Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Proactive Monitoring of Edge Devices

Posted 08-27-2020 14:39
    This is my first post and I am new to Genesys
    Is there a way to proactively monitor Edge devices?
    Currently we use the Pure Cloud tools to view our call centers and end points.

We are notified by our agents or supervisors that calls are not being processed.
    I cannot find a Genesys tool that gives us the ability to proactive monitor outages, ideally before they happen

Is anyone using any 3rd party tools to perform this operation?

Thanks in advance
    -L
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    LeRoy Leach
    Elanco Animal Health

• 2.  RE: Proactive Monitoring of Edge Devices

Posted 08-27-2020 16:35
    Hey LeRoy, 

What we find that works for our organization is that when we notice (through users and leadership) that things may not be functioning quite right, we take a look at the status page for Genesys Cloud. 
    https://status.mypurecloud.com/

We subscribe to updates so that any identified outage gets sent directly to our email. I'm not aware of any 3rd party tools but with all the resources available and by having our Support Teams using G Cloud we are usually pretty on top of any issues that occur. You can view the Edge statistics by clicking into your Edge Devices, it does give you some info into the health of your devices :) 

Not sure if that helps! 

Kymberli O'Hagan
    Product Owner, Omni-Channel
    Alberta Motor Association

• 3.  RE: Proactive Monitoring of Edge Devices

Posted 08-28-2020 02:40
    Hello LeRoy,

As far as I'm aware there is no 3th Party tool that allows you to monitor the PureCloud environmen out-of-the-box. We've build or own solution that integrates with the PureCloud API. This solution outputs data that that is read by our Zabbix monitoring solution. We are able to monitor when an edge goes down, no calls are on specific trunks, ... all metrics that are available in the PureCloud API, we can monitor on.

Kind regards,

Dieter

Dieter Wijnen
    Telenet BVBA

• 4.  RE: Proactive Monitoring of Edge Devices

Posted 10 days ago

@Dieter Wijnen-san, Can you please let me know how is the monitoring going on with Zabbix? We are also using Zabbix for monitoring others.

Anush Shetty
    SBI Shinsei Bank, Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources