Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

How to access call recordings older than 18 months

• 1.  How to access call recordings older than 18 months

Posted 04-14-2022 04:05
    Hi

We have several financial services customers who would like to implement Genesys Cloud but need to retain recordings for 7 years. My understanding is that Genesys Cloud CX allows access to recordings through the Interactions View for 18 months, after which you have the option to write your own search and retrieval software using the APIs (which is far from ideal) but that even that approach only works for 5 years, after which the recordings would have to be exported to AWS S3 for storage and more software would have to be written to search and retrieve them from S3 (leaving the customer with three separate interfaces, one polished Genesys experience and two bespoke UIs).

Is there a better solution for this?

Many thanks, Paul
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Paul Cox
    Maintel Europe Limited

• 2.  RE: How to access call recordings older than 18 months

Posted 05-09-2022 14:09

Hi Paul, 

We have an issue at the moment, and i wondered if you could point me in the direction of anything you've seen that illustrates that point?
    We've been a Genesys customer for 4+ Years and have always been able to access interactions via web, from more than 18 months.

We've had no contact from a CSM, and the release notes don't flag any changes in that area.
    Thanks

Richard

Thanks,Richard

• 3.  RE: How to access call recordings older than 18 months

Posted 05-09-2022 15:14
    Take a look at
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/faqs/how-far-back-can-i-go-to-view-historical-data-in-the-genesys-cloud-performance-views/
    We have been whitelisting organisations to allow them to get access to their recordings.

Brian Allison
    Spark NZ Trading

• 4.  RE: How to access call recordings older than 18 months

Posted 05-09-2022 15:22

We had a similar issue back in 2019, and they told us that they had whitelisted us, and if we wanted anything older we had to request it.
    Guess they were moving it to Glacier storage.
    Now searching via the web, and API, the interactions cannot be found, let alone retrieved via normal methods.

Thanks,Richard

• 5.  RE: How to access call recordings older than 18 months

Posted 05-09-2022 15:27
    And i'd love to see the comms where they updated that FAQ from :

Thanks,Richard

• 6.  RE: How to access call recordings older than 18 months

Posted 05-13-2022 05:12

Small update for the community

Even though whitelisted they seem to have started pruning us.

Tech confirmed it, then told us to talk to a CSM.

After a day of trying to get hold of someone in the UK, CSM or otherwise, emailing every old CSM i've had, and has now left the company, and emailing the EMEAIgniteCSM address, and trying to get some response via their twitter, i've finally found some people that are attempting to rectify the situation.

3 days down the road and i still seem to be in the same place, although at least it seems they are trying.

I urge anyone to make sure they're whitelisted on a yearly basis, as we had no notice that they would be doing this.

I urge anyone, if only for a tertiary backup, to get an API link to an S3 bucket. That's what i'm now going to kick-off, as it's too risky to trust Genesys with the recordings, even if you have a contractual agreement/GDPR whitelist, etc.

Fingers Crossed from here!

Thanks,Richard

• 7.  RE: How to access call recordings older than 18 months

GENESYS
    Posted 05-16-2022 12:07
    Hi Richard,

I would be interested in following up with your case.  Please reach out to me directly and perhaps I can help you reach the right folks in the Analytics team.

As described in https://help.mypurecloud.com/faqs/how-far-back-can-i-go-to-view-historical-data-in-the-genesys-cloud-performance-views/ which was also mentioned above, there are 2 thresholds: 1) 558 days which can be overcome via whitelisting, and 2) 1827​ days which has no workarounds.  Note that the recordings can still be in stored in Genesys Cloud for beyond 5 years, but the interaction becomes unsearchable after 5 years.  Therefore, you would be required to know the Interaction ID to retrieve the aged recording that you are looking for -- whether that comes from a reference in an existing 3rd-party system (e.g. through a Case) that you can perform searches from, or you have managed to build your own index & search using prior data export from Genesys Cloud.

We are aware that some of our customers require search & retrieval of recordings beyond 1.5 years and also 5 years, and are working on short term ang long term plans to address them.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 8.  RE: How to access call recordings older than 18 months

Posted 05-17-2022 04:36
    We also have a number of customers who needs to legally retain the data for minimum of 7 years and the general messaging has been that data is kept for the duration of their Genesys contract. A lot of customers are also writing data to participant attributes hence imagine their surprise when told that they can only see that data for last 60 days and if they need to see data beyond that, they need to use the jobs endpoint to do an export.

It would be great if Genesys has a better data strategy that meets the needs to customers instead of expiring them and have them look for alternate solutions to retrieve it.

anish

• 9.  RE: How to access call recordings older than 18 months

Posted 05-18-2022 15:26
    Daniel, do the recording API's still work beyond 5 years where you can specify a date range to export to an S3 bucket such as the below?

[POST /api/v2/recording/jobs](https://developer.genesys.cloud/analyticsdatamanagement/recording/#post-api-v2-recording-jobs)

Charles Skowron

• 10.  RE: How to access call recordings older than 18 months

Posted 05-19-2022 09:33

From what i can see, no.

If you happen to have the interaction ID in another system, you can query that via API batch post and get, to get the recording link. The go and get the recording.

If you rely on the call database to find that interaction iD, from a date/time/number/agent perspective, you can't search over 5 years.

So if you're nearing 5 years, and havent backed up your call data/analytics to a seperate DB that you own, you need to start that project quickly.

IMO, Genesys' "get-out" here is that they haven't "deleted" any data, they've just hidden it from view due to database constraints.

There might be a "services not as described" piece, but they've changed the FAQ, and even if they have broken contract, the answer would be the option of early termination, which still doesn't really help matters..

Thanks,Richard

• 11.  RE: How to access call recordings older than 18 months

Posted 05-26-2022 07:23
    Hi! Does mentioned approached and limits apply also for archived recordings? If we have somewhere else Interaction ID - will it be possible to get recordings that are older than 5 years (first by restoring them, and afterwards - downloading)?

Armands Bunkovskis
    Adventus Solutions Sia

• 12.  RE: How to access call recordings older than 18 months

GENESYS
    Posted 05-26-2022 10:48
    Hi Armands,
    Yes, the search limits apply also for archived recordings as well.  I haven't tried specifically to restore archived recordings that are aged beyond 5 years, but I am fairly confident that it would work.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources