Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Forecast accuracy

Posted 04-29-2022 13:14
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi - Is there a way to see the forecast accuracy for a longer period of time than an interval? Specifically, I'm looking to get forecast accuracy (%) on a daily, weekly and monthly level. I see when I click on Forecasts and go back to a previous day, I can hover and see forecast vs actual and a % accuracy for each interval, but it's really more valuable to see that on a broader view. 

Also, when I click to Export Forecast, it's only giving me one Planning group, and not the planning group I've selected. Curious what I'm doing wrong here. Thanks!

(FYI if there's someone who's been working with forecasts and scheduling and would be open to chatting with me, since we've just started using this as of April 1st, I'd love to set up time to chat.)
    #Forecasting
    #Performance Management
    #Scheduling
    #Workforce Engagement Management
    #WorkforceManagement
    #Other/NotSure

------------------------------
    Amber Krueger
    Ultimus Fund Solutions, LLC

• 2.  RE: Forecast accuracy

GENESYS
    Posted 05-02-2022 07:23
    Edited by System 01-26-2024 19:29
      |   view attached
    For offered and AHT you can see forecast error and accuracy for a period by hovering over those metrics' aggregated values that are shown in the top right portion of the forecasting interface. The metrics and additional information in hover are relevant for whatever the planning group selections are in the faceted nav panel as well as whatever the period that is being shown (1D, 3D, 5D, Max, or a specific range selection using the bottom graph range selection capabilities).

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: Forecast accuracy

Posted 05-02-2022 09:06
    Is there a report that can be run on a weekly or monthly basis with the forecast accuracy for a longer period of time than just an interval?

Amber Krueger
    Ultimus Fund Solutions, LLC

• 4.  RE: Forecast accuracy

GENESYS
    Posted 05-02-2022 09:36
    Edited by System 01-26-2024 19:29

Just to clarify, the current user interface allows you to see forecast error and accuracy for more than just a 15m interval. It will show you that information for 1 day, 3 day, 5 day, the entire forecast period, or any specific range selection (3h 15m 'slice' for example).

Forecast accuracy is specific to a forecast. You can create many forecasts for the same period. You only have one published schedule and perhaps some feature request would be to show forecast accuracy for that associated forecast. However, you can modify a forecast after the fact. So, any 'report' may not represent current state depending on when it was run. The most accurate and up to date forecast error and accuracy information is obtainable by utilizing the forecasting interface.

You can raise idea requests in Ideas Lab.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 5.  RE: Forecast accuracy

Posted 05-02-2022 10:19
    Hi Amber,

I came across the same issue about a year ago, and I could not solve it within the system. What I do now is when I generate a forecast I document the forecasted calls in my contact center specific Excel file. I have an annual Excel workbook for each contact center that I support where I capture "Queue Summary and Detail" reports for each day of the year. On the Forecast Accuracy tab it compares daily calls Offered against the forecasted calls; using this I am able to see daily, weekly, monthly forecast accuracy.

I use the the Scheduled Reports tool and a series of Excel Macros to quickly upload the previous days reports in the contact center specific annual Excel workbook, so the process is fairly well automated, the only manual part is typing in the forecast data.

Best Regards

Conor Twomey
    Arbella Service Company, Inc. and its Affiliates

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources