Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Azure Active Directory for Genesys Cloud SCIM

Posted 10-21-2021 01:51
    Configure Azure Active Directory for Genesys Cloud SCIM (Identity Management) - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)
    Token validate - 48hours
    I have set up this and works nicely, specially the mappings. however after 48h, I have to run again the psotman to get key needed in Azure. This is painful and no sure how can I either get a toen validate longer than 48h (1 year) or how do I get azure to update this key. So comminissioning/decom for users relaies only in add/remove users from AD groups.

This would be a massive help if someone has work it out and able to share.

regards.

EdgarPost
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Edgar Lun Pum
    DirectAsia Insurance

• 2.  RE: Azure Active Directory for Genesys Cloud SCIM

GENESYS
    Posted 10-22-2021 08:58
    Hello Edgar,

You can generate a special SCIM OAuth.  If you'll go to the link below there is a tab called "Genesys Cloud SCIM" which will allow you to create a token that is roughly 13months old.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-an-oauth-client/

Tanner Albus
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Azure Active Directory for Genesys Cloud SCIM

Posted 10-25-2021 05:45
    Edited by Edgar Pum 10-25-2021 05:45
    Hi Tanner,

Thanks for this. It did not work when updating the existing one, but when creating a new one following the link it works and for 450 days.

Much appreciated your response.

Edgar

Edgar Lun Pum
    DirectAsia Insurance

• 4.  RE: Azure Active Directory for Genesys Cloud SCIM

Posted 03-16-2022 14:53
    Thanks for this.  I hadn't realized there was a specific bit about assigning the "SCIM Integration" role to myself, so I could grant it to a net-new OAuth Client for sCIM, which would in turn bypass that 48 hour limit.  Like Edgar noted, you can't "fix" an existing OAuth client this way, only create a new one.

I think this should be specifically called out in the SCIM implementation doc, as that doc just links to the OAuth client creation doc with no specific indicator on doing so for SCIM.

• 5.  RE: Azure Active Directory for Genesys Cloud SCIM

Posted 03-16-2022 15:05
    Hi Paul, could you please go to the bottom of the page regarding SCIM on the resource centre and give feedback so they do update this?  I haven't done SCIM integraiton yet but I've seen quite a few comments from people who've found some gaps in the resource centre articles.

Vaun McCarthy

• 6.  RE: Azure Active Directory for Genesys Cloud SCIM

Posted 03-17-2023 05:00

Dear all,

it's described in the Prerequisites at https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-azure-active-directory-for-genesys-cloud-scim-identity-management/

Prerequisites

• Genesys Cloud OAuth client. For more information, see Create an OAuth client (Genesys Cloud SCIM tab).

But even setting a higher duration I get an authorization error (credentials invalid) after 90 to 180 minutes.
    Do you have any idea what the reason behind?

BR, Robert

Robert Herms
    Arvato Systems GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources