Genesys Cloud - Main

Β View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  πŸ“£ Authenticated Web Messaging - Beta Release πŸš€

GENESYS
    Posted 12-08-2021 08:34
    Hello Genesys Cloud CX Community πŸ‘‹
    We are excited to announce Beta release for Authenticated Web Messaging. You can find more details on how it works and benefits here: About web messaging - Genesys Cloud Resource Center
    This feature enables three core benefits:
    1. Reserve access to end-users that authenticate (sign-in) with the brand.
    2. Authenticated end-users can resume their conversation across browsers & devices: anywhere they sign-in to the brand, the conversation will follow.
    3. Collect authenticated identity attributes (primarily validate name and ID) that can be used to refine your business logic.

Note that this feature relies on an open standard for identity validation, known as OpenID Connect, supported by a vast number of Identity & Authentication providers and services: please check documentation above for more details. If you are interested to join the Beta program don't hesitate to reach out to your local Genesys representative: we are happy to have you on-board.

Thanks!
    Angelo

#DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: πŸ“£ Authenticated Web Messaging - Beta Release πŸš€

Posted 04-09-2022 20:19
    We have recently enrolled for this Beta. We have added the OpenID integration with Azure as our authentication server. I are trying to use messenger with Authenticated chat. we have gotten to a point where we complete the authentication process. However, the chat box wont launch. Is there an example code you may have for Azure + OpenID for web messenger? I remember seeing something for OKTA.

Thanks,
    Jag Vedakumar
    Deloitte
    https://www.deloitte.com/about/

• 3.  RE: πŸ“£ Authenticated Web Messaging - Beta Release πŸš€

GENESYS
    Posted 04-10-2022 10:52
    Hello πŸ‘‹
    We don't have a specific Azure integration blueprint, but integration steps would be similar as with Okta.

Can you share any error from end-user's browser's console log? You might see error when your page sends the POST /api/v2/webdeployments/token/oauthcodegrantjwtexchange

Couple of items to double-check:
    1. Ensure that you are requesting the all the suggested 'scopes' (this is typically requested from the web page): 'openid', 'profile', 'email', 'offline_access'
    2. Looking at Azure AD documentation for the Authorization Code Flow, it looks like the code_challenge may be 'required' in some cases: if that's the case, you can try to pass that to, as we recently added a 'codeVerifier' for PKCE support, in both Guest API and Messenger JS SDK.
    Keep us posted, hope it helps.

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: πŸ“£ Authenticated Web Messaging - Beta Release πŸš€

Posted 04-26-2022 08:24
    Hello Angelo,

Attached the screenshot of the browser console. Please advise if you need .js for review.

C B S Vamsi Krishna
    Deloitte Global Services Limited

• 5.  RE: πŸ“£ Authenticated Web Messaging - Beta Release πŸš€

GENESYS
    Posted 04-26-2022 10:02
    Hi Vamsi - this could possibly be related to my previous message (so how Genesys Cloud and your 3rd party Auth provider integrate).
    If that doesn't solve, I suggest raising a request with our customer support team, to better investigate.

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: πŸ“£ Authenticated Web Messaging - Beta Release πŸš€

Posted 06-29-2022 06:23
    Hi Angelo Cicchitto,

I am getting this error, could you please take a look.

Magudeeswaran Nataraj
    Hexaware Technologies Limited

• 7.  RE: πŸ“£ Authenticated Web Messaging - Beta Release πŸš€

GENESYS
    Posted 06-29-2022 06:34
    Hi Magudeeswaran.
    I provided some common pitfalls in my previous messages, I suggest to check:
    • proper "scopes" are in place
    • "redirectUri" should be configured in both client request and 3rd party server with the same values
    If still struggling, please raise a request with Genesys Support to help debug.

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: πŸ“£ Authenticated Web Messaging - Beta Release πŸš€

Posted 07-04-2022 09:24
    Hi Angelo Cicchitto,

Thanks for your reply, I have implemented Authentication in web messenger successfully with Okta. I am able to get only user name in Architect flow from this variable 

Message.Message.senderAddressInfo.name

But I need more custom data about user like customer id, customer email, phone number etc...How can I get this data in Architect flow after authentication.

Thank you,
    Magudeeswaran

Magudeeswaran Nataraj
    Hexaware Technologies Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources