Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Microsoft Dynamics Integration

• 1.  Microsoft Dynamics Integration

Posted 11-19-2020 08:16
    Hi Everyone!

We are trying to better understand the possibilities of integrating Genesys Cloud with Microsoft Dynamics.  Our vision would be to have a Genesys Softphone "widget" on the full Microsoft Dynamics screen.  
    I know there is an appfoundry partner that sells this integration, but I was curious if anyone has done something similar without using a third party vendor?  What options exist in this space?

Thanks!
    -Matt

#microsoftdynamics
    #CRMintegrations
    ​​
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    -Matt; Vanguard

• 2.  RE: Microsoft Dynamics Integration

Posted 02-26-2021 11:11
    Matt, 
    Did you get any traction on this?  WE are looking to do the same thing and not finding anything other than the AppFoundry partner.

Jeff

Jeff Byard
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Microsoft Dynamics Integration

Posted 01-26-2023 06:35
    I have the same question, why do we have to buy middleware?  Hasn't Genesys been integrated with dynamics 365 enough times for there to be a plug-in?

Neil Willetts
    Individual Only Contact Account

• 4.  RE: Microsoft Dynamics Integration

GENESYS
    Posted 01-27-2023 11:22
    Genesys does not offer our own productized integration to Microsoft Dynamics 365.  Instead we have worked with our partner community to build an integration to Dynamics, and many other CRM platforms, to make those offerings available via the AppFoundry.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 5.  RE: Microsoft Dynamics Integration

Posted 02-02-2023 04:47
    Thanks for that Jim.  
    Given that there are lots of Genesys systems out there and a lot of Dynamics 365 implementations you would've thought that Genesys would want to take control of the integration piece and not leave it to soft phone or other parties. Otherwise Microsoft will, and they might go into the telephony at the same time.

Neil Willetts
    Individual Only Contact Account

• 6.  RE: Microsoft Dynamics Integration

Posted 02-03-2023 12:01
    Edited by Jarrod Brooks 02-03-2023 12:02
    Hi Neil and Matthew, I just saw this post pop up on my feed​.  We have partnered with Genesys on many many deals to provide Dynamics 365 integration into Genesys cloud.  We are a strategic partner with both Microsoft and Genesys and our product is InteractionSync which is available in the app foundry.  If you wanted to reach out to me directly at jbrooks@avtex.com, I would be happy to answer any of your questions and discuss what you are looking for.

Jarrod Brooks
    Director, Product Management
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 7.  RE: Microsoft Dynamics Integration

Posted 02-03-2023 16:04
    Just out of curiosity, why don't you want Microsoft Dynamics to screen-pop inside the Genesys Agent Desktop?

Maksim Gill
    Eccentex (Customer Service Platform)
    https://www.eccentex.com/genesys

• 8.  RE: Microsoft Dynamics Integration

Posted 02-03-2023 16:13
    The CRM's (both Microsoft and Salesforce) have added response headers which prevent their website from being loaded in an iframe. You need to integrate using their API's to create a unified experience.  

Jarrod Brooks
    TTEC Digital, LLC fka Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 9.  RE: Microsoft Dynamics Integration

Posted 02-03-2023 16:19
    Interesting. Our CRM/Ticketing solution for Genesys can screen-pop and we constantly go through 3rd-party cybersecurity evaluations.
    https://appfoundry.genesys.com/filter/genesyscloud/listing/59c44a27-fb86-4806-8640-18a99c7f544f

Maksim Gill

• 10.  RE: Microsoft Dynamics Integration

Posted 02-03-2023 16:36
    I assume you are not using Dynamics as your CRM / Ticketing solution?  The issue is that Dynamics puts the headers in the response, not Genesys.  Genesys allows you to pop pages in a provided iFrame, but the web page your popping needs to allow itself to be run.  So both solutions need to be on board for that approach!

Jarrod Brooks
    TTEC Digital, LLC aka Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 11.  RE: Microsoft Dynamics Integration

Posted 02-03-2023 17:00
    We don't, but just surprised that Salesforce/Microsoft don't allow embedding at all. We had to whitelist Genesys for it to work.

Maksim Gill

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources