Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys cloud data action

Posted 05-10-2022 15:55
    Hi Guys,

i am trying to pull the all type of phone numbers   from the outbound contact list and compare with inbound ANI in order to push all values into screen pop up. can any one advise what kind of genesys data action would help to achieve this? you quick response would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Arul
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Arul ThomasAntonyPillai
    Inoria Inc.

• 2.  RE: Genesys cloud data action

Posted 05-11-2022 08:18
    Arul,
      Try using this API : /api/v2/outbound/contactlists/{contactListId}/contacts/{contactId}
    You will mostly likely need to load the contact list with the advanced options to set the unique identifiers to use the phone number.
    -Chris

Chris Martin
    CCS Medical

• 3.  RE: Genesys cloud data action

GENESYS
    Posted 05-11-2022 10:38

so the important thing to remember is the data action is just an abstraction for the API endpoint on the other end.  If there's a public API route available to handle the task you're looking to do, then you build that as a data action for use in your flow/script.  

I'm curious what it is that you're trying to accomplish?  The specific use case can help to inform what API resource might be helpful, or whether there's some additional capabilities we need to consider within our APIs.  Could you give me some more details on what you're trying to accomplish?

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Genesys cloud data action

Posted 05-11-2022 11:01
    Thank you Richard for your reply! i planning to get ANI from the inbound call then go and search that ANI  in an outbound each contact list until find the ANI and related details. Once i get those information which is related to that ANI , it will be attached to the screen pop up.
    After analysis i came to know the below API will fullfill my goal(i.e to search the ANI and give other information which is realed to that ANI from the contact list). can you pls confirm.
    /api/v2/outbound/contactlistfilters/preview
    Get a preview of the output of a contact list filter

Arul ThomasAntonyPillai
    Inoria Inc.

• 5.  RE: Genesys cloud data action

GENESYS
    Posted 05-11-2022 11:17

silly question, but where is the data for your contact list coming from?  is it a contact in a CRM (like Salesforce)?  or from a Genesys Cloud contact?  I ask, because generally going to the system of record for the contact is the recommended approach for inbound contact lookups.  

Is the only thing you're looking to do present info as part of a screenpop?  Are you trying to take an action on the campaign (like remove a contact from the campaign)?  

Basically, I'm trying to get you to expand on the use case a little to provide not only the "how", but the "what" of your desired goals.  We work really well with user stories, which are written like "as a {persona}, I want to {thing you want to do} so that {business value; how doing the thing is going to make your life better}", with a real emphasis on the business value.  That allows us to better understand how to approach what you're trying to do, and we may have some creative ideas on how to do that.  

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Genesys cloud data action

Posted 05-11-2022 13:33
    the contact list .csv file has been uploaded into genesys cloud environment. contact is not coming from sales force. The outbound calling list to search in would be determined by the DNIS.

Ex: for DNIS 123 search in Outbound list A

For DNIS 456 search in Outbound list B

The data in the table should then be attached to the call and used in an existing screen pop.

i am planning to use the data table to relate the DNIS to the outbound table to search.

Thanks
    Arul

Arul ThomasAntonyPillai
    Inoria Inc.

• 7.  RE: Genesys cloud data action

GENESYS
    Posted 05-11-2022 13:53

Another silly question, but wouldn't it be just as easy to import the campaign lists into external contacts, at which point you have prebuilt operations in Architect to do lookups?

And I'll have to point out that this question is part of why I'm asking to focus less on the "how", and more on the "why" in your question.  There's potentially a dozen different ways this could get solved, with some of them providing other potential benefits that haven't been considered yet.  Focusing on the "how" artificially limits things right from the start.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Genesys cloud data action

Posted 05-11-2022 16:19
    Thanks Richard. can you pls share more info, so that i can try in your way. currently i am using the data action to get those information and do the logic in Architect via Data table. it would be great if you explain your way solution so that i can try from my end and check my results.

Thanks
    Arul

Arul ThomasAntonyPillai
    Inoria Inc.

• 9.  RE: Genesys cloud data action

GENESYS
    Posted 05-12-2022 07:59

Information regarding external contacts can be found here: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-external-contacts/; the bottom section refers to importing via a CSV file, which is a very similar process to uploading campaign contact lists (additionally, external contacts can be managed via the APIs, removing this CSV import requirement).  

Information on searching external contacts from within Architect can be found here: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/search-external-contacts-action/; there are several architect actions related to external contacts, which can be found in the related articles from this link.  

One of the interesting benefits of utilizing external contacts for this approach is that both inbound and outbound calls to the contact can be linked to the contact record and displayed to the agent in a timeseries, providing additional context for the agent while engaging with the customer regarding the customer's history with the organization.  External contacts will also become a critical data store for more advanced features within Genesys Cloud in the future, so tying data together in this manner will provide short term benefits in making your implementation simpler, as well as longer term benefits in terms of routing/agent efficiencies and additional customer journey insights.  

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Genesys cloud data action

Posted 05-12-2022 10:40
    Thank you Richard. Appreciated ! let me try see how it works. will come back to you if i have any more information.

Arul ThomasAntonyPillai
    Inoria Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources