Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Inaccurate "Abandoned" Calls - How to manage inbound calls when the entire queue is in a meeting???

Posted 02-03-2022 13:35
    There are times when our users must close their entire queue for a team meeting.  We have created the following options for them to use:

1.  We create an emergency group that is tied to the call routes for that queue
    2.  We assign an inbound call flow (MEETING) to the Emergency Routing for the Call Route
    3.  The team goes to a meeting, they activate Emergency
    We have instructed them that they must clear any waiting interactions before leaving their desks.

This does not prevent any calls that are transferred directly to the queue.

So, we've told them that they also have to change the inqueue flow in the queue voice tab to also be MEETING.  That should prevent calls from being transferred to the queue and then being abandoned.

However, even if an agent does a consult transfer to the Meeting Team, and hears the message that the team is in a meeting, and cancels the transfer and goes back to the call with the customer - the call still shows as an abandoned call.

That doesn't seem right.  It should not affect KPIs negatively when we've done everything to 'close' the queue for a meeting.  

Anyone else have this issue?  How have you addressed?  (We have thought about modifying all the call flows to check for agent status - but we really do not like having to 'code' to get around irresponsible behavior such as everyone on the queue taking a break together - for example)

Any suggestions, ideas, commiserations, welcome!!

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Brenda Wynne
    Alcon Vision LLC

• 2.  RE: Inaccurate "Abandoned" Calls - How to manage inbound calls when the entire queue is in a meeting???

Posted 02-03-2022 13:55
    There is no way to show a "closed" queue to other agents.  Best thing is to allow the transfers and in the in-queue flow, evaluate if the emergency routing is activated and transfer out if it is.  That will keep them from sitting in the queue.  Your call treatment will determine the abandonment rate.  If you transfer out of the queue, it will be a flow out and depending on your analytics setting will be an abandoned or not.  I would suggest an ACD voicemail that leaves it in queue, but as a callback with a voicemail.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Inaccurate "Abandoned" Calls - How to manage inbound calls when the entire queue is in a meeting???

Posted 02-03-2022 14:10
    Hi Brenda

What I've done for some customers is steer their agents towards using a script that has buttons and drop down lists in it for doing transfers.  The reason for that is that you can then embed into that script some data actions to check things like how many agents are idle on the queue they're trying to transfer to.  In theory you could expand on that to have it also check if the queue they're trying to transfer to is "closed".  Then also add in what Robert's saying.  But potentially you could "disable" the actual transfer button in the script if that queue/group is in an emergency or closed state.

Vaun McCarthy

• 4.  RE: Inaccurate "Abandoned" Calls - How to manage inbound calls when the entire queue is in a meeting???

Posted 02-03-2022 18:51
    To follow up on Vaun's Idea, there's an API that can be used to query the different emergency groups and whether or not they are enabled: 
    GET /api/v2/architect/emergencygroups/{GroupID}

You could use this concept to display which queues are "open" for transfer, or on the other side of the spectrum.. which queues are "closed" for transfer. This information could be displayed on the agent's screen pretty slick-ly.

Peter Stoltenberg
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 5.  RE: Inaccurate "Abandoned" Calls - How to manage inbound calls when the entire queue is in a meeting???

GENESYS
    Posted 02-08-2022 14:50
    What is the inbound customer experience during meetings? Do you play a message then hang up, send to vmail? The key here is to do your schedule/emergency check at the inQueue level, and then to control how the customer exits. If the caller is piped directly to vmail or callback, this is a Flow-Out and generally not hitting service level. You can also route to an Inbound flow to handle any messaging, giving the caller no chance to hang up during the meeting.

• 6.  RE: Inaccurate "Abandoned" Calls - How to manage inbound calls when the entire queue is in a meeting???

Posted 05-22-2023 22:48
    Edited by Chris Rodriguez 05-22-2023 23:58

Hi Brenda, 

I just came across this issue and have it partially resolved on my end (I have outbound transfers on mine that aren't ACD transfers for some departments).

I first  created a data table for open, closed, holiday and emergency messages based off the current queue for inbound call flow.  Here is an example of the data table, as this also includes customer made prompts and schedule groups to evaluate:

I then added a data table lookup to find each queue assigned and set the following outputs in my in-queue call flow:
    If found in the data table I used the following expressions:

For the closed message I set the participant data to Schedule = Closed, attribute and Values are both literal. I then created another queue named System Closed Message. and ACD transferred the call to that queue if the queue is indeed closed, on holiday or an emergency using the following expression as the pre-transfer audio:

Closed:  ToAudio(FindUserPrompt(Task.closedMessage))
    Holiday: ToAudio(FindUserPrompt(Task.holidayMessage))
    Emergency: ToAudio(FindUserPrompt(Task.emergencyMessage))

in order for the call to end right after that message is played, I made a custom in-queue flow for the System Closed Queue:

there will still be abandons, but they will all go to the that specific queue and keep your other queues unaffected from  those abandons, even during a consult transfer. 

EDIT: I just realized you were also looking at warm transfers. What I ended up doing just now was setting the pre transfer audio to blank (you can use 100ms) and creating a generic closed message before the disconnect for the in queue flow for the system closed queue. This will prevent any abandons earlier on the call  if the customer or agent hang up before the pre transfer message ends. 

I hope this helps!

Chris Rodriguez
    Clearwave Fiber LLC

• 7.  RE: Inaccurate "Abandoned" Calls - How to manage inbound calls when the entire queue is in a meeting???

Posted 05-26-2023 10:34

The fundamental problem here is that Genesys Cloud does not provide you with a way to force "treatments" onto a call when being transferred. The only way I am aware of at the moment is (assuming existing external numbers are not appropriate) to create "dummy" DIDs which you hook to Schedules / Flows and then create external contacts for the agents to use.
    What is needed is the ability to prevent direct to queue transfers as well as the ability to transfer directly to a Flow. There are a few ideas around this that you might want to look at:-
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-574
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-867
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/SSA-I-584
    HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 8.  RE: Inaccurate "Abandoned" Calls - How to manage inbound calls when the entire queue is in a meeting???

Posted 05-26-2023 13:50

Correct Paul.  The only other possibility is to write participant data to the call before getting to the agent and look for that data in the next queue using in-queue flow to treat calls what that data differently.  Like place attribute for FirstQueue and have the in-queue flow read that if set, do something different with the call like change skills or priority. 

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources