PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Unable to provision SIP/Softphone as a standard user.

Posted 06-01-2022 19:57
    We are on Genesys 2020 R9

I am not sure what to make of this one.  Have users that have no admin privileges, they are call center users.  If I try to provision the Softphone SIP it says no host found.  Verified they can see the host server CIC server through IP and name resolution using a ping.  I verified the server is set up right, and I can in Interaction Desktop login under workstation as their IP phone and as their workstation.  If I try to log in as SIP in ID, it fails saying no host found.

If I open SIP as an admin (myself) it provisions just fine.  Managed IP phones in Interaction Administrator shows the software installed, and gives the version 20.00.03.010.  Though it also says it is not registered.

When trying to connect in ID to SIP, with SIP already connected, it creates a new SIP connection, which fails, because I am guessing the lack of admin rights.

If I force SIP to load with admin rights and open ID, it asks me to log in to SIP, and then connects, but the ID eventually times out saying connection to the SIP was lost.  I looked in the logs, and didn't see anything really that jumped out at me as an error.
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Jon Mercer

• 2.  RE: Unable to provision SIP/Softphone as a standard user.

Posted 06-02-2022 01:53
    Please check if the directory path is writeable for users where the softphone is storing its certificate. This path can be defined by registry or by environment variable. The default path (C:\Program Files\...) is normally not userwriteable.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 3.  RE: Unable to provision SIP/Softphone as a standard user.

Posted 06-02-2022 11:22
    Edited by Jon Mercer 06-03-2022 11:54
    It is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Interactive Intelligence\Certificates, but will check permissions.  Is it the full path they would need write access, or just the certificates folder?

(Edit) Found the certificate folder in both the X86 and just program files.

I tried to give both Certificate and Interaction Intelligence folders full rights, and as soon as I try to provision, it says there is a problem provisioning, contact your admin.

Something odd, is I am getting these alerts from the CIC server.  The mentioned path is the computer that is having the issues.

IC Server: ***-CIC***

Subsystem: Provision Server

Severity: Error

Event Message ID: 37509

Event Message: "A legacy phone which does not support HTTPS attempted to    retrieve configuration. The system is currently setup to   require HTTPS.   User-Agent: "ININ-Softphone/20.00.03.010"   Client Address: "10.X.X.X9:50713"   Method: "GET"   Path: "/XXX-D35.xxx.local.i3sipcfg" "

Jon Mercer

• 4.  RE: Unable to provision SIP/Softphone as a standard user.

Posted 06-03-2022 08:51
    What patch level? We had an issue with softphone provisioning after upgrading to 2020R4; there's a patch in p22 and later that addresses it. May be a similar issue.

Stephen Edwards
    DialAmerica
    Sr. Systems Engineer

• 5.  RE: Unable to provision SIP/Softphone as a standard user.

Posted 06-03-2022 11:15
    We are on 2020 R3 P9.

Jon Mercer

• 6.  RE: Unable to provision SIP/Softphone as a standard user.

Posted 06-03-2022 09:45
    Edited by Andreas Tikart 06-03-2022 09:47
    Please have a look at the following Registry key (on the Client)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Interactive Intelligence\Certificates

There are two Name/Value pairs in it:
    Path: Sets the directory path where the certificates itself should be stored
    ICCertificate: Set the Filename of the certificate index file (XML)

Or you can use the environment variable "ININ_Certificates" to set the full path and filename to the ICCertificate XML File

And for 64 bit applications there is a 2nd registry key with identical content.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Interactive Intelligence\Certificates

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 7.  RE: Unable to provision SIP/Softphone as a standard user.

Posted 06-03-2022 11:35
    Edited by Jon Mercer 06-03-2022 11:38
    Under the first registry key we have.

Under the second one, it is.

On computers that it works fine on, they have the same registry entries.
    Jon Mercer

• 8.  RE: Unable to provision SIP/Softphone as a standard user.

Posted 06-03-2022 11:36
    I tried as myself who has full admin rights on the system, and it has the same issue, so doesn't seem to be a permissions issue.

Jon Mercer

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources