Trivia Tower

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  That's a wrap on week 1

GENESYS
    Posted 06-06-2022 13:26
    Week 1's questions were just closed out. Nicole and I are tallying up the points and will be updating the leaderboards ASAP (hopefully later today). Questions for Week 2 will be available on Thursday and are coming from our friends from the AppFoundry Community.

Until then, here are the answers for Week 1. 

Casual Questions:

Q1: What century were the terms summer camp, summer resort, and summer school first introduced?
    Options: 1700s, 1800s, 1900s, 2000s

Answer: 1800s. There are a few sources out there for this, but this article is an interesting lesson on YMCA.

Q2: What summer heated up the box office and is credited by many as launching the first "Summer Blockbuster" movie, introducing the "Blockbuster era"?
    Options: 1969, 1972, 1975, 1975, 1981

Answer: 1975. If I didn't have a "Jaws" related question somewhere in Trivia, I would be doing myself a huge disservice. Glad it's in the Guinness Book of World Records

Q3: After opening in 2016, what year did Shanghai Disney set its highest attendance record?
    Options: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Answer: 2018. Not much else to say, just thought it was interesting.

Genesys Questions:

Q1: This site was a merging of three Genesys Communities onto, which community is the oldest?
    Options:

* PureCloud - Now Genesys Cloud CX,
    * PureConnect,
    * PureEngage - Now Genesys Engage On-Premises,
    * Workforce Management (WFM) - Now WEM

Answer: PureConnect. If you want to check this out for yourself, head to the discussion tab and go back to the earliest questions that are out there. A lot are well over a decade old. Of the options, WEM is the youngest having opened on this site first as a private community in 2018 and becoming public shortly after that.

Q2: What year did the Genesys Community (the site you are on) launch? 

Options: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Answer: 2018. It launched in March, almost three weeks and I (Matt Lawson) joined the team.

Q2: George Ganahl was one of the original community managers at Genesys and about to hit a milestone. After nearly 15 years of community activity, how many posts do you think he is close to celebrating?
    Options: 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000

Answer: 5000. If you watched the Q&A Show or follow our YouTube channel, you could have found this answer in a few videos. Below is my favorite:

Bonus Question:

Question: How can you access the Genesys Knowledge Network (know.genesys.com) from this page without typing anything?
    Answers:
    * Go back to "Home",
    * It's uhh. It's on here somewhere. Let me take a look.,
    * Use the brain!,
    * Ask Matt or Nicole,
    * From my browser's favorites? (Cheater. You get one point)

Answer: Use the brain! The Brain tab that you see on the community's righthand of the page is on a lot of Genesys sites! It connects you to the GKN, universal search, and other great resources. Use the brain, use your brain, I wasn't sure how best to word it.

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources