Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Ringback or hold music when trying to reach members of a Group

Posted 10-25-2019 14:08
    Edited by Henry Zambrano 10-29-2019 13:23
    In Architect there is an action called Transfer to a Group, when an inbound call is transferred using this action, the caller does not hear ringback tone or hold music while the system is trying to reach the group members.

For example if the Call Route Type of the group is Sequential and there are several group members, the system will try to reach the group members one by one and the caller will hear nothing until a member of the group answers the call.

This a really bad experience for the caller who probably will think there's a problem with the call since he doesn't hear anything and will hang up.

For this configuration we cannot set up a queue since the purpose is to transfer calls to users after-hours who are on-call for emergency issues so they won't be logged into PureCloud at that time.

I wonder if there's a workaround to reach this goal providing ringback tone or hold music to the caller.

I already talked to Genesys support and they said "That's how the system works for Transfer to Group action. What I can recommend is to create an Enhancement Request for this." Anyway I wanted to give it a try in this forum.

I also posted the idea here if you find it useful please vote: https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-695

Thanks,

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Henry Zambrano
    Powernet Global Telecommunications

• 2.  RE: Ringback or hold music when trying to reach members of a Group

GENESYS
    Posted 10-25-2019 14:55
    I don't know what is different in your Organization or configuration--in my org, I hear ringback on the external phone while calls are alerting on users in the group.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Ringback or hold music when trying to reach members of a Group

Posted 10-25-2019 15:39
    Hi George, thank you for your reply.
    I've tested in 3 different orgs and I have the same behavior (no ringback).
    Maybe your test is having the members of the group logged into PureCloud. I did that test and yes I can hear ringback while alerting the group member.

In our scenario, none of the group members are logged into PureCloud, they are alerted to their respective remote stations (remote phone) which are set as default phone for their users, that way they don't have to be logged into PureCloud.
    Why do we have it that way? Because this is like an emergency group whose members will be alerted after-hours when they are at home.

Thank you.

Henry Zambrano

• 4.  RE: Ringback or hold music when trying to reach members of a Group

GENESYS
    Posted 10-25-2019 17:14
    Unfortunately, I do not have a way to try and replicate that in my environment. 

Do you have Edges on premises? Or is this PureCloud Voice? Or BYOC?

If you have Edges, you might turn on Protocol Capture on the trunk being used to place the calls to the remote phones, reproduce the error, then download the logs and use Wireshark to read the SIP messages to see if you are getting a 180 RINGING back from the network while the Remote Phone is alerting (presuming that trunk uses UDP or TCP, not TLS).

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE CCXP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Ringback or hold music when trying to reach members of a Group

Posted 10-25-2019 17:46

To replicate the issue is easy:
    Go to Phone Management and create a phone (Base settings: Remote Station, Remote Address: an external phone number or cellphone)
    Set that phone you just created as Default Phone for the user that is member of the Group to test (this way the user does not need to be logged into PureCloud to make its phone be alerted).
    Do the same for all group members but you can do this test with a group with just one member.

On the other hand, I have tested in Orgs with PureCloud Voice and Edges on Premises and I have the same result.
    As I mentioned Genesys support confirmed that this is the expected behavior, I just wanted to bring this issue to the forum to see if someone has experienced the same and has found a workaround.

Thanks,

Henry Zambrano

• 6.  RE: Ringback or hold music when trying to reach members of a Group

Posted 10-25-2019 21:17
    Does the same happen when you use Transfer to a Number?

I think you should contact your telephony provider and check if they are able to set up a hunt group with the remote numbers.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 7.  RE: Ringback or hold music when trying to reach members of a Group

Posted 10-28-2019 11:43
    Hi, using the "Transfer to a Number" action I can hear ringback tone with no problem, that works fine. The problem is using the Transfer to a Group action in the specific scenario I mentioned.

Henry Zambrano

• 8.  RE: Ringback or hold music when trying to reach members of a Group

Posted 01-31-2023 16:40
    Henry ,
    Were you able to resolve this issue when transferring calls to a group ? I'm having the same issue , the amount of "dead air" during the call transfer to a group is confusing to callers , they think that they have been disconnected and they will hang up and call back . Having the option to "give ringback" or even play music during the transfer would be more comforting to a caller .
    Thanks !

Bart Lunn
    Workwear Outfitters

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources