PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Turning off the Web Chat due to emergency?

• 1.  Turning off the Web Chat due to emergency?

Posted 11-25-2022 16:22
    Can anybody provide some information on how the Chat could be turned off via a button click in Interaction Connect and through the use of Interaction Designer?
    Example being:  People are sick, a Supervisor turns the chat off entirely without accessing Interaction Administrator.

Thanks.
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Louie Doulias
    University of Manitoba

• 2.  RE: Turning off the Web Chat due to emergency?

Posted 11-25-2022 16:45
    You could have a handler that is triggered by a client button that
    edits a schedule via directory services tools to accomplish this.
    This is assuming your using the legacy chat, as I don’t believe
    widgets follow the schedule custom attributes.

• 3.  RE: Turning off the Web Chat due to emergency?

Posted 11-28-2022 11:39
    Thanks Aaron.  I am not even sure what Directory Services Tools are that you are refering too. Do you mean the Web Tools?

Louie Doulias
    University of Manitoba

• 4.  RE: Turning off the Web Chat due to emergency?

Posted 11-28-2022 11:01
    Louie,

An alternative is to use system schedules, then appropriate users can been given the access to just that "emergency"  schedule in IA,  Simple to set-up, see: https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/iweb_tr.pdf
    Page 6
    To Activate or change system schedule, just a couple mouse clicks!

Just throwing out option

Pete Schroeder
    HMC3 LLC
    Senior Contact Center Engineer (Technical Lead)

• 5.  RE: Turning off the Web Chat due to emergency?

Posted 11-28-2022 11:20
    Thank you for that info Pete.

Question 1:
    What I would like to do is this:
    Create a "Client Button" in Interactive Admin that shows up in the correct queue in Interaction Connect 
    FAA_Close_Test in this case.  
    Example:

What it looks like in Admin:

And when we click on that, it just kills the Web Chat until they click on it again.

Is that in any way possible?  
    Ideally, it would also kill the IVR in Interactive Attendant as well.  

I tried to do something with Interactive Design, but the instructions for that that I have been able to find are not very good, at least for my purposes.  

Question 2:
    Is it possible to lock down settings in Interactive Administrator for people, and give them just access I want?

Thank you.  

Louie Doulias
    IST - Infrastructure Maintenance
    E3-620 EITC
    Cell:  204-599-1484

• 6.  RE: Turning off the Web Chat due to emergency?

Posted 11-28-2022 11:37

1.  You could tie permissions to be able to add/see the button to the workgroup queue itself, so that only members of the queue can see or add the button.  When you press a client button, it sends a few standard attributes through with it (who pressed it, the button name, etc) which are all visible when you initiate a handler via client button.

Again, if you're using the "classic" web chat and not Widgets chat, you'd have a closed schedule setup on your workgroup that is deactivated with a timeframe of essentially "Forever".  Clicking this button would toggle the activated/deactivated state via directory services entries you'd need to edit.   Editing directory services via handlers is advanced and you should have sufficient experience/training with handlers before attempting this and also use a development environment to test first.  If you do not know what you are doing, this edits the registry/configuration of your server directly and can cause significant harm.

That said, here are a few things I like to do for these types of buttons:

• I use role based security:  I assign permissions to see the button based on a role that will be assigned to specific users in the workgroup.
    • I add email notifications:  When the button is pressed by a valid user, I send out an email to the members of the role that grants permission letting them know it was done and if it was an activation or deactivation.
    • I update the hover/mouseover text of the button:  I leave this as either "activate" or "deactivate" so that when someone hovers over the button they know which of the two functions it will perform.  I've tried this with updating the image on the button but this never seems to work as expected.
    You can kill the "IVR" the same way via schedules by having schedules set up in attendant to use the schedule activated by your client button.

2.  In Interaction Administrator, you just give permissions to who can see the button.  I recommend wrapping that in an extra layer of security as described above.  You could also just grant access to the button via a role.

If what is described here is beyond your ability, what @Pete Schroeder has explained as an alternative is a much simpler solution.  IA permissions are very granular so you can give your supervisors access to exactly what they need (the schedule) and nothing more.​

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 7.  RE: Turning off the Web Chat due to emergency?

Posted 11-28-2022 12:00
    Yes, I don't have much training in Interactive.  The guy who did, has moved on from the role and we are trying to pick up the pieces.

When you say IA, do you mean Interactive Attendant or Admin?
    I was able to give specific scheduling access for Interactive Attendant to the people who need to have access, solving my problem (kinda) on the IVR side.  I don't really like that they can play with (and screw up) their entire IVR.  

For the Chat side, which is changed via Interactive Admin, I have not been able to lock it down yet to specific roles.  Are you saying we can do that in Interactive Admin, and just give them access to a specific Chat Schedule to edit?

Thank you so much for your help.  

Louie Doulias
    E3-620 EITC

• 8.  RE: Turning off the Web Chat due to emergency?

Posted 11-28-2022 11:46
    Louie,

Q1  Are you looking to kill an agent chat in queue or connected to an agent - basic supervisor task 
           OR 
          rather  "close chat, so any new Chat requests,  get s message stating "unavailable, etc"  then the System Schedule is a viable option
            OR something else?

When you say "Kill IVR in attendant"  if you are  asking is the same schedule can "Close the call flow" (route to message or voicemail, etc)  the same Schedule could be used in any or all call profiles in Inbound, Outbound, Operator, Email Attendants.

Q2   Regarding Interaction Administrator,  yes the rights of a user (workgroup or role also)  can be restricted down to just the "Schedule Container"  and down to 1 or more System Schedules.    Fairly easy to do with the ACL functions within IA

Pete Schroeder
    HMC3 LLC

• 9.  RE: Turning off the Web Chat due to emergency?

Posted 11-28-2022 11:55
    Thank you for the reply.

1.  Yes, when I say "kill", I simply mean to make it "We are unavailable, please check back soon" or whatever on the Web Chat.   We just want to give a few different departments the ability to disable their Web Chat and IVR because they had staffing issues, without calling the IT Department to do it manually for them.  I was hoping we could create a button via Interactive Designer that would do this for us, but as I am discovering, the Interactive Designer area is pretty in depth and probably requires training, which I do not have.  Ideally, a button would turn the Web Chat and IVR off until they enable it again.  I am aware of using the Emergency feature in the IVR.  

However yes, enabling them to change the schedule's on their own will accomplish the same thing.  

2. I was hoping to bypass giving a bunch of Interactive Administrator accesses out, but I will look again for the Admin area and see if I can figure out how I can tie their Supervisor roles down to specific settings/areas.  I have not been able to find the documentation on this yet, but I will look again.

Louie Doulias
    E3-620 EITC

• 10.  RE: Turning off the Web Chat due to emergency?

Posted 11-28-2022 12:44
    Louie,

While I completely agree, I do not like installing "Interaction Administrator" (aka IA) on multiple workstations of agents / supervisors, IMHO  this methodology is, simpler, faster, and safer than working with Handlers, Directory Services & Registry.

https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/iweb_tr.pdf -   this will explain how to configure use of system schedules for Chat along with what message is sent to the customer,  " "We are unavailable, please check back soon"  note this message  is limited to 512 characters, but Genesys recommends to limit to no more than 256 characters. 

The following links document ACL for Interaction Administrator
    https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_ia/desktop/overview_of_security_for_people.htm
     https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_ia/desktop/assign_access_control_rights.htm
    https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_ia/desktop/about_inheritance_of_configuration_properties.htm

I would recommend that once you are comfortable with ACL. to remove the users you just gave Attendant profile access to, create a second System Schedule in Interaction Administrator for the IVR and then changes for emergencies are in one place,  and no chance of IVRs being courted.

Pete Schroeder
    HMC3 LLC

• 11.  RE: Turning off the Web Chat due to emergency?

Posted 11-28-2022 12:50
    Thank you Peter, I think we will go that route for now, and probably pay somebody to try and build us a Button in the future that takes care that method.  

Louie Doulias
    E3-620 EITC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources