Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Staffing requirements higher after relaxing ASA in Service Goal Template

Posted 03-02-2023 10:36

Hello -

Wondering if anyone has come across this and knows why it might be happening. We have a schedule run for next week with an ASA goal of 2:30 set in the Service Goal Template. I wanted a scenario with a higher ASA, so i adjusted it to 3:30 in the template and ran a new forecast. I made sure the new forecast matched the previous in terms of call pattern, volume, handle time. 

My problem is when I generated a new schedule, the required FTE increased by a significant number, around 15% on the week. Anyone know why this might have occurred? 

Thanks!

#Genesys Cloud CX
    #WorkforceManagement
    #Forecasting
    #Scheduling

------------------------------
    Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Staffing requirements higher after relaxing ASA in Service Goal Template

GENESYS
    Posted 03-07-2023 08:46

Shannon, 

In this case I want to confirm, you ran a new schedule for the same week with an updated ASA (to 3:30) using the identical forecast?

Chuck

Chuck Swain
    Genesys
    WEM Leadership

• 3.  RE: Staffing requirements higher after relaxing ASA in Service Goal Template

Posted 03-07-2023 09:34

Hi Chuck -

Yes, as I thought I was going crazy, I painstakingly edited the forecast with the new SLA to match the old for all planning groups both volume, handle time, and days for the pattern - using the weighted historical method. Tried it multiple times and always got a significantly higher requirement. 

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Staffing requirements higher after relaxing ASA in Service Goal Template

Posted 03-07-2023 12:03
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 01-08-2024 07:42

When you increase your ASA in your forecast, then it will require less staff.

The lower your ASA is in the forecast then the schedule is going to require more staff.

Jeff Ragsdale
    Outdoor Network LLC

• 5.  RE: Staffing requirements higher after relaxing ASA in Service Goal Template

Posted 03-08-2023 08:15

Hi Shannon.  Do you have another goal in play, or simply ASA on its own? Another goal might explain the increase in staffing requirement?

Heather Henderson
    Sabio Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources