",
      "status": 400,
      "messageParams": {},
      "contextId": "b63254ec-43ff-43e2-83c5-c8cc90fd255d",
      "details": [
        {
          "errorCode": "ACTION.REMOTE_ENDPOINT"
        }
      ],
      "errors": [
        {
          "message": "REST call for action execute failed. Message: Request to backend service failed. Response from web service: {\"message\":\"Bad request: An active conversation is already in progress\",\"code\":\"bad.request\",\"status\":400,\"contextId\":\"23fe2bca-af6b-497f-81c5-8b9daf26150a\",\"details\":[],\"errors\":[]} [b63254ec-43ff-43e2-83c5-c8cc90fd255d]",
          "code": "BAD_REQUEST",
          "status": 400,
          "messageParams": {},
          "details": [],
          "errors": []
        }
      ]

Michele Russo
    NTT America, Inc

• 3.  RE: SMS blocked numbers

Posted 01-23-2023 15:29
    Edited by Michele Russo 01-23-2023 15:44
    Does anyone know where to find a list of *blocked* numbers?

But...Apparently when there are message in queue you cannot request new ones to the same phone number. Once these were cleared the system started routing messages to the phone number without issues.

~Michele

Michele Russo
    NTT America, Inc

• 4.  RE: SMS blocked numbers

Posted 01-27-2023 13:43
    Hi Michele,

One suggestion I would have is to use the "Not Ended" filter on the Interactions performance view. This might give you some understanding of all those interactions out there that are currently still "active".

On the list of "blocked" numbers..the Delivery Status Detials column in the Interactions Performance View will show "opted out". Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to control the "stop" message in the flow and update a dnc list or external contact field somwhere. Genesys is probably trying to protect themselves by not allowing us as users of the platform to try to do something with that message. 

I do not believe there is a timer on the Stop value. I would guess Genesys, whenever they see that message.. they pick it up and move that number to an internal list of sorts. I agree, the documentation is mildly confusing. 

Thanks,
    Peter

Peter Stoltenberg
    TTEC Digital, LLC fka Avtex Solutions, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources