Genesys Casual

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Advent Calendars Assemble??

GENESYS
    Posted 12-02-2021 07:58
    Did anyone else crack open an advent calendar yesterday? The Lawson household stepped up to the plate yesterday and started working on a few:

1. Cheese - Obviously, this caused the most competition between spouses. 
    2. Wine - This is one for the wife.
    3. Beer - This was for me, day 1 was a Pear Apple seltzer and it was quite lovely. I may have had day 2 also...I'm not good.
    4. Shortbread Cookies? - I don't know who cursed us with this, but if you don't know what shortbread cookies are, I like to think of them as sand. So yeah, I have 25 days of sand to look forward to.
    What did you wind up with?

Cheers!

Matt
    #CoffeeTalk

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 2.  RE: Advent Calendars Assemble??

Posted 12-03-2021 03:11
    Yep Matt we started with 2 Cadbury's 3D Christmas Tree advent calenders - the assembly hmmm -  then came the task of trying to find the busted lamp in my wifes handed down vintage 1950's Pimco tree light set 20 minutes and two broken lamps later "Ta Dah".... thank goodness the others are LED's.....Michael Buble is already playing and next my Fave Chevy Chase and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation...Ho HO HO

Matthew Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 3.  RE: Advent Calendars Assemble??

GENESYS
    Posted 12-03-2021 07:49
    Most excellent! I cannot wait to breakout the Christmas Vacation DVD. Yes, DVD! 

I feel like I need to see a picture of this lamp. Our decorations are still in various boxes on various floors, waiting for their moment to shine.

On a personal and advent calendar related note, I'm having a great Friday, because I have a friend that loves shortbread cookies, so I was able to offload...ehr...I mean "gift" the shortbread calendar to her. Let the real celebrations begin.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 4.  RE: Advent Calendars Assemble??

GENESYS
    Posted 12-03-2021 10:55
    Excellent! Enjoy them all!

Monique Hewling
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Advent Calendars Assemble??

Posted 12-03-2021 12:32
    We're big Lego fans over here and have three different varieties of Lego advent calendars going - Harry Potter for my husband & I, and Star Wars and Friends for the kids. Lots of excitement all around.

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Solutions, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Advent Calendars Assemble??

GENESYS
    Posted 12-03-2021 13:15
    Good gravy! That's 25 days worth of winning right there.

harry potter wow GIF
    Please keep us informed on what everyone's favorite Lego is! Right now, the most memorable item that we've had is a piece of Red Pesto Gouda...I don't think a picture of the wrapper does it justice.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 7.  RE: Advent Calendars Assemble??

GENESYS
    Posted 12-03-2021 13:20
    @Emily Kammerer, I forgot to mention, thanks for bringing the one advent calendar where assembly may be required! Until now, my title for post was pretty deceptive.​

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources