Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Trunk between Genesys Cloud and Genesys Engage (on prem)

Posted 11-01-2020 03:39
    Hi guys

Have any of you had success with having a trunk configured between a customer's on premise Edges and an on premise SIP Server under Genesys Engage?

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: Trunk between Genesys Cloud and Genesys Engage (on prem)

GENESYS
    Posted 11-02-2020 10:59
    Vaun,

I've never tried setting up a SIP Trunk between Engage SIP Server and a Premise Edge, but I know that it can be done with a BYOC Cloud SIP Trunk.  So if you can't get it to connect to the Premise Edge then maybe you can use BYOC.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 3.  RE: Trunk between Genesys Cloud and Genesys Engage (on prem)

Posted 11-02-2020 14:41
    Thanks Jim, this is for a customer who's going through a migration but at this stage there's functionality in Engage that Cloud can't do so we're forced to use a hybrid architecture temporarily.  Hoping that if this works for calling, it may also support UUIData.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 4.  RE: Trunk between Genesys Cloud and Genesys Engage (on prem)

Posted 11-03-2020 11:46

Hi Vaun,
    I have configured a SIP trunk integration between on premise Edges and PureEngage SIP Servers for an Hybrid architecture and worked fine.
    So, I try to summarize the main "briks" of this integration.

On Genesys Cloud side you have to configure an External trunk pointing to the IP dders of the SIPServer (or the Virtual IP used in case of SIPServer HA configuration).
    On External Trunk configuration I have enabled UUI Passthrough under User To User Information section and configured 
    Header Type = X-User-to-User
    Header Encoding Format = Ascii
    in order to enable the usage of the Architect block "Set UUI Data" to pass custom data from Genesys cloud to PureEngage
    This External trunk has been added to each Edge interface and was configured on an Outbound Route inside the Site.

On Genesys PureEngage side the main items to consider are:
    1. configure a trunk under the SIPServer Switch pointing to each Edge with active out of service detection (oos-check and oos-force options),
    then check on SIPServer log if SIP Options are negotiated proplerly.
    2. modify the SIPServer Application options in order to add an [INVITE] section that map the SIP Headers custom sent from the Edge 
    userdata-1=x-inin-cnv
    userdata-2=x-User-To-User
    this configuration allows the SIPServer to transform those SIP Headers in AttributeUserData that can be managed by URS routing strategies (in this example you can have on PureEngage platform the info of the ConversationID and the value of the string configured as UUI Data in Architect.

In case you need to transfer call from PureEgage side to Genesys Cloud, don't forget to configure on PureEngage a mapping from T-Lib to SIP Headers in order to enable the usage of UUI Data also from SIPServer to Edge... you can also refer to this post for some hints:
    https://community.genesys.com/digestviewer29/viewthread?GroupId=19&MessageKey=2d183f99-fef8-41cd-ab6d-c91097677ba8&CommunityKey=bab95e9c-6bbe-4a13-8ade-8ec0faf733d4&tab=digestviewer

Hoping this could be useful...

Matteo Paratici
    NTT Data Italia S.p.A.

• 5.  RE: Trunk between Genesys Cloud and Genesys Engage (on prem)

Posted 05-26-2023 06:08
      |   view attached

Hi Matteo,

we are not able to stablish the connection between Edge and Sip Server using TCP... the options from Cloud doesnt apper to go out from Edge to Engage... I don't know why.... SIP server address is: 10.16.36.92 and Edge is 10.26.8.67
    Thanks in advance

David Fradejas Tomás
    Sabio Ibérica, S.A.

Attachment(s)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources