Genesys DX (formerly Bold360)

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  API Integrations

Posted 01-18-2022 16:04
    Hello,

I am looking for the articles or tutorials on how to integrate to API's or databases. For instance if we have a customer that wants to find out how much they owe using an account number, would I use an Entity in an article to do that? 

Any leads for where to learn more would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Nicole VanWie

------------------------------
    Nicole VanWie
    State of Arizona - City of Mesa

• 2.  RE: API Integrations

Posted 01-18-2022 17:46
    More specifically - I have added 2 entities using a test API. I have a persistent custom entity to collect the parameters, and then a data source entity to get the json response, and pass the parameter from the custom entity - it appears to work when I am building the data source entity as it does appropriately pull back the JSON fields. From there  I added the data source entity to an article and attempt to test. It correctly asks for the parameter, but then it gives me the fallback message for when no entities are found. I am not sure what I am missing. 

Nicole VanWie

• 3.  RE: API Integrations

GENESYS
    Posted 01-19-2022 14:03
    Hi Nicole,

Have you checked out our developer center already?

https://developer.bold360.com/help/EN/Bold360API/Bold360API/Bold_API_Welcome_Header.html

The branding is still Bold360, but it's still accurate for the Genesys DX solution. From your example you gave, about enabling a customer to find out how much they owe based on an account number, you are right that would be an entity in an article.

If you have already reviewed the developer center though and are still having issues I'll see about roping someone in to pick their brain on why it might be giving you the fallback message you mentioned.

Anthony Romero
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: API Integrations

Posted 01-20-2022 16:11
    Thanks Anthony, I appreciate the response. After posting, I ended up getting my test to work... 

One other question - do you know of a way to tie quick button selections to an entity. For example, if I have a custom entity to collect parameters and I want to force a site visitor to select from only parameters "a", "b" and "c" to ensure they are spelled correctly before passing to my data source entity, can I somehow use quick buttons?

Nicole VanWie

• 5.  RE: API Integrations

GENESYS
    Posted 01-21-2022 11:51
    Hey Nicole!

Great question. Checking with the team, this would only be possible with a data source entity, not a custom entity.

Anthony Romero
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources