Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Schedule Power Campaign

• 1.  Schedule Power Campaign

Posted 04-30-2020 06:16
    Hi All,

I'm wondering what the best way of scheduling a power campaign on PureCloud since the scheduling option is restricted with Open & End Date, unlike, CIC where you can just select the days of week and then the campaign will keep running all the time.

My scenario is that, suppose the working hours start at 9 AM and finish at 5 PM, and I want the campaign to start at 11 AM and finishes at 4 PM daily, what would be the best solution to achieve such behavior.

Thank you.
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #Outbound
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Hussein Alshamiri
    Hadef Information Technology Co.

• 2.  RE: Schedule Power Campaign

Posted 04-30-2020 09:55
    Under campaign schedule, you can based on day and time, but this will apply to one campaign at a time and is date-specific, not something like "every Monday to Friday".  It would be nice to schedule this by relative days.

The other way would be a pre-dial rule that checks the time of day and not dial outside of the 11 to 4 hours.  This would require a data action to get the current time.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Schedule Power Campaign

GENESYS
    Posted 05-01-2020 09:24
    Hi Hussein, 
    If you'd like to see campaign schedule recurrence like you've described, please vote for this idea in Aha! https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLOUT-I-179

Currently, campaign schedules allow up to 500 intervals to be scheduled for a single campaign, though of course that doesn't solve the problem of creating each of those intervals manually. A scripted solution utilizing our APIs may be a good choice if you know that your campaign will always run during the same times every week. 

I would recommend not using a rule to check the time of day, but instead utilizing a callable time set if you want to pursue a solution similar to Robert's.

Sean Carter
    Senior Software Engineer - Outbound
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Schedule Power Campaign

Posted 05-03-2020 05:16
    Edited by Hussein Alshamiri 05-03-2020 05:18
    Hi Sean, 

I have already tried the callable time set, but the campaign ended up flagging all contacts that are after 4 PM with this flag (ININ-OUTBOUND-NOT-CALLABLE-TIME) and then turned off the campaign, thus, using data action seems much convenient with my scenario to prevent the campaign from calling instead of flagging contacts.

Thank you.

• 5.  RE: Schedule Power Campaign

GENESYS
    Posted 05-04-2020 08:54

Hi Hussein, 

A call rule would have the same effect of marking all undialed contacts with a wrap-up code indicating they were skipped, specifically "ININ-OUTBOUND-RULE-SKIPPED". If you want the campaign to halt progress immediately at 4pm, and pick up where it left off the next day at 11am, with no skipped contacts, you'll need to use a campaign schedule.

Thanks,

Sean Carter
    Senior Software Engineer - Outbound
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Schedule Power Campaign

Posted 05-03-2020 05:11
    Thank you @Robert Wakefield-Carl for your in-depth feedback.  

Hussein Alshamiri
    Hadef Information Technology Co.

• 7.  RE: Schedule Power Campaign

GENESYS
    Posted 12-06-2022 05:21

Hello Hussein,

The Genesys User Experience (UX) Research team is running a study around the topic of Inbound and Outbound campaigns.

ABOUT THE STUDY:   

• Date: from December 1st to 16th
    • Type of study: video chat with one of our researchers 
    • Length: 45 minutes
    • Your reward: $75 USD or 5,000 GCAP Points, 1-2 weeks after participation

     

TO PARTICIPATE, COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW 👇

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b0b0843fa7194654aeafdde4e87a4758

If you're selected to participate, we'll email you more details about the study and set a time for your session. 

IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS:   

Email us at SponsorUserProgram@genesys.com

    

We look forward to meeting with you!  

Best,

UX Research Team

Lais Freitas
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Schedule Power Campaign

Posted 08-10-2023 19:50

Hi Lais, could you please advise what the outcome was of the study?
    We've just started Campaigns within Genesys Cloud and would be very interested to understand what issues customers are having and what's happening to address those issues.

Thank you.

Lee Smith
    Genesis Energy

• 9.  RE: Schedule Power Campaign

GENESYS
    Posted 08-22-2023 10:45

Hi Lee,

Apologies for the delayed response. 

We are currently building a skills-based outbound dialling feature. It will come in two phases:

• the first is Preview/ Progressive mode support.
    • the second will happen next year - we'll follow up with support for Power/Progressive modes.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Laís Freitas

Lais Vania Correa de Freitas
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Schedule Power Campaign

Posted 08-23-2023 15:04

Thanks Lais,

That sounds intriguing and we'll keep an eye out for it - could you please let me know the idea id for it so I can track it on the road map?

I'm not sure what you mean by skills-based but as long as we can set up a schedule once for a campaign that just keeps running on the required days of the week, we'll be happy :-)

Regards,

Lee.

Lee Smith
    Genesis Energy

• 11.  RE: Schedule Power Campaign

Posted 08-23-2023 17:35

Assuming it's the same as in PureConnect, the idea is that you can associate values in the contact list with skills. So, say you have agents who are licensed in particular states. You can give them a skill that corresponds to each state and then you map the values in a "State" column to the corresponding skills.

The system then only dials calls that correspond to the skills of the agent (and routes the calls to an appropriately skilled agent). Thus, if no agents are logged in with the skill for, say, California, it wouldn't dial any contact that are located in California and so on.

In PureConnect it was pretty neat, it's something we have been waiting for in Genesys Cloud.

It doesn't have anything to do with Scheduling though!

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 12.  RE: Schedule Power Campaign

Posted 08-23-2023 18:23

Thanks Paul, that does sound good.
    But @Lais Vania Correa de Freitas, do you have anything in the pipeline around scheduling (as per the original message in this thread)?

Regards,

Lee Smith
    Genesis Energy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources