Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

• 1.  UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

Posted 02-02-2023 11:34
    A lot of our agents are reporting that they are not being alerted to calls. On checking this, it is calls that are being transferred internally The agent does not get alerted. It is intermittent and capturing the logs is proving challenging. Anyone else seeing this?
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Andrew Lewis
    Health Management Ltd

• 2.  RE: UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

Posted 02-06-2023 17:40
    I have a customer who is intermittently seeing something similar (in their case, it is calls transferred to the agent directly from within a flow.)

Please keep us posted on anything you find out (and I will do the same.)

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

Posted 02-07-2023 03:46
    hi, we are experiencing this for WebRTC phone users, not just on transferred calls.  It is very intermittent.

jim foley
    AXA Ireland Limited

• 4.  RE: UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

Posted 02-07-2023 11:57
    We've also been experiencing users not alerted to calls, then placed in Not Responding.  Originally we were told there was an Edge update coming that would fix this issue but late last week we were told the patch was released in the 1-4-23 Media Tier release.  So we are back to square one and were told to look at internal network, pc performance etc.  I'll update here if we find out anything useful.

Brent Bucey
    AAA Club Alliance Inc.

• 5.  RE: UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

Posted 02-08-2023 03:30
    Hi
    Not helping just following as we also have agents going "not responding" even on auto answer.

We have updated browsers which reduced the frequency by about 70%, but every day we do get the odd report.  Like yourself we do struggle getting logs as the customer network/desktop is locked down.

Kind Regards

Phil

Philip Thys
    British Telecommunications PLC

• 6.  RE: UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

Posted 02-08-2023 09:08
    Same here. Genesys has also an official post regarding the patch they released but still get notification from the agents that they miss the call, because no alerting at all is coming.

Gennaro Montanino

• 7.  RE: UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

Posted 02-09-2023 08:51

Is the patch for BYOC Premises edges? We're on BYOC Cloud edges and we have reports of the same issue on an infrequent intermittant basis.

Ronald Moon
    Fisher Investments

• 8.  RE: UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

Posted 02-20-2023 08:24

We have a similar problem, users won't receive a notification of calls to a particular group. The alert shows for direct calls to the agent but not when its a group call

Currently got a ticket open with support and trying to get logs

Louis Creely
    AJ Bell Youinvest

• 9.  RE: UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

Posted 02-21-2023 13:20

We were seeing this as well, but what fixed it for us is having the user pop out the Genesys Cloud page into it's own browser window. The window can be minimized or in the background, but for some reason it didn't play with being "just a tab". After we started having our users do this, the issue was resolved.

Katie Dodge
    North American Bancard

• 10.  RE: UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

Posted 02-21-2023 14:56

Some of these symptoms described here, we have seen.  Agents set up with auto-answer being notified that they are not responding randomly, agents receiving phone calls without any notification and the UI not indicating that they are on a call, agents have been receiving an alert for a voice interaction when they are currently on a voice interaction.  

What I have found that seems to be the cause of my issues at least, there are interactions that have an issue alerting a rep.  If you can find the problem interaction, you'll see 21 lines of it trying to alert Station <user's email address>.  This particular user, would be the one that randomly goes into not responding.  These interactions are not easy to find though, even though they did try to alert a user, because there was some issue with their Station, the user does not show as associated with this interaction.  

Sometimes what happens with these calls, after the 21 times it tries to alert the station, the interaction will actually get sent to a different user.  This is where interesting things happen.  This is typically the user that does not receive an adequate alert and the UI does not show they are on a call.  This is also the user that will notify us that they are being alerted for an interaction while they are currently on a call.  The reason for this, they are also not listed as users of this interaction.  You actually have to go run the conversation details api to see proof they were involved in this interaction.  If you are able to find them.

My suggestion for finding these interactions, you'll need to look into interactions around the time users go into not responding, look for calls that are assigned a queue but there are no user's assigned to the interaction.  If you have users that complain about getting alerted to an interaction while on a call, you could check your CRM for logs around that time, and if you are lucky, search the customers phone number in the ANI field.  

This does present some concerns for us.  Mainly, we only keep the recorded calls for our call center reps and everything else is deleted.  The fact that these calls do not have an agent associated with them, they are kept and the recordings are deleted.  This presents a compliance issue for us.  Secondly, I'm not sure how the statistics for these interactions get associated with the agent that took the call.  I have been told that it "should be" included in one of the 2 tickets I have had to open for this issue.  I have been advised to open a third ticket now for the recording issue.  

It sounds like our issues may be similar..  I'm hoping the information I provided would help find the cause of the symptoms you all described.

Thank you,

Jason Tripp
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 11.  RE: UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

Posted 02-21-2023 15:17

Can you explain in details?

What do you mean with "the user pop out the Genesys Cloud page into it's own browser window"?

Gennaro Montanino

• 12.  RE: UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

Posted 02-21-2023 15:30

Grab the tab out of the browser and drag it into it's own window

Katie Dodge
    North American Bancard

• 13.  RE: UI Not Alerting Intermittently For Transferred Calls

Posted 02-22-2023 11:03

We haven't seen this issue, at least it hasn't been reported to me, but I think it  may be because we are using the Genesys desktop client application which is equivalent to it's own separate browser.  

Mark Pierson
    Ally Financial

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources