Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Voicemail Deletion

Posted 06-15-2022 14:11

Hello!

We are currently trying to delete the voicemails in our inbox. We have over 53 pages in the inbox and we can't justify having someone go through and manually delete each one. We have been trying to use the DELETE /api/v2/voicemail/messages api in the Developer Tools with no success. 

We receive the Response 200 after Executing the request that indicates a success but the text field is blank. 

There is clearly something we are missing, but unsure where to start.

Thanks so much!

#Reporting/Analytics
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Laurence Fernandez
    CGI Group Inc.

• 2.  RE: Voicemail Deletion

Posted 06-17-2022 08:03
    Edited by Paulo Mesquita do not use 06-17-2022 08:15
    Hi Laurence,

The endpoint only deletes the voicemail messages of the person running the query.

• 3.  RE: Voicemail Deletion

GENESYS
    Posted 06-20-2022 09:32
    Hi Laurence - 

Paulo is correct in that the Voicemail API only works for the user which is running they query.  However, there are a couple ideas on the GenesysCloud.Ideas site that can be voted up to one day, hopefully, allow a bit of a change in this regard.  Have a look at the following 2 ideas, and be sure to vote them up!! 

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/UCC-I-582
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/OP-I-1356

Paulo - you should be sure and go vote them up too. ;-) 

Thanks,
    Trent.

• 4.  RE: Voicemail Deletion

Posted 06-20-2022 10:24

Hi Trent, 

The voicemails aren't attached to any user in particular, but by group. So within the Inbox tab the voicemails display which Contact Centre Group they came in through. 

I am an owner of each of the groups, so I would of assumed that would give me the permission to delete the voicemails en masse.
    Is this the correct way we should have our voicemail setup?

Thanks!

Laurence Fernandez
    CGI Group Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources