PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Spreading the wealth with switchover

Posted 02-17-2023 16:34

Hello Team,

As i move forward with my latest set of changes, it has been determined that we need several people to be able to log in and perform switch over (so server admins can do the system patching)  I have created a new Admin account and matched the credentials of Domain Admin account used to install CIC (the account I use - i know not best practice) and it allows me to log into CIC, but only when i am logged in under the above Domain Admin account. 

So we want to have our system admins be able to log in with there system admin account and perform the switch over. I am sure I am missing something line the new account i created also has to be a domain admin or something like that.

Anyway, any feedback or reference material is greatly appreciated.

#Security
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 2.  RE: Spreading the wealth with switchover

Posted 02-17-2023 16:47

If memory serves me correctly, you need the "Master Administrator" checkbox checked on your account to be able to run switchover.

This documentation of using switchoverctrlu via command line points to that as well:

Manually start a switchover from the command line

Genesys remove preview
    Manually start a switchover from the command line
    To start a switch from the command line, run the Switchover Control Panel executable with the following options: SwitchoverCtrlU.exe /Immediate /Notifier It starts, switches, and stops automatically. Run SwitchoverCtrlU /? to view the all the options available for this tool. Note: * Only a master administrator can run the SwitchoverCtrlU.exe tool.
    View this on Genesys >

You could potentially look at building an on demand scheduled task on your server that executes this via command line/powershell using IC auth, so you don't have to get them "the keys to the kingdom", you can just give them access to run that to perform a switchover.

Something like:

Start-Process -Filepath d:\i3\ic\server\SwitchoverCtrlU.exe "/Immediate /Notifier" -Verb runAs

I use this as part of my scheduled tasks for running maintenance in my dev/uat environments.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: Spreading the wealth with switchover

Posted 02-17-2023 17:03

Thanks for the feedback - I will investigate this as it seems like a great option.

Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources