Genesys Cloud - Beta HQ

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Help! I'm having issues with my Beta!

GENESYS
    Posted 03-24-2022 21:43
    I recently received a question about how customers get support if they run into issues while participating in a Beta, and I wanted to address it here so the full community can benefit from the answer:

Customers experiencing critical issues and adverse impacts to their systems as a function of the feature in Beta can contact Genesys Customer Care for support or immediate removal of the feature from their production environment.  "Critical issues" here are defined as issues that adversely impact the operation of released functionality and impair the customer's ability to effectively serve their own customers.

Customers experiencing issues isolated to the function of the feature in Beta should provide feedback to the Genesys Product Managers involved via that Beta's specific feedback mechanisms (e.g., dedicated discussion forums, surveys, etc.).

Any customer wishing to deactivate a Beta may contact Genesys Customer Care to have the feature deactivated.  We ask that you also inform the Product Manager running the Beta.

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Alyssa Cox
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Help! I'm having issues with my Beta!

Posted 03-30-2022 16:32
    Hi Alyssa

Two questions:
    • If a customer has a partner like Avtex, do they still report feedback the same way as if they were with Genesys directly? 
    • If a customer has a partner and experiences issues, they will contact the partner's Support group who will then contact CARE. Can you confirm that CARE will know exactly which customers are using beta features? 
    Thanks!

Erik Skoog
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 3.  RE: Help! I'm having issues with my Beta!

GENESYS
    Posted 03-31-2022 09:57
    To extend on Sir Skoog's questions. 

Is there any sort of flag (or really anything at all) in the exposed API that displays 1) that a client has a BETA feature enabled, and 2) what that feature (or features) is/are?

If so, it would be great to get some direction.  Ideally, we could build a report to be sent to our Support and CSM groups that allow them to see their clients, that BETA features have been enabled, and what those features are.

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Help! I'm having issues with my Beta!

GENESYS
    Posted 04-01-2022 08:16
    Hey @Erik Skoog and @Trent Vance,

Thanks for the questions! Alyssa is out of office, but should be back on Monday. Wanted to let you know when you can expect an answer.

Best,

Matt​​​

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 5.  RE: Help! I'm having issues with my Beta!

GENESYS
    Posted 04-02-2022 11:07
    Our dev support team should be able to confirm if a certain org has the feature flag set to consume the beta.  Ideally, the request to enable an org for beta would include both the partner and end customer so that we all have the appropriate record.  Hope this helps and have a great rest to your weekend!

Zach Brettnacher
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Help! I'm having issues with my Beta!

GENESYS
    Posted 04-04-2022 11:09
    I've opened a ticket on the API questions.  And while I agree on the system of record, not all parties are exposed to that.  We have BETAs getting turned on for long time customers, new customers, even projects currently under implementation.  And with the latter especially, having all the project team "in the know" on what is going on with that client (who more than likely had a BETA turned on outside of the project itself) would be paramount.

Furthermore, having a report that could display all available BETA features, BETA features that are turned on/off for a client, and being able to present that to our Support team or incoming tickets or our Mgmt/CAM team for their QBRs would also be great.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources