Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Are you tracking, or would you like to track First Call Resolution and/or Next Call Avoidance?  If so we'd love to hear from you and get some input on product direction in this space!

GENESYS
    Posted 04-16-2021 17:11
    Hi Community - I hope you are all happy and healthy!

The analytics and AI teams are doing some research around metrics that are fairly common in the contact center (or centre for those of you across the pond!) and would like to understand a bit about if or how you use 'First Call Resolution':

1. Are you currently tracking First Call Resolution (FCR)? 
      1. If so, how are you measuring it?
    2. Would you be interested in FCR as a metric in Genesys Cloud? 
      1. If so, how would you expect 'resolution' of the interaction to be tracked?  E.g. through wrap up codes.
    3. Would you be interested in a metric which tracks whether or not a repeat contact from the same customer was received within 7 days (Next Contact Avoidance)?  
      1. If so, would you consider a customer to be a repeat contact regardless of the DNIS/queue they access? 
      2. Or are they only a repeat contact if they access the same DNIS/queue with both calls?
    4. Is this metric relevant for other media types like email or chat?

Let us know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Genesys Cloud Product Management

#Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 2.  RE: Are you tracking, or would you like to track First Call Resolution and/or Next Call Avoidance?  If so we'd love to hear from you and get some input on product direction in this space!

Posted 04-16-2021 19:26
    Edited by Vaun McCarthy 04-16-2021 19:29
    Absolutely Chris, this was near the top of the list during a meeting I had with a client executive a month ago.  

But in answer to your questions above:

1. Not currently measuring (at least not within Genesys).  Most of our customers are not syncing CRM contacts with External/Org contacts in GC, so they'd be looking at gathering, aggregating and transforming data through the Conversation/Analytics APIs into their own BI tools - PowerBI for example, or tying this all up in something like Salesforce.  
    2. Absolutely.  Wrap up code may be the easiest, but wrap up codes themselves have issues in that there's currently no way to categorise them, and they're prone to human/agent error.  I did submit an idea that would hopefully eventually be able to assign wrap up codes based on topic spotting etc so maybe that's another option here.
    3. Again, absolutely but thinking now, would this be reliant on the customers being synced into the external contacts, or could it potentially make use of something like a customer/account number retrieved from the CRM, or entered by the customer in IVR?.  There'll be other views out there but for a particular org here it would be regardless of the DNIS/queue called.  It's still very possible for a customer to end up going through multiple queues even for the same original issue/reason for call.
    4. Yes I think this should be available for all media types.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Are you tracking, or would you like to track First Call Resolution and/or Next Call Avoidance?  If so we'd love to hear from you and get some input on product direction in this space!

Posted 04-17-2021 09:26
    Edited by Hichem Agrebi 04-17-2021 09:33
    This is actually a very good question.
    I see this as being a mix of :
    -Multiple wrap up codes that can be applied to the call as opposed to the old fashioned and limited 1 wrap up code: This allows the agent to add a few tags that can be categorized to cover call outcome, indicate if this is a repeat caller etc
    -Topic spotting tags
    -The possibility to add percentages or weights to each tag or tag category
    -The possibility to define a custom participant data that can be used to test the value if the topic is resolved or not. A repeat caller doesn't necessarily mean that the issue is not resolved as it could be different issues or topics. 
    -The possibility to include post call survey data to get the caller's view
    - I don't see this limited to a specific channel from an omni-channel perspective. Channels should be the least relevant.

So in summary, FCR should be based on a combination of multiple parameters with custom weighting capabilities
    • Contact parameters: repeat call or contact pattern, may be more than 2 calls in 48 hours for urgent issues, transfer (may hint to escalation)
    • Agent fed parameters: wrap up tags (please no more limitation to the 1 wrap up code)
    • Customer fed parameters: survey specific result or score of a selected question
    • CRM parameters: custom data elements retrieved from the CRM

My 2 cents
    Hichem

Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 4.  RE: Are you tracking, or would you like to track First Call Resolution and/or Next Call Avoidance?  If so we'd love to hear from you and get some input on product direction in this space!

Posted 04-18-2021 22:43
    Hi Chris,

1. We've tracked FCR using two methods:

a) Customer opinion - With a Post-call survey the post-interaction survey by asking the customer directly "Has your interaction been resolved or handled to your satisfaction" with three options to choose "Yes", "No" and "Too early to tell". The split between Yes and No results would give us an approximate FCR based on what the customer believes

b) Consultant opinion - using Multi-layered wrap codes (a customisation from our Partner that allows us to choose up to 4-levels with custom notes/tags field) where the first level/question to the consultant is to determine if the interaction was either "New or First Enquiry" or "Repeat/Multiple Enquiry" and the cause behind that. This gives us an approximate FCR based on what the consultant believes.

We have tried to use DNIS matching in the past - however it was wildly inaccurate because we get calls from companies with a single Caller ID that have multiple staff, calling about different accounts/customers - so these results were always skewed.

2. FCR would be an interesting metric to track in Genesys Cloud, and I actually could see it being measured a few different ways:
    a) ability to assign a Survey question that is specific to FCR (like how NPS is a defined survey question and metric)
    b) using Wrap-Codes - but the out-of-the-box solution with only a 'single' wrap code would not be sufficient and would need improvement

3. A metric that is able to automatically calculate Repeat Contacts would be handy - and would be good to be a separate metric from actual 'FCR". But as mentioned earlier, there would need to be some way to filter/evaluate the DNIS to ensure an accurate response. 
    I.e. if the DNIS belongs to an External Contact organisation/company - maybe the option to exclude the specific company or companies all together?
    Or at least be able to filter the metric by Individual or Organisations (if there was a profile match)?
    Repeat contacts even during the same day or same interval would be a good alerting metric as well (i.e. if number calls x times in x time period, alert) as this has been an indicator of trouble callers constantly calling back.

4. Yes I believe it should be available across all media types - same as NPS.

I believe an improvement to Wrap Codes could help with capturing this information from a consultant level, such as:
    - the ability to select more than one wrap code per interaction
    - ability to layer wrap codes based on first selection.

I would also see the benefit of using 'Agent Tags' on an interaction as a benefit as well
    - tag using a pre-defined list per queue
    - suggest tags based on Analytic keyword spotting (i.e. like a word cloud?)
    - if permissions allow, ability to create a new tag to match the enquiry

Jeff

• 5.  RE: Are you tracking, or would you like to track First Call Resolution and/or Next Call Avoidance?  If so we'd love to hear from you and get some input on product direction in this space!

Posted 04-19-2021 17:42
    Thanks Chris, 

Yes this would be highly valuable for our organization. I have worked for other organizations that have managed this a number of ways through surveying customers, and through custom tools for staff to select drop down options to measure FCR and another using metrics to try 

1. Are you currently tracking First Call Resolution (FCR)? 
    We aren't currently tracking FCR in our organisation apart from through NSP surveys, which due to the small percentage of customer responses isn't as helpful as we would hope. But conversations are under way on how we can track this to start making improvements on removing error calls. 

2. Would you be interested in FCR as a metric in Genesys Cloud? 
      1. If so, how would you expect 'resolution' of the interaction to be tracked?  E.g. through wrap up codes.
    Yes absolutely something we are keen on. We would see it being tracked through a number of methods. Wrap-up code improvement to allow multiple selections would be extremely helpful in trying to track this. Having easier was to identify and track repeat callers into the organisation would also help to measure the success of any changes or to back up the story the wrap-up codes is telling us.

3. Would you be interested in a metric which tracks whether or not a repeat contact from the same customer was received within 7 days (Next Contact Avoidance)?  
      1. If so, would you consider a customer to be a repeat contact regardless of the DNIS/queue they access?  - We use open Navigation type routing, so we would see a repeat caller based on either the phone number the customer is calling on or even better their unique customer ID when they make contact, regardless of the queue or DNIS they dial. As the industry move towards distributed workforce I think regardless of where the customer calls into, they have had to contact the company more than once and we would want to track that
    1. 4. Is this metric relevant for other media types like email or chat?
    Yes I think having this option across all media types will be powerful. We often see when our traditional voice channels are overloaded that they move to other channels to contact us, email or chat so having a tracker on these media types as well will ensure we are able to measure FCR

Waati Manukonga
    KiwiBank

• 6.  RE: Are you tracking, or would you like to track First Call Resolution and/or Next Call Avoidance?  If so we'd love to hear from you and get some input on product direction in this space!

Posted 10-06-2022 16:29

Hello Chris, 

So, getting back to that post 1 year back, is there currently? a better out-of-the-box method to measure FCR in Genesys Cloud of not?

Moataz Lasheen
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources