Genesys Casual

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How's Kevin?? Great First Night of March Madness

GENESYS
    Posted 03-18-2022 10:27
    Edited by Matt Lawson 03-21-2022 11:13
    Extra, Extra! 

First-time bracketeer trails pool leaders by two points! Brackets in shambles after yucky Kentucky bows out early and Iowa Hawkeyes take a black eye. Read all about it.

Feature Article - First time Bracketeer On the Glory Trail

The NCAA, College Basketball brackets locked at noon (EST) yesterday and action started immediately!

International broadcasts may have been devoted to the teams fighting tooth and nail to lift a championship trophy, but the spotlight was on the Genesys Community's new developer Kevin, who had just submitted his first Basktetball Tournament Bracket ever!

Who's Kevin? You can read more about his Cinderella story here, but we caught up with the rookie all star to learn more about his process and first day jitters. 

Genesys Casual: Kevin, you had a great first day. You are currently ahead of your boss and your boss's boss. Were you nervous submitting your bracket?

Kevin: 😂😂 No. 

Genesys Casual: You are a mere two points behind the pool's leaders, tied for 14th place in a pool of 66. It's a tight race. How do you feel?

Kevin: I like my bracket so far, I think I have a some good picks.

Genesys Casual: How did you make your picks?

Kevin: Honestly, I just went with my gut on this one.

Genesys Casual: Did you have a special meal or anything to celebrate filling out your bracket?

Kevin: I had Chipotle before I picked.

Genesys Casual: In your bracket, it doesn't look like you picked a team to win the whole tournament. Was this part of your grand design? Were you confident that you don't need the points? Or was this a rookie mistake???

At the time of publication, we have not received a comment. More on this stunning strategy and other pool highlights in our next issue.

Who are the Pool Leaders? 

Atop the leaders board in our group are "Turtle Tom" and the ironically named "ProbablyNotAWinne Laura" are in a tight race and their identities are cloaked in mystery. Will the real Tom and Laura please stand up or are the shadows exactly where they like to be...for now?

How about you? How is your bracket going? Have any good game foods? Did your favorite pet dress up for day 1?

One last favor, a poll is live on the Genesys Community. We would love to hear what competitions most interest you! Give a quick vote and help us pick the community's next contest.

Signing Off!

Matt
    #CommunityQuestions(Contest,Community,etc.)
    #Events
    #News

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 2.  RE: How's Kevin?? Great First Night of March Madness

GENESYS
    Posted 03-19-2022 01:09
    Day 2, lots of changes on the leaderboard!  Must have a lot of Midwest fans, why is everyone choosing the Jayhawks?  That is a smart pick!!! #RCJH​

Joel Krause

• 3.  RE: How's Kevin?? Great First Night of March Madness

GENESYS
    Posted 03-21-2022 08:52
    I picked them because I felt like it's Kansas' time. I also remember watching them play a game and thinking, "Those guys are so good!"

I live near Duke and would love for Coach K to win, but the chances of that seem improbable. I knew my Tennessee Vols wouldn't win, but I was really hoping for sweet 16. 

I'm surprised how many people picked Miami to beat Auburn. 

Great weekend for Basketball.

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 4.  RE: How's Kevin?? Great First Night of March Madness

Posted 03-21-2022 10:53
    Hey everyone! Laura here, with the ProbablyNotAWinner bracket. I am a little late to the party now that my bracket is tied for 23rd, but I do believe it is rightfully named since I have Kentucky winning it all and they lost their first round. Good luck everyone!

@Matt Lawson you've gotta change your first paragraph. I am a diehard Iowa HAWKEYE fan, and one of our rivals is the Ohio State BUCKEYES, so it is painful to see them shown as the Iowa Buckeyes. :(​

Laura Crawford
    Blucora, Inc.

• 5.  RE: How's Kevin?? Great First Night of March Madness

GENESYS
    Posted 03-21-2022 11:24
    @Laura Crawford, wow. You caught me. Friday morning got the best of me. I'll never confuse the Iowa Hawkeyes with Brutus again.​

Also, I understand that Brutus is argued to be a nut from the state tree of Ohio, but he'll always be a delicious, Peanut-Butter-Fudge-dipped-in-chocolate dessert to me.

Happy Monday!

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources