Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Modifying prompts without having to re-publish the Inbound Call Flow

Posted 05-17-2022 12:55
    I am trying to configure the call flow to play an Emergency Message, if the Emergency Group is activated.  I want to give the Supervisors the ability to just access User Prompts and not the Call Flow (to prevent the possibility of someone making a change that could impact the routing).

I was informed that I could use "FindUserPrompt()" function to perform this.  I have configured the "Evaluate Schedule" to see if the message is activated and then have the Find User Prompt function next.  I configured [Find User Prompt >>User Prompt Name [configured FindUserPrompt ("Emergency_NA"), but am unsure of what needs to be in the User Prompt Result field.

After this, it is my assumption that a Play Audio command is needed to actually play the prompt.

I am very new to this and just unfamiliar enough with the call flow scripts.  We have a Lab setup so I am not impacting my production system.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    John Anaya
    Amdocs Management Limited
    UC - Voice/Video Team Lead NA
    john.anaya@amdocs.com

• 2.  RE: Modifying prompts without having to re-publish the Inbound Call Flow

GENESYS
    Posted 05-17-2022 13:09
    The result field is where you decide what variable to use to save prompt that was found.  So just name it something like Task.emergencyPrompt.  Then use a play audio to play that prompt.  Also decide what to do if for some reason the user prompt could not be found, i.e. play some sort of default error message

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Modifying prompts without having to re-publish the Inbound Call Flow

Posted 05-17-2022 15:16
    Thanks so much.  This is exactly what I needed.  

For all those coming after and viewing this.  I set the Play Audio block as a Data sequence, set to the Task listed in the Find User Prompt block.  In this case "Task.emergencyPrompt".

One thing to note - the change of the audio file, via the User Prompt section is not immediately changed when you save the new recording (either audio file, or text-to-speech).  It takes about 60 seconds to update. Don't check this immediately after saving the User Prompt.  Give it a minute.

Melissa - Again.  Thanks for the help.

John Anaya
    Amdocs Management Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources