Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  External storage of email interactions

Posted 08-29-2019 09:46
    Hi,

I have a question regarding email interactions, the customer ask me if it is possible to store or export them to another storage area rather than cloud

If yes, can we save the email interaction (in our PC for example) as pdf or other format ?

May be is possible through API 

Any idea ?

Thank you in advance.
    #Integrations
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Oudderhem Mostafa

• 2.  RE: External storage of email interactions

GENESYS
    Posted 08-29-2019 09:50
    What is the reason or purpose behind the customer request? 

In the simplest form, I'd say just use Architect to handle the incoming emails and add a CC or BCC to every message, and have the agents Reply All, and that way they will be stored on an external email server in the designated CC/BCC mailboxes.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: External storage of email interactions

Posted 08-29-2019 09:59
    Hi George,

Thanks for your reply, the reason behind this request, is to store the entire completed email interaction and put it on another internal tool used by customer for archieving 
    With Architect, is good idea, but what about API, is there way to do some developpement for this needs ?

Thank you.

Oudderhem Mostafa
    Coverage-Communication

• 4.  RE: External storage of email interactions

GENESYS
    Posted 08-29-2019 10:19
    Edited by George Ganahl 08-29-2019 10:20
    If you want to go the API route, you would be best to post the question in the developer forum at https://developer.mypurecloud.com.

I think it would be pretty difficult, if not impossible, to achieve that export of the email since you have to use the ConversationId to get the individual MessageIds, and pull back all those individual messages and convert the JSON to whatever format you want to store.

To me, it is better to tell the customer, "You purchased a cloud-based solution that has archiving of emails built in. You should utilize the features of what you purchased rather than trying to figure out a way to go back to your older functionality." :-)
    George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: External storage of email interactions

Posted 08-30-2019 05:48
    That's a tough one.  Some customers may have invested in another email system (Oracle Service Cloud for example), and may have to actually retain email in that for a lengthy period of time.  So even though they've purchased PureCloud, unless we can do the reverse and find a way to IMPORT stuff into PureCloud, I think there's potentially always going to be some customers who will still need to hang on to their older stuff and essentially maintain two environments.  Because of that and that they'll have staff who are familiar with their "old" tool, they'll probably look at having stuff go into that too as an "easy" approach for some of their admin staff (but realistically harder).

Vaun McCarthy
    Dimension Data New Zealand Ltd.

• 6.  RE: External storage of email interactions

GENESYS
    Posted 06-28-2022 16:01

Old thread...popped up as I was searching for something else...

The answer these days is to record the emails and upload the recording to S3 storage, where the customer then has their own copy and can keep them even if they decide to leave Genesys Cloud.

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources