Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Agent Role able to view Admin tab

• 1.  Agent Role able to view Admin tab

Posted 07-02-2019 11:54
    Our agent role has never been able to see the Admin tab at the top of the page and then it just appeared one day. This is allowing agents to disconnect interactions they are not even on which of course is not ideal. Does anyone know why this has happened?
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Claire Martin
    Postcode Lottery Limited

• 2.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

GENESYS
    Posted 07-02-2019 12:20
    Can you give a little more detail on how agents are disconnecting calls not assigned to them? That will give me a better idea of which permissions/roles to look at.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

Posted 07-03-2019 09:55
    ​I also noticed this the other day.  However, the only thing that was available to the agent on the Admin tab was Social Channel Management - Listen.  And then if you click on "Listen" it took you to "My Performance".  I opened up a ticket with support so that their DEVOPS team can investigate.  What's weird is - I don't even have Social Channel Management - Listen in my Admin menu.

Brenda
    Global PureCloud System Owner

• 4.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

Posted 07-04-2019 01:20
    Yeah i noticed the same today when provisioning a business user.
    I had recreate a new role and remove the admin capability for "Disconnect Interactions" and also noticed that the People permission appears, while trying to remove that from agents it would allow an agent to change another users profile.

It came up under the communicate user role i noticed otherwise its a base permission in employee

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 5.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

GENESYS
    Posted 07-05-2019 11:40
    I can't find those permissions in the default settings for the employee role or the Communicate User role.

For example, here are the default permissions for the Communicate User role:

Have you tried going into Roles and Permissions, clicking on the Communicate User role and then seeing if the Restore Default Role button is un-greyed? If so, then the role does not have the default permissions. If you click the button it will show you a list of the ones that it will remove if you accept, and any it would add, to get back to the defaults.

Same for employee

I go through and check Restore Default Role every few weeks just to see if something has changed.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

Posted 07-17-2019 01:03
    Hi all, 

Is this issue still being investigated? Our Agents also now have the Admin button appear with the People option. From there they can access other users profiles.

In Roles and Permissions->Communicate-User, the Restore Default Role button is greyed out. 

How do we remove the Admin tab from PureCloud for agents?

Regards,

Sam.

Sam Mitchell

• 7.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

GENESYS
    Posted 07-17-2019 12:44
    Neither the employee role nor the Communicate - User role adds the Admin menu with default permissions.

The PureCloud  User role adds the Admin menu, but only shows Listen under Social Channel Management (and doesn't allow them to actually access anything in that view).

So, those three base default roles do not cause the behavior you are seeing with default settings. Check employee and PureCloud User (used to be named Engage User if yourorg is old enough) to see if Restore Default Role is un-grayed.

If you have other roles assigned to the agents, you'll have to dig through and figure out what is doing it.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 8.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

Posted 07-18-2019 12:29
    Haven't tested this lately, but we had to assign agents the integrations->actions->View permission (in addition to Execute) for them to be able to execute an integration. This gives them the Admin tab.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 9.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

Posted 07-19-2019 10:16
    My users see this view as well but every time we try to remove an access to figure out a way to hide this from them, they would lose something essential that they needed (see scripts) Any thoughts?

Ly Tran
    Cardinal Health 5, LLC

• 10.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

GENESYS
    Posted 07-19-2019 10:44
    I am sorry, but you will need to give more explanation/detail regarding what you mean by "see scripts".

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 11.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

Posted 07-19-2019 13:42
    Hi. They can see scripts when on queue working on a campaign. If there is an exact permission I can remove for them to not see any of these options, please let me know. When i first had this issue a few years ago, Genesys told me to test out permissions one by one but that is really not efficient.

Ly Tran
    Cardinal Health 5, LLC

• 12.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

GENESYS
    Posted 07-19-2019 13:46
    Sorry, but you have not yet defined "see scripts".

The PureCloud User (for older orgs Engage User) role with default permissions allows an agent to receive the script associated with a campaign call, and does not grant the Admin right you show in your screenshot. So, I am not sure what more you are looking for.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 13.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

Posted 07-19-2019 15:35

See scripts meaning when they are on queue, and they get a call from a campaign that we have turned on, they will see the scripts that we created for that queue/campaign in the view below. 
    I agree the Purecloud User (Engage User) shouldn't see it, but they do. Do you know where I can find the permissions to disable this in their view to hide it? I wouldn't know which permission level to uncheck without going down the list one by one. 

Ly Tran
    Cardinal Health 5, LLC

• 14.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

GENESYS
    Posted 07-19-2019 15:44
    Open the Role and click the Restore Default Role button at the bottom. That will show you a list of all the permissions which would be Removed if you apply the changes, and which ones will be Added in order to make the role match the default settings.

Go down through the list of those which would be removed to see if you have any of the Scrpt permissions enabled (instead of just the Published Script permissions).

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 15.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

Posted 07-22-2019 04:17

Thanks George, that worked!

Claire Martin

IT Ops Team Leader | People's Postcode Lottery

Phone: 0131 322 9404

Mobile: 07748171517

https://www.postcodelottery.co.uk/uploads/media/default/0001/06/b3683d1ad13d9be398c70d7c4b339d41275e2eff.png https://www.postcodelottery.co.uk/uploads/media/default/0001/06/a5611588d3cff828ec9290a6963ce00271ac907a.png https://www.postcodelottery.co.uk/uploads/media/default/0001/06/baeb097b186885ef7a920e11355419e6fbc5637b.png

Company reg nr: 04862732 VAT reg nr: 848 316507 Registered office: Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4BD, United Kingdom. Trading address: 28 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh, EH2 4ET.

Postcode Lottery Limited is regulated by the Gambling Commission under licences number: 000-000829-N-102511 and Number: 000-000829-R-102513

The contents of this e-mail may be confidential and privileged. If you receive it in error, please delete it and contact us. 

Consider our planet and its people – think before you print.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this email is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. Please note that neither People's Postcode Lottery Limited nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).

• 16.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

GENESYS
    Posted 07-22-2019 09:59
    Cool. I like it when something works :-)

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 17.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

Posted 08-19-2022 09:20
    Hello community,

I know this an old topic but I am facing the same issue.

I am not able to hide the Admin tab for agents. 
    Even by assigning the employee basic role, agents can see the feature Live Now under Predictive Engagement, thus Admin tab...

I already restored default role as it was recommended above, but unfortunately it didn't work.

Why we can see Predicitive Engagement knowing that we are not using it in our org (no subscription).

Any ideas ?

Kind Regards,

Charaf

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    Mentat Conseil SAS

• 18.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

Posted 08-19-2022 09:41
    After some troubleshooting, I finally found what making the Admin tab re-appear again..
    I copied the employee default role, then I unchecked the permissions related to External Contacts > Contact > All Permissions

once I unchecked these permissions, the admin tab disappeared.

So, my question is what is the relation or dependancy between the External Contcats sections and the Live now ?
    Is this a bug ? 

In our case, we have bunch of external contacts that we would like agents to have full access to. But it seems complicated to keep this view and hide Admin tab.

Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance for your clarification.

Kind Regards,

Charaf

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    Mentat Conseil SAS

• 19.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

GENESYS
    Posted 08-19-2022 10:35
    This has been reported to Support and a SERVOPS has been opened. Anyone who would like to keep track of the issue and be informed when a fix goes out should open a Support ticket and ask that it be attached to SERVOPS-30708.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 20.  RE: Agent Role able to view Admin tab

Posted 08-26-2022 05:52
    Thank you George for the update.
    I have already opened a ticket and Care confirmed a fix will be released next week :)

However I have found another issue/bug:

The section called Employee Engagement/My Development under Performance/Workspace is also always showing.
    I created a custom role with one permission Directory > User > view and even with this restricted role I still can see My development section for the agents.

Knowing that according to the Resource Center none of these permissions are added

• Learning > Assignment > View
    • Coaching > Appointment > View
    • UI > Supervisor Agent Details > View

(https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/agent-development-detail-view/)

I am just wondering why Directory > User > view is triggering the My Development view.

Are you experiencing the same behavior if you replicate the same config ?

Kind Regards,

Charaf

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    Mentat Conseil SAS

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources