Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Migration to Nuance Speech Suite 11

Posted 04-05-2022 12:41
    As Nuance Recognizer and ASR are coming to EOL, I am planning to upgrade to the next version "Nuance Speech Suite 11".  Does anyone already did this?  challenges / experiences.... impact on GVP components?   tips and tricks...   any information helps.  thank you.
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Senih Demren
    Insurance Corporation of British Co

• 2.  RE: Migration to Nuance Speech Suite 11

Posted 04-06-2022 12:37

Hi Senih,

We are running and supporting an installation of Nuance Speech Suite 11 (11.0.4) along with premium voices.  The biggest difference is the increase in required resources (CPU for TTS).  We were previously running 10.2.  We are not doing ASR, just TTS for outbound.
    I strongly recommend doing due diligence for performance testing in this regard even moe eso if you are running in a virtual environment.  NMS is a very nice management tool for controlling the services (The version we have, not all Nuance services are actual Windows services, my understanding though is the newer version 11 did go back to that model).  We are not using the statistics collection functionality at this time.
    One interesting experience we just had which I'll share is on the notifications piece; we use Office 365 for e-mailing from NMS.  We needed a patch for the e-mail piece to now force TLS 1.2 communications as Microsoft has now enforced that behaviour.

Regards,

Mike.
    The Tykans Group Inc.

Michael Silverman
    Tykans Group Inc

• 3.  RE: Migration to Nuance Speech Suite 11

Posted 04-06-2022 12:44
    Thanks for sharing your experience, I didn't touch Nuance components since its deployed years ago its very stable but I remember we had some challenges in the original deployment. Hope its going to be a smoother transition this time.. 

Best Regards,
    Senih Demren

Senih Demren
    Insurance Corporation of British Co

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources