Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

User Presence changes automatically

• 1.  User Presence changes automatically

Posted 04-24-2017 12:44

Hi,

I would like to know if there is automated rules that updates automatically the User Presence status.

My case is :

1 - The agent goes for lunch, he sets his status to "Away" or "Meal" ...

2 - The agent locks his Windows session

3 - When he is back 1 hour later, he sees that its status went back to "Available".

Could you help me to understand this point ?

If there is an automated rule, is it possible to disable it ?

Thanks a lot.

Baptiste.

• 2.  RE: User Presence changes automatically

GENESYS
    Posted 04-26-2017 21:19

The only automated status change I an aware of is tied to running the Desktop client on Windows. If your status is Available when you lock your desktop, PureCloud automatically changes your status to Away, then changes it back to Available when you unlock your desktop.

There should not be any other automatic status change happening, unless the agents are using the mobile app. Mobile app will change your status to Available when you use it on your phone. Are your agents using the mobile app?

There is no way to disable the automatic status change for the Desktop client, but then again it should not behave as you describe.

• 3.  RE: User Presence changes automatically

Posted 01-22-2019 18:14
    As I recall we saw similar behavior when running PC in browser (chrome) not just in the embedded chrome desktop 'app'  and it's tied to loss of network connection.  Possibly, if you get into either your bios or your computer's power setting and make sure your primary network connection is always on, you may be able to avoid this situation?  

For us, we moved to amazon hosted desktops for security reasons, and that solved the issue as the network state for the remote VM is always on, so far as I can tell.

------------------------------
    Dana Eckoff
    Mosaic (joinmosaic.com)

• 4.  RE: User Presence changes automatically

Posted 01-23-2019 03:16
    Indeed we had this and this was tied to the power settings as explained we just turned off all sleep and hibernation on our PC's so that there was no disconnect from the Edges - :-)

Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 5.  RE: User Presence changes automatically

Posted 12-07-2020 19:13
    Hi George - Is this out of box functionality or do we need to perform some settings ?
    Also is there any time limit as after how much time the status changes from Available to away if Agent lock their system and go away !

Thanks,
    Anurag Gusain

• 6.  RE: User Presence changes automatically

GENESYS
    Posted 12-08-2020 09:41
    It is out-of-the-box functionality, only when using the desktop app. I don't remember how long it waits...I think maybe 15 seconds or 30 seconds...not sure.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/presence-status-and-activity-indicators/

Away, yellow Presence Away You are away from your computer. You can set your presence to Away manually. If you use the Desktop app, Genesys Cloud also changes your status to Away when your computer screen locks or changes to a screensaver. 
    Note: If you manually change your status to Away, Genesys Cloud allows you the opportunity to answer calls before they route to voicemail. However, if, due to inactivity, Genesys Cloud automatically changes your status to Away (Idle), it also sends calls directly to voicemail. 

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: User Presence changes automatically

Posted 12-08-2020 14:56
    Thanks George !

Thanks,
    Anurag Gusain

• 8.  RE: User Presence changes automatically

Posted 01-22-2019 15:25
    I have a client who is also experiencing this.  Where the agent will put themselves in the "Meal" status and then when it hits a half hour it reverts them back to Available.

Alisa Mizer
    Avtex

• 9.  RE: User Presence changes automatically

Posted 01-23-2019 15:14
    One of our customers started experiencing this a month ago, PC's aren't set to sleep. I have raised a support case and provided logs and am now awaiting feedback.

Andrew Corr
    Telstra Corporation Ltd

• 10.  RE: User Presence changes automatically

Posted 02-08-2021 22:12
    Have you managed to get any updated from your support case at all? We are having similar issues in our organization as well.

Waati Manukonga
    KiwiBank

• 11.  RE: User Presence changes automatically

Posted 02-08-2021 23:43
    Hi Waati, nice to see you in here!

Have you been able to grab Chrome logs yourself to spot if you see an API request going back from the browser to change the status at all?  Had you seen any pattern at all - such as them not completely finishing up an interaction before going on break (ie not choosing a wrap up code)?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 12.  RE: User Presence changes automatically

Posted 02-08-2021 23:52
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 02-08-2021 23:53
    For what it's worth - I can more or less replicate this.  If you're on a WiFi connection, while you're in break status, turn off WiFi then turn it straight back on again.  When it eventually reconnects it will change the user's status to Available.  That's probably by design but only makes sense from the point of view of maybe taking them from on-queue to available if there's network issues to stop ACD calls being sent immediately while the connection is being refreshed.

Might be worth checking if there's some network issue or maybe even a case of people on workstations that have both LAN and WiFi enabled.  Also definitely need to check the always-on and power saving settings to make sure nothing's putting WiFi to sleep even though the screen and drive etc may be set to always on.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 13.  RE: User Presence changes automatically

Posted 23 days ago

@Alisa Mizer @Baptiste Baptiste Derré

We have one agent experiencing the same issue. What was the solution ? 

Vincent Sabolboro
    ATB Financial

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources