Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Getting Attached Data

• 1.  Getting Attached Data

Posted 01-30-2019 13:07

​Hello,

For an ongoing call we are given a conn ID and need to go out and get the attached data in real time. I know we can do this by logging into the TServer with the extension using the platform SDK, but is there any other way that doesn't require knowledge of the extension that is handling the call?

Thanks,

Eric

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Integrations
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Eric Scherrer
    BB&T (Branch Banking & Trust Comp.)

• 2.  RE: Getting Attached Data

GENESYS
    Posted 01-30-2019 13:28
    Hi Eric,

If we think about T-Server as controller of all voice interactions (both incoming and ongoing), we know it has a very important role in attaching data to the call.

However, T-Server must receive requests from somewhere in order to attach data. Let's consider Incoming calls: Requests to attach data are normally sent from the IVR (GVP for example) or the Routing platform (URS or ORS). For ongoing calls the process should be the same: you must have some component (typically the Agend Desktop) sending the data you want to attach together with the RequestMakeCall message (which is basically what the Outbound Solution does).

If you don't want to do it via SDK, I can't imagine what else you could do...

Rafael Marciano

• 3.  RE: Getting Attached Data

Posted 01-30-2019 13:46
    In realtime, you could create a Third-Party server and connect it to the T-Server so it could get RequestAttachedDataUpdate requests, or you could just plumb them from ICON as they're processed (near real-time), if you've built an instance that processes all attached data it receives.

-Ivan

Ivan Ullmann
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 4.  RE: Getting Attached Data

Posted 01-30-2019 14:31

We want to use the SDK, the problem is the thing that needs kvp's will not know the extension, only the connid. I think what we may need to do is query icon, or see how icon is able to gather all this data - does it keep an open connection to the TServer for each and every extension?

Eric Scherrer

• 5.  RE: Getting Attached Data

Posted 01-30-2019 14:33
    TServer just reports T-Events to it through a single connection (based on the connections tab for the TServer).  You'd have to look at the data and the extension if you're trying to pull something specific by extension.  Otherwise, it just collects everything if it is configured to do so.

Ivan Ullmann
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 6.  RE: Getting Attached Data

Posted 01-30-2019 14:54
    Eric,

Based on what I think you are trying to do, I second Ivan's suggestion of using ICON. It would be near real-time as ICON registers all extensions and can collect the attached data. You would have to query ICON by connid and pull all the attached data that ICON has for that call.

Regards,

Daniel Hilaire
    Kaplan

• 7.  RE: Getting Attached Data

GENESYS
    Posted 01-30-2019 14:43
    Why won't you have the extension info? On behalf of what DN will T-Server place the call?

Regarding your question: ICON establishes a single connection to T-Server and makes a subscription for every DN it needs to receive updates for. Using this connection, ICON listens to messages T-Server sends in real time.

I'm afraid that querying ICON DB will not help you on this, because if T-Server doesn't know the extension, neither ICON will.

Rafael Marciano

• 8.  RE: Getting Attached Data

Posted 01-30-2019 14:52
    Thanks all, I am going to look into the Third-Party server and connect it to the T-Server​ approach, I was not aware this was possible. I appreciate the help.

Eric Scherrer

• 9.  RE: Getting Attached Data

Posted 01-30-2019 16:03
    Hey Eric,

Do you have any more information about your exact use case?  It may mean that there could be several integration patterns available to you.

For example, we have a customisation within WDE that listens for attached data changes when being handled at the agent desktop and pushes those to a custom CRM we use via .net named pipes.

An other alternative might be to use ORS to trigger a push to your system when it detects an update to userdata.  There's an example here.

Or a third party server may be best. :)

Regards,
    Jason

Jason Mclennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 10.  RE: Getting Attached Data

GENESYS
    Posted 01-30-2019 18:51
    Where are you getting the connid from?

At that point you should know more detail about the call.

Andrew Soroka
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: Getting Attached Data

Posted 05-06-2022 00:10
    I know this is an old post and I'm sure you've since moved on (without a doubt), but I noticed that no one mentioned using the URS Web API... Truly amazing what you can query from URS so long as your strategy is in control of the call. There's a TON of things you can request from URS!!!

Search Google for Genesys RouteBehind80.pdf or "Genesys REST Functions Supported by URS 8.0"...
    Here is the direct link (so long as the link doesn't change): https://docs.genesys.com/Special:Repository/RouteBehind80.pdf?id=dc063cd5-538c-4423-94a6-c6e28e5b6bd3

Thanks

Stephane Giguere

Stephane Giguere
    Online Business Systems

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources