Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

Posted 05-04-2022 12:17
    No replies, thread closed.
    With the new schedule view being released today, we are getting reports that agents are unable to click on the "Today" view for their schedules.  They can see the schedules for the week and the month.  

Is anyone else having this problem?  

Thanks!
    #Genesys Cloud CX
    #Scheduling
    #Workforce Engagement Management
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Jason Lorden
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

Posted 05-04-2022 13:43
    Yes we do have the same issue. I think that is the update from product ? Did you get any response from Genesys Jason ?

Suresh Uppara
    Johnson & Johnson

• 3.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

Posted 05-04-2022 14:18
    Hi Suresh, 

My understanding of the update today was simply adding the schedule information to the Activity view.  It looks like somehow they removed the ability to see the schedules for today only.  

We did open a ticket with Genesys and we answered some questions and waiting for them to get back to us.  

Thanks!

Jason Lorden

• 4.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

Posted 05-04-2022 14:38
    We were under the same assumption too Jason. We also opened the ticket, waiting for response. Thanks for your reply..!!

Suresh Uppara
    Johnson & Johnson

• 5.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

GENESYS
    Posted 05-04-2022 14:48
    Edited by System 01-26-2024 19:24

Hello everyone,

It is true that we used to have [Day | Week | Month] and now we just have [Week | Month]. That was an intentional change. The current day is highlighted in blue at the top and has a diamond on the line that crosses it, we thought this would be good enough to identify the current day.  Also, if you view the schedule view as part of the Activity screen (link at the top left of Genesys Cloud), you get what we call the "Batters Box" that shows your schedule for just today.  

If there is a reason you believe the Day view should come back please open an Idea.  We will also consider any support tickets we get in support of re-adding the Day functionality back.  

The "Today" button itself is different, its purpose is to navigate you back to viewing Today.  If you are viewing next week/month and click Today it will navigate back to the current week/month.

Joe Behymer
    PureCloud Workforce Management Development Team

• 6.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

Posted 05-04-2022 15:50
    Hi Joe, 

Since this is being discussed in different posts I wanted to be my comments over here as well.  

What I am struggling to understand is:
    1. Why Genesys felt the need to remove existing functionality?  
    2. More importantly, when the decision was made to remove this functionality, why wasn't it communicated?.  
    Now the solution we are given is to go and submit a new idea that will sit there for months or years (if it is addressed at all) for something we already had but Genesys decided we no longer needed?

Jason Lorden

• 7.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

GENESYS
    Posted 05-04-2022 16:02
    Hi Jason

Re: 1.. 
    During our user testing it was deemed that the single day view was redundant as the user also has access to the "batters box" with their daily schedule available on the left hand side. In that testing all users were looking at a week not a day. (see screenshot for more context)

Re: 2.. 
    This is an overall experience improvement not a deprecation. We have been communicating this change in roadmap sessions, demo sessions and on the community as well. Its not a deprecation. 

Here is the view in question, as you can see the user can see today at all times on the left hand panel. 

Like always we welcome the feedback

Cameron Smith
    VP, Product Management - Workforce Engagement Management

cameron.smith@genesys.com

• 8.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

Posted 05-04-2022 16:54
    Hi Cameron, 

Thanks for the quick response.  

Was the intention to force users switch and start using the Activity view instead of the existing view?  If the intention wasn't to force people to use this new view, why would the existing view change?  

In my experience, agents are creatures of habit.  Will they eventually move and start to use the new activity view...probably, but they are always going to go to what they know until they are comfortable with the change.  I was under the impression this change was simply adding the existing functionality to the Activity view. 

I appreciate that you are saying this information is available in all these places.  
    • The slide on this change from the most recent roadmap meetings simply says "All features migrated from existing Employee Schedule view in web including:...".  Nothing about no longer being able to see today's schedule on the original view.    
    • I'm not sure which demo(s) or community post(s) this feature was discussed in...clearly I must have missed those.
    My expectation is that these details would be explained in the release notes.  I do my best to read and be active in these communities.  I am part of GCAP incase something gets mentioned there.  I meet with our TAM weekly.  I do not have time to attend every demo, read every post, etc.  I do however ensure I have time every week to review the release notes and decide (based on the information given) if the change is going to impact my people.  If I don't have all the information, I cannot make an accurate assessment as to if the change will impact my associates.  

Thanks!

Jason Lorden

• 9.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

GENESYS
    Posted 05-04-2022 18:01
    No problem Jason. Happy to chat.

The intention was not to force the change however since our release of Agent Activity back at the start of last year we have and will continue to make a concerted effort to move all 'Agent Off Queue' experiences into this single view point. Like most of our development with WEM we are very much user lead in terms of needs. 

The overarching view from our employee user population was that quick and easy access to this is important for them to remain informed, manage their non interaction work and just generally improving the overall experience. In terms of creature of habit, we hear that feedback loud and clear and UI changes are always difficult because there is always that notion of repeat patterns. When the pattern changes the accommodation of that pattern change always leads to at least some levels of negative feedback. 

As a vendor we do our best to minimize the impact where possible however we do believe that the overall improvements we are making to the employee's off queue experience is for the greater good. In light of that we have left the schedule view inside the my performance sections as well as we are aware not all organizations have made the transition over to the activity screens - now effectively the same info in two locations. However we do recommend making this change even if you are not considering using items like Gamification, Performance Management or Learning as there are significant time savings having from having to navigate through the menus. 

My expectation is that these details would be explained in the release notes.  I do my best to read and be active in these communities.  I am part of GCAP incase something gets mentioned there.  I meet with our TAM weekly.  I do not have time to attend every demo, read every post, etc.  I do however ensure I have time every week to review the release notes and decide (based on the information given) if the change is going to impact my people.  If I don't have all the information, I cannot make an accurate assessment as to if the change will impact my associates

Thank you for this feedback. Its absolutely an improvement we can make to our communication, we have retained all features just a little bit different in how they are viewed. We do apologize for any confusion here and we will take this feedback back into our retrospective reviews to make sure we are considerably clearer in what the change will be. 

One of the items we are doing is more detailed deep dives on roadmap items, especially for near term capabilities. Starting in May I will be hosting a webinar where we will walk through each of the features occurring in June, answering any Q&A you may have and help you prepare for the features coming shortly. More info on this webinar can be found here

Cheers

Cameron Smith
    VP, Product Management - Workforce Engagement Management

cameron.smith@genesys.com

• 10.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

Posted 05-06-2022 09:53
    Hi Cameron, 

Thanks for taking the time to respond and thanks for the information on the upcoming Q&A sessions...that will be a huge help going forward.  I also think the arrivals board is helpful so we can see what is coming and possibly ask questions if necessary.  I hope these practices are incorporated into some of the other Genesys communities as well.  

Thanks!

Jason Lorden

• 11.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

Posted 05-08-2022 19:48

Just come here to our staff are really missing the 'Day' view and this should not have been removed. 

Trying to view just detailed 1 day information in an upcoming schedule (i.e Tomorrow) is almost unusable - the 'Today' button just goes to today and everything is just super squished together. The left hand side 'Batters Box' just says the total shift time but no detail on the shift.

This is not an improvement - removing existing functionality is a deprecation. I also agree we shouldn't have to raise an idea to get functionality back - especially when this specific deprecation was communicated that it would be deprecated. 

Yes the roadmap and future release notes were saying the schedules were being added to the Activity view - but nothing about the day view being removed.

Jeff

• 12.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

GENESYS
    Posted 05-09-2022 07:24

Hi Jeff, 

As Cam has mentioned in his reply, when viewing the schedule from the Agent Activity/Home page there is the day view fixed on the left of the page at all times.

What is missing from the Today panel under the Users profile picture that the old day view gave?

Paul Wood
    Product Manager for Genesys Cloud Workforce Management

• 13.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

GENESYS
    Posted 05-09-2022 07:45

Paul, their use case seems to be viewing their schedule for Tomorrow.  They would click Day and then right arrow to go to tomorrow to see their schedule for tomorrow.  Batters box doesn't solve this, it just says "Next Shift - 9:00 -> 5:00".  

Joe Behymer

• 14.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

GENESYS
    Posted 05-09-2022 11:36
    Edited by System 01-26-2024 19:24

Hi All, 

firstly I'd like to thank you all for your feedback and contribution to this conversation. 

Following the feedback and having revised our initial use cases we have agreed to reinstate the day view on the new Agent Schedule view. This will give users the ability to see a schedule for a day/week/month and focus the current view to "Today", Today, this Week, this Month, using the Today button.
    Below is a quick mock-up of how that might look.

I'll keep you updated on the progress and proposed deployment cycle for this fix.

Paul Wood

• 15.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

Posted 05-17-2022 07:57

Hi @Paul Wood,

Any ETA on when this change will be implemented?  Just wondering if it is in the near future or something that may take months to change.

Thanks! ​

Jason Lorden

• 16.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

GENESYS
    Posted 05-18-2022 10:00
    ETA is by end of this month.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 17.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

GENESYS
    Posted 05-30-2022 20:48

The "Day" view functionality has been added back in as of right now.  

We obviously made a mistake removing it in the first place, and I apologize for that.  We thought the "Today's Schedule" panel in the left hand side was an improved replacement, when that obviously wasn't the case.  

Thanks for posting your feedback on the forum.

Joe Behymer, Director

• 18.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

Posted 05-31-2022 03:39
    The agents will be very pleased as we received a lot of feedback from them, thanks for letting us know and resolving this issue.

Guidosteen Anthony
    City of Gold Coast

• 19.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

GENESYS
    Posted 06-08-2022 10:25

Hi Anthony, 

How are the agents getting on with the added day view?

Paul Wood

• 20.  RE: Agents Unable to Select the Today View for Schedules

Posted 06-08-2022 18:41
    Thanks for checking in with us Paul, yes the agents are very happy to have the view back!

AnthonyGuidosteen
    City of Gold Coast

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources