Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

GC Desktop App / System Freezing

• 1.  GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 04-27-2022 08:52
    Hello!

We're starting to receive complaints about Windows systems freezing if an agent has an active email interaction and a voice call is delivered.  Unsure if this is a recent Microsoft patch or something GC related at this point.  The only common denominator is that these are new agents hired on board.  Very possible it's a Windows issue, but curious to know if others are or have experienced the same.  We're slowly deploying the updated GC desktop app, but we're seeing this issue on last release as well as new release.

On the new version of GC Desktop App, we see CPU utilization at 27-30% and 1GB of memory utilization when an agent has a voice and email interaction at the same time.  If we drop the voice call, CPU drops down to <10% and memory hovers around 730mb.  Still working to determine if it's a system instability problem or application related.  Most systems are 3 yrs old, 8GB of memory and Core i5 - i7 CPU's.

Only Email:

Email and Voice:

Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions!
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Steve Parsons
    BCD TRAVEL S.A.

• 2.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 04-28-2022 03:25
    Edited by Jeff Hoogkamer 04-28-2022 03:27

Hi Steve,

We've noticed since going live with Genesys Cloud that the desktop application will occasionally freeze, refresh or just simply close without warning.

In these scenarios, an error will appear in the Windows Event Viewer as either an 'Application Error' (when it just refreshes/freezes), or a '.NET Runtime' error (when it also closes)

According to the Microsoft .NET documentation, there are two common unmanaged SHE exceptions, either Out of Memory, or Access Violation

As the Genesys Cloud desktop application is only a 32-bit process - standard 32-bit applications (that aren't Large Address Aware) have a maximum memory limit of 2GB, and within a .NET application this limit is known to be around 1.2GB and 1.3GB (http://graphicdna.blogspot.com/2012/10/memory-limits-in-net-process.html)

So  keeping Task Manager running beside my Genesys Cloud instance whilst I was performing maintenance work in the Phone Management section - I noticed that one of the GenesysCloud.exe processes was continuously increasing in Memory utilisation.

As soon as it reached over 1200 MB of Memory utilisation, the application started freezing and showing the loading symbol, before completely refreshing and reloading the entire desktop application

We have been seeing this behaviour since desktop version 2.6.622 and every version up to the latest. This is on Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 and 20H1, across many different PC's (namely 6th gen i5 and 8GB RAM). 

We are also seeing memory utilisation issues in the Web-app version on Google Chrome. Even this 64-bit process with 16GB local memory eventually gets to a point where it just goes 'Aw, Snap' with an Out of Memory error.

Task Manager shows Google Chrome (which was only running Genesys Cloud at the time) was up to 5.1GB memory total utilisation at this point.

At this point, I believe there is something happening around memory management or a conflict with the Chrome or the Chromium framework (that the Desktop version uses) that's just chewing through memory, slowing down the interface until it reaches an unhandled exception event.

Would be interested if those using the Mac version of the Desktop Application or Web Application are seeing similar behaviour.

Jeff

• 3.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 04-28-2022 11:06
    Thanks Jeff.  Very informative.  We are not seeing application errors and no 1026 events.  Nor do we see memory issues on the systems.  And I spoke in error about current config.  The machines are all brand new and have 16gb of memory.  We're still chasing ghosts on this one today and the fact remains that this only happens when an agent is working an email interaction and then a voice interaction is delievered.  Gathering more data and will report back.

Thank you!

Steve Parsons
    BCD TRAVEL S.A.

• 4.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 05-17-2022 12:46
    We're still seeing this issue on a small handful of new systems and it is only occuring when an agent has an email interaction they are working on and a voice interactions is delivered to them while using the Genesys Desktop App.  For those having the issue, it is easily replicated.  Voice interaction comes in and within 30-45 seconds, the system freezes and the call is dropped.  Zero windows event logs created.

Steve Parsons
    BCD TRAVEL S.A.

• 5.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 05-26-2022 09:19
    Are you guys still having issues with this?  We are experiencing similar issues, although I haven't been able to confirm that agents are in an email interaction and taking a voice interaction when it happens.

Josiah Bown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 6.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 05-26-2022 09:26

Yes, we are still experiencing this issue.  To the point we can create it at will by having an agent with an email interaction take an inbound call or make an outbound call from the queue.  No help yet from Genesys.  After they looked at our logs they said, "You have a network issue as it's losing connection".  Well yea, that happens during a system freeze….I'd be very interested to know if you can create this at will also.  If you're using screen recording, you should be able to backtrack the issue.

Steve Parsons
    BCD TRAVEL S.A.

• 7.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 05-27-2022 12:37
    I'm able to recreate the issue as well.  However, occasionally my steps to recreate are a bit different.  With an active email interaction, I can make a call out, disconnect the call but don't select a wrap-up code, then make a second call while the first wrap-up timer is still ticking, doing that it drops the call and freezes after about 10-15 seconds every time.  I was able to recreate it with one call several times but it didn't always fail with just one call.

We updated to the newest release today (Released 5/25) and still having the same issues.

Josiah Bown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 8.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 06-03-2022 16:22
    Are you still experiencing the freezing issue?  Our issue seems to be way worse today than it has been.

Out of curiosity, what region are you guys in?  We are US West

Josiah Bown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 9.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 06-03-2022 16:25
    Yes still a problem.  Moved impacted users to web vs app to stop it. Us East

• 10.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 06-03-2022 16:36
    We did the same thing earlier this week but today users are having a lot of issues with the browser crashing.

Josiah Bown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 11.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 06-20-2022 09:57
    Hi Steve - Not sure if you've heard anything from Genesys but, for us, the issue was with screen recording multiple interactions at a time.  I turned off screen recordings for email interactions and everything has been running normally for the last few days.  Here is what I received from Genesys:  

So the most common cause for app crashing/freezing is local computer problems, as in the CPU or Memory is being used at or near 100% and the application crashes due to this. To be able to monitor the memory usage closely. Could you please ask an affected user to open task manager and monitor the CPU and Memory % usage when the issue happens. If either are maxing out, that is the likely culprit.

The other thing is there is one known issue with the application crashing due to multiple screen recordings happening at the same time which we've seen more cases come in recently. From the last sample there were two concurrent interaction, one call and one email. However, both interactions had two screens that were being recorded.

Right now what I would have them do is open task manager to monitor the CPU and Memory % usage and confirm if it spikes or maxes out when the app crashes/freezes.

Seems to me the correct next step would've been to suggest turning off screen recording on one interaction type instead of pointing back at our hardware.....

Josiah Bown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 12.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 06-20-2022 10:51
    Hi Josiah,

This is promising news and does make sense.  All of our impacted users are on newer equipment.  With our vendor last week, we moved one of the agents back to the Desktop App in order to gather logs for Genesys, but after an hour, could not replicate the freeze....and for the rest of the week, she reported no freezing events.  No changes made to the systems, so we're moving over a couple more today.  All brand new computers, latest gen CPU's and 16gb of memory.  Would hate to turn off recording for a media type though for sure.

Steve Parsons
    BCD TRAVEL S.A.

• 13.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 08-09-2022 16:00
    We are having the exact same issue.  We moved over from PureConnect to Cloud late last year and have had reports of such freezing early into the Jan-March when an agent is presented with multiple interactions.  We rolled out new devices for everyone and noticing it more on the newer devices then the older computers that were running fine with our pure connect software.  

Processor 1x 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-10400T Processor(Core i5-10400T)
    Memory 1x 8GB DDR4 3200
    Hard Drive 1x 256GB PCIeNVMe
    Graphics 1x

Would love to know the resolution to this as we are running the desktop instance in aws workspaces that are not experiencing these same lags.

Christina Brooks
    TLS Connecting Voices

• 14.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 08-09-2022 18:00
    Hey Christina,

No other resolution here.  We disabled screen recordings on email interactions and it helped and then just a couple of weeks ago, BAM....more users bombing out again.  Mainly, receiving a call, placing that call on hold then dialing out.  Call connects, and can freeze the system up which drops both calls.  Sometimes email is present in agents hands, sometimes not.

Trying to get traction with Genesys as the Windows OS is not recording any log events.

Steve Parsons
    BCD TRAVEL S.A.

• 15.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 08-09-2022 19:57

Just curious as to how many monitors are you using on your machines (i.e. 2 monitors running 1920 x 1080 resolution)?

Not sure if it's related, but seems multiple monitor setups seem to have more likelihood of the freezing/crashing occurring.

Jeffrey

• 16.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 08-09-2022 22:15
    All of our stations are running dual monitors.  Both monitors 1920 x 1080 connected via display port through daisey chain

In our AWS environment they are spread across multiple screens, but because it's BYOD size and resolution may vary.  I'm not sure if it's different in a virtual desktop environment.

• 17.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 08-10-2022 08:39
    Hi Steve,

We do have this same issue happening.  From what we've seen; the freezing is caused anytime two interactions are being recorded.  It doesn't have to be an email and voice interaction.  We have several users that would make a call, disconnect, make another call without selecting a wrap-up code, then the app would freeze.

We have been working with InFlow to try and get updates from Genesys but haven't gotten anywhere yet.

Josiah Bown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 18.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 08-10-2022 06:40
    We have found that 8gb RAM is not sufficient and have been going through the process of upgrading all our agent machines to 16gb.

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 19.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 08-10-2022 08:33
    Most of our machines are 8gb RAM, however, I have been able to recreate the issue consistently on machines running 16 GB RAM.

Josiah Bown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 20.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 08-10-2022 08:37
    Edited by Steve Parsons 05-31-2023 09:48
    Ours are 16gb as well. We are looking into graphics/display aspect and will report back. 
    Steve Parsons

• 21.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 09-05-2022 20:55
    Edited by Jeff Hoogkamer 09-05-2022 20:56

Hi All,

Just wondering how everyone is going with this issue? 

We've just started experiencing this specific issue (freezing on multiple interactions) - usually whilst on an email and making a second outbound interaction (call or another email)

Looking at Task Manager and Genesys Cloud is just maxing out the CPU at 100% along with one of the processes showing 'Not Responding' - took about 5 minutes for it to clear itself.

So far it's been affecting only a few users consistently - but can't replicate it on demand.

Trying to capture logs has been difficult due to the application not responding either, but what I have been able to capture shows a possible issue at the API level for the screen recording session and the server responding with 409 (Conflict)

/platform/api/v2/recordings/screensessions/acknowledge:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 409 (Conflict)

Cheers,

Jeff

• 22.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 09-06-2022 08:53
    Hi Jeff,

We are still experiencing this issue with multiple interactions that are screen recorded.  We have disabled screen recording on email interactions and that helped.  However, we do still have the issue if an agent makes a second call before completely ending the previous interaction.

We haven't heard anything from Genesys on a potential resolution to this issue.  We have been trying to setup a meeting with Genesys to discuss but haven't had any luck.

Thanks

Josiah Bown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 23.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 09-06-2022 09:02

Same here on all counts.  We did remove Outbound call recording to see if that alleviates the issue after disabling email interaction recording.  Jury is still out on that one, it's only been a couple of days.....

Steve

• 24.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 09-06-2022 20:25
    What PC hardware is everyone using?

Something we've just come across - it seems that (mostly) only our new Lenovo M70 desktop machines are affected running Intel 10th Gen Core i5 processors.

Our older M900/910 running Intel 6th Gen Core i5 aren't showing any (or at least very, very few) issues with multiple interactions.

Both use the onboard Intel graphics, both have 8GB RAM - so maybe there is something with newer equipment?

Jeff

• 25.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 09-06-2022 20:56
    I thought a few of us posted similar scenarios. We are a Dell shop. Our older equipment has no issues. Only newer equipment in the past 3-5 months but not ALL of them. Maybe 20% having the problem.

Steve Parsons
    BCD TRAVEL S.A.

• 26.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 09-07-2022 00:38
    Thanks Steve for clarifying that you're using Dell machines and I did see your reference to "Most systems are 3 yrs old, 8GB of memory and Core i5 - i7 CPU's."

I was just curious on the specific CPU generation(s) your machines are using - as I saw Christina post her specs was also in reference to the Intel 10th Gen CPU's.

Jeff

• 27.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 09-07-2022 09:06

10th Gen Core i5's.  Specifically i5-10500T

Steve Parsons                                               

Vice President, Information Technology | BCD Travel

Chicago, Illinois  | United States

T +1 770 829 2969  x. 502969 |  F +1 770 350 1415

steve.parsons@bcdtravel.com | www.bcdtravel.com  |  @bcdtravel  |  LinkedIn

Travel smart. Achieve more.

• 28.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 09-17-2022 10:57
    After disablement of Outbound call recording two weeks ago, we have not had a single freeze/lock/crash of a system

Steve Parsons
    BCD TRAVEL S.A.

• 29.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 09-20-2022 02:41
    Has anyone had any luck getting Genesys Support to acknowledge this is more than 'network issues' or 'workstation/local issues'?

So far this community forum proved more supportive and helpful, with the only following workaround seeming to get around the issue:
    • use the web browser version (and give up screen recordings), or
    • configure screen recording to only occur once (i.e. disabling on outbound calls, emails, etc), or
    • only handle 1 interaction at a time, or
    • use older hardware (namely nothing with a 10th gen Intel processor).

Jeff

• 30.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 09-20-2022 08:37
    Hi Jeff,

Here is what I recieved from Genesys a while back....

So the most common cause for app crashing/freezing is local computer problems, as in the CPU or Memory is being used at or near 100% and the application crashes due to this. To be able to monitor the memory usage closely. Could you please ask an affected user to open task manager and monitor the CPU and Memory % usage when the issue happens. If either are maxing out, that is the likely culprit.

The other thing is there is one known issue with the application crashing due to multiple screen recordings happening at the same time which we've seen more cases come in recently. From the last sample there were two concurrent interaction, one call and one email. However, both interactions had two screens that were being recorded.

Right now what I would have them do is open task manager to monitor the CPU and Memory % usage and confirm if it spikes or maxes out when the app crashes/freezes.

They did acknowledge that there's a known issue but wanted us to monitor our hardware....

Josiah Bown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 31.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

GENESYS
    Posted 09-21-2022 08:10
    Hi all,

To provide a bit of background on the known performance issue due to multiple screen recordings happening -- we observe that when an agent handles multiple digital interactions concurrently with screen recording enabled, Genesys Cloud Desktop app repeats the video streaming of the agent's monitor(s) to Genesys Cloud for the screen recording of each interaction. This is causing some locking behaviour on the agent's desktop, when the agent is handling a handful of interactions concurrently (particularly when multiple monitors are used).

As an immediate solution, Genesys Care should now have the ability to impose a limit for you (applicable to all users in your org) of screen recording sessions that can happen at a user's desktop, when the user handles concurrent Interactions.  Setting that to a low number -- 1 or 2 for example -- will prevent massive resource spikes at the desktop due to too many screen captures happening at the same time.

We have a roadmap item (REC-I-10) on optimizing into a singular screen recording capturing at the desktop when the agent is handling concurrent digital interactions -- the delivery timeline is yet to be determined.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 32.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 09-21-2022 08:47
    Thanks Daniel.  Any thoughts as to why this is only an issue with newer generation CPU's?  Last generation, out of our entire call centers, never had this problem....and it appears others in this thread are reporting the same.

Thanks for your response

Steve Parsons
    BCD TRAVEL S.A.

• 33.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

GENESYS
    Posted 09-21-2022 15:34
    Not really.  I doubt it's the CPU, but rather maybe it's the way multi-monitors are supported in the newer machines?  Maybe different connectors (e.g. USB-C vs HDMI), maybe different connection/display drivers that causes Chromium issues when it comes to screen capturing?
    That's just speculation on my part.  I'll continue to monitor this thread to understand more data points.

Daniel Ho

• 34.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 10-08-2022 11:31
    Got it.  We don't use USB-C and our monitors never changed, nor the connection type.  Just the PC's themselves as we refresh.  So again, we unfortunately cannot record interactions for outbound calling and had to completely disable screen recording, which from a QA/QC perspective, is horrible.

I did upvote the REC-I-10, which was from March of this year.  We have a whopping 4 votes, but I see it's in an 'Accepted' state.  So while you're monitoring this thread for more data points, what is being done on the Genesys side to fork the captures?

Thanks for any feedback Daniel.

Steve Parsons
    BCD TRAVEL S.A.

• 35.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 10-10-2022 21:52

Same with us - on our desktop machines we haven't changed how they connect nor the monitors connected. 

It's also not limited to multi-monitor machines - even desktops with single displays are also affected (although usually needs at least 3-4 simultaneous interactions with screen recording to trigger) 

For example: This is just with 1 monitor connected:

Cheers,

Jeff

• 36.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 01-11-2023 21:43
    Hi Daniel

We have been advised by Genesys to vote on idea https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/TEL-I-292 can you please advise if this is required?

Thanks,
    Anthony

GuidosteenAnthony
    City of Gold Coast

• 37.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 09-20-2022 09:22

I've kicked this up to our Acct Exec a couple of weeks ago but nothing back.  Just provided your response to him as well Jeffrey...

Steve Parsons                                               

• 38.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 10-25-2022 02:07
    I've done the same with no feedback or resolution as yet.

GuidosteenAnthony
    City of Gold Coast

• 39.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 10-24-2022 02:44

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone is noticing issues on the 11th or 12th generation Intel processors?

It seems that only full desktop CPU's of our 10th gen fleet are experiencing the issue. 

Laptops with 10th and 11th generation mobile CPU's don't experience the problem (at least we haven't been able to replicate).

Cheers,

Jeff

• 40.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 10-24-2022 13:25
    The majority, if not all, of our machines are 10th gen.  We opened a new building with 100 new machines that are 10th gen.  We do have some remote offices, but I haven't been able to confirm their processors yet.  I can recreate the issue at the remote offices, so I need to confirm their processors.

Josiah Bown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 41.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 10-25-2022 00:50
    Edited by Jeff Hoogkamer 10-25-2022 00:51

Hi All,

I think I may have stumbled across a better workaround.

The machines that aren't experiencing issues all have a maximum of 8 logical processors / threads.

• i5-6500 - 4 cores, 4 threads (Desktop, 6th Gen)
    • i7-6700 - 4 cores, 8 threads (Desktop, 6th Gen)
    • i5-10310U - 4 cores, 8 threads (Laptop, 10th Gen)
    • i5-1145G7 - 4 cores, 8 threads (Laptop, 11th Gen)

The machines that are experiencing the issues have greater than 8 logical processors / threads.

• i5-10500 - 6 cores, 12 threads (Desktop, 10th Gen)

So to try out the theory that the total number of threads is the issue, I first tried setting the affinity to the GenesysCloud.exe process to 8 threads (CPU's) but this didn't make any difference.

I then tried changing the overall Processor count through Windows msconfig.exe (under Boot > Advanced options)

Set the 'Number of Processors' to a maximum of 8

After applying and restarting the affected machine, it shows only 8 logical processors in Task Manager (instead of the 12 it was previously).

I was then able to have 7 interactions running at the same time, all with screen recording active, and there was no longer any issues with the CPU going to 100%.

I've done the testing three times now, and as long as I keep the thread/processor count to 8 or under,  the issue doesn't reoccur. 

So as far as I can tell, the Genesys Cloud desktop application and screen recording is currently only compatible with a maximum 8 logical processors / threads.

We are about to get new machines with 12th gen processors - and these all have at least 10 threads on both desktop and laptop devices - so we may have to consider reducing the processor count as a temporary workaround.

Hope this helps and would be curious to know if it works as a workaround for you too.

Jeff

• 42.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 10-25-2022 02:19
    Edited by Guidosteen Anthony 12-19-2022 17:02
    Genesys should give you a prize for doing all this work and figuring out what is going wrong!

Anthony Guidosteen
    City of Gold Coast

• 43.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 10-26-2022 11:27
    Hi Jeff,

I was able to successfully test this work around.  Before making the change, the system I was working with froze 30 seconds into the second interaction.  After the change, I was able to have 8 interactions being screen recorded without an issue.  I tried it 3 times for about 10 minutes each and didn't have any issues.

Nice work finding this work around while we wait to hear of a solution from Genesys!

Thanks

Josiah Bown
    Ohio's Hospice

• 44.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 12-19-2022 17:00
    Edited by Guidosteen Anthony 12-19-2022 17:01
    Has anyone made any progress with Genesys as we are replacing all our PC's in the next month or so I am very concerned about this risk as this issue has still not been resolved?

Anthony Guidosteen
    City of Gold Coast

• 45.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 12-19-2022 17:10
    Hello Anthony, 

No, no headway on our side.  Genesys stopped responding to cases on this topic.  We unfortunately had to disable CPU cores to get it to function as others state in this thread.  So far, so good....but not how I wanted to resolve the problem.

Steve Parsons
    BCD TRAVEL S.A.

• 46.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 12-19-2022 18:31
    Thanks for getting back to me Steve, disappointing but not unexpected

GuidosteenAnthony
    City of Gold Coast

• 47.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2023 15:55
    Edited by Joshua Haga 01-03-2023 15:56

Hi Steve,

If you have an open case please have them link it to the development support ticket SERVOPS-32848. Development is aware of the issue and are able to reproduce both the issue and the work around provided by @Jeff Hoogkamer Current state of the investigation can be provided through your case.

For other customers if/when you have an open case and can validate that the work around does resolve the issue for you please also ask Genesys Product Support to link the issue to SERVOPS-32848. 

If anyone had a case that was previously closed please mention that in any new cases created with product support along with the development support reference above. 

Josh Haga
    Director - Genesys Cloud CX Development Support

• 48.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 01-11-2023 21:37
    Edited by Guidosteen Anthony 01-11-2023 21:38
    Hi Josh

Thanks for the update!

My Genesys Senior Customer Success Manager advised we should vote on this idea and that was disappointing so good to know the issue is being acknowledged as an issue by Genesys but there seems to be some confusion internally?

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/TEL-I-292

Anthony Guidosteen
    City of Gold Coast

• 49.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

GENESYS
    Posted 01-12-2023 06:41

Hi Guidosteen,

While that idea is something that does need to be looked at from a bandwidth consumption perspective it does not appear to directly pertain to the CPU issue we are investigating. As I mentioned previously the appropriate path is to open a support case and ask that it be linked to the development support ticket SERVOPS-32848. 

Joshua Haga
    Genesys - Employees

• 50.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

GENESYS
    Posted 01-12-2023 07:41
    Agree with Joshua here.  In fact, TEL-I-292 is simply a different idea, and might not help on the freezing at all.  Please follow through a defect -- which is how this is categorized -- via support case.

We have been actively investigating on the issue, and have made very good internal progress.  We seem to have located the offending code in Chromium, which is how they instruct to instantiate threads based on screen resolution and number of CPU cores.  We are in contact with Chromium maintainers on a fix.

Again, we will provide more updates through the support case when we have more to share.

Daniel Ho

• 51.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

Posted 01-11-2023 20:31
    Edited by Matt Lawson 01-12-2023 08:55
    Hi Steve

We have just received over 100 new PC's and had to slow them all down so Genesys doesn't crash a totally crazy concept but they seem to think it is acceptable as as workaround my leadership team doesn't agree and neither do I!!

The feedback from my Genesys Senior Customer Success Manager is to vote on this idea:

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/TEL-I-292

So if the customers who are having this issue want to check it out and vote that would be fantastic as we need to get this ridiculous issue resolved.

Anthony Guidosteen
    City of Gold Coast

• 52.  RE: GC Desktop App / System Freezing

GENESYS
    Posted 01-19-2023 13:36
    Edited by Brian Dupuis 01-19-2023 13:37
    Yesterday we released version 2.19.704 of the Windows desktop app that should correct the odd Chromium behavior on machines with greater than 8 logical cores. Full kudos to @Jeff Hoogkamer for this amazing bit of sleuthing! Simply incredible work, many thanks.

Brian Dupuis
    Genesys - Employees - Sr. Director, PureCloud UI

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources