Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

After Call Work

• 1.  After Call Work

Posted 07-25-2019 15:40
    I'm looking for documentation on ACW. Would like to understand how an agent goes back to being available for interactions after a call.

The only documentation I was able to find states that the option of  "Mandatory, Time-boxed no early exit" that t the end of the time-out period they "automatically return to available status"

We are new to PureCloud and we had an agent fail to assign a wrap up code in a que where the wrap up code is optional. They failed to enter a code and the interaction stayed open for 25+ minutes.

Thanks
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Ben Marthin
    Vehicle Service Group, LLC

• 2.  RE: After Call Work

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2019 15:47
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/call-work-acw/
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-call-work-settings/

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: After Call Work

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2019 15:52
    It sounds like you were in the right area of the Resource Center:

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-call-work-settings/

If you set After Call Work to Optional or Mandatory, Discretionary it is up to the agent to close the Wrap-up dialog and make themselves available for another interaction. Those two settings have no time limit, so an agent can sit there for hours in ACW if they don't get caught.

The other two Mandatory options set an upper limit on how long they can sit in ACW before being automatically made available for another interaction. The No Early Exit forces them to sit and wait until for the time designated even if they choose a Wrap-up code before it hits the time limit.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: After Call Work

Posted 11-23-2021 11:54
    Following up on this. It seems that Optional and Mandatory, Discretionary are the same. We do not see a difference.
    When it says "agents can opt out of selecting a wrap-up code after a call", on our end they still need to wrap up the interaction, they are not able to opt out totally. 
    Are we missing something?

Louis D.

• 5.  RE: After Call Work

Posted 11-23-2021 18:24
    Edited by Paul Simpson 11-23-2021 18:25
    Ben, Louis,

I recommend you attend the Contact Center Administration class from Genesys Beyond as this is covered in that class.

If you set Optional, the Agent does not have to select a Wrap-Up (and the call does not get a code at all if they don't). If you set it to Mandatory, then it will always get a Wrap-Up code.
    Mandatory Discretionary allows the agent to take as long as they want / need. In your case, Ben, that looks like what you were using with the 25-minute ACW.
    Mandatory Time-Boxed (both versions) set a limit on how long the agent has to enter the code. If they fail to do so within the time specified, the system sets an automatic code, which you can report on and then "deal with" the agents appropriately.
    The difference between "Time Boxed" and "Time Boxed No Early Exit" boils down to labor laws in your area. In the case of the former, once the interaction is wrapped up, the agent becomes available again immediately for the next call. With the latter, they still have to wait for the timer to expire, thus enforcing a break between interactions (which, as I said, you may be required to ensure happens.)

I hope that explains the differences between these 4 modes.

HTH

• 6.  RE: After Call Work

Posted 11-23-2021 18:39
    Hi Paul,

That is what I tried to explain, we set the after call work to Optional, but it does not seem to work on our end. Even though we set it to Optional, the wrap-up is still required and I do not see the option to opt out of the wrap-up during the interaction. 
    That is why I am trying to see if we are missing something. We have set the after call work to Optional for the given queue but it still ask the wrap-up anyway.

Louis D.

• 7.  RE: After Call Work

Posted 11-24-2021 13:11

I believe the user still has to "close" the interaction down, otherwise they wouldn't be able to set the Wrap-Up code, even if they wanted to, once it was over.

If you don't care about / aren't using Wrap-Up, try setting "Mandatory Time-Boxed" with the shortest time it will take. Most will get the internal code, but you don't care, right?

• 8.  RE: After Call Work

Posted 02-02-2023 02:19
    can i say "optional  or  "Discretionay" , agent MUST manually set their status back to ava when thier after call work completed ?
    time based --May set to 
    time vbased-no early  exit ---may not set to ?

garland tung
    Orange SA

• 9.  RE: After Call Work

GENESYS
    Posted 02-03-2023 09:44
    Hi everyone - I'm trying to discern what functionality you would like to see here.  (Please note - if you are not interested in the agent EVER having to wrap-up or have ACW duration - you can join our beta for 'Agent Requested' ACW which is where an agent immediately returns to IDLE (note IDLE and Available are similar but not exactly the same - IDLE definitely means on-queue and ready for the next interaction, where as Available is a presence that doesn't impact ON-QUEUE necessarily) after disconnecting an interaction.  We provide them the ability to click a button and 'request' ACW duration if they need it for a set period of time.  When the ACW period times out, the agent is pushed back to IDLE to take their next interaction.

This doesn't sound exactly like what you are looking for so I'm hoping to get some clarification.

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 10.  RE: After Call Work

Posted 02-04-2023 14:06
    I understand that the above feature is in Beta, i was was wondering, when this will be GA, thanks

Shalom Benzaquen
    Elevance Health

• 11.  RE: After Call Work

GENESYS
    Posted 02-06-2023 08:00
    We are hoping to deliver this to production this quarter, Shalom.  End of February is our current target.

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 12.  RE: After Call Work

Posted 02-09-2023 09:07
    Edited by Pete Schroeder 02-09-2023 09:07

Hello  @Chris Bohlin 

For the "New ACW Option: Agent Requested"  is there more documentation than what is in https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-337

regarding functionality?   I would like to know if this will address a use case scenario, that is frequently needed in the BPO Contact Center Space

Pete Schroeder
    HMC3 LLC
    Senior Contact Center Engineer

pete.schroeder@hmcthree.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources