Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

AMA Extravaganza with Principal Product Manager Coty Smith

• 1.  AMA Extravaganza with Principal Product Manager Coty Smith

GENESYS
    Posted 02-01-2022 10:28
    Edited by Coty Smith 02-01-2022 10:59

Hey everyone,

To celebrate the new DX community, I'm kicking off our first Ask Me Anything (AMA) that includes a raffle prize for participating.

For the rest of the week, from February 1st to February 4th, I'll be answering your questions!

As the Principal Product Manager for Genesys DX, please don't hesitate to throw some hard questions at me. To give some inspiration on a potential question to ask, although I'll accept anything related to DX, here are some themes for the AMA days.

February 1st - Bot Shop Tuesday: chatter around AI for self-service
    February 2nd - Analytics Wednesday: talk around reporting features
    February 3rd - Thrilling Thursday: ask the questions you are afraid to ask!
    February 4th - Free-For-All Friday: what did I not cover that you want me to hit on

To participate, all you have to do is reply to this post with your question and we'll get the ball rolling.

As for the raffle, to enter all you have to do is participate in the AMA. That means lob a question my way. Once you have done that, you'll be entered into the AMA raffle. One lucky winner will receive a cheese and wine gift set!

The winner will be contacted following the conclusion of the AMA and has a week to respond accepting the gift set. In the event they don't, another winner will be picked and notified and the notification process starts again. Also, Genesys employees can't win the cheese and wine gift set (sorry all).

Looking forward to the week-long event!

------------------------------

Coty Smith

Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: AMA Extravaganza with Principal Product Manager Coty Smith

Posted 02-01-2022 11:30
    Hi Coty,

We use Context to separate out our city departments, and then add context variations for each department. Site visitors to that department's subdomain will receive the appropriate variation based on the site they access the bot from. Sharing the same knowledge base for all 26 city departments is useful. However, we find that we have radically different voices depending on which site the visitor is accessing. We see queries to some departments, like Police Department are not appropriate for other content editors, such as Library or Permitting, to view. Some of the unhandled voices state things like "My husband John Smith, was arrested last night for robbery, can you tell me if he is in your jail". Obviously, this causes privacy concerns. 

I would like to set a permanent filter on context departments so that content editors only see their own department. I am working on security, and have found that I can disable the Dashboard and Voices from an AI user. Our data team is writing API reports to create Voices reports that we can filter to the report recipient's department for content editors to see what they need to add articles for or mute. I would prefer to do this inside the application than creating a workaround process.

My questions:
    1. Can we request a roadmap feature to set up Dashboard and Voices be displayed by context values (without having to apply the filter)?
    2. Are there any API's available to mute or delete a voice? 

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Nicole VanWie
    State of Arizona - City of Mesa

• 3.  RE: AMA Extravaganza with Principal Product Manager Coty Smith

GENESYS
    Posted 02-01-2022 12:04
    Hi Nicole, thanks for your question. The workflow you described sounds good and I understand how handling the sensitivity of certain customer intents can be challenging for multiple teams working in the same environment. I agree, a filter for Voices based on context would be able to address this and will be capturing this as a product idea for our future roadmap.

To your second question; yes, voices can be entirely deleted within the Search Optimizer interface when selecting one or multiple voices. An API is also available to use for the same purpose, https://my.nanorep.com/api/doc/v1.html?internal#q=maskUserQuery.

Coty Smith
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: AMA Extravaganza with Principal Product Manager Coty Smith

Posted 02-01-2022 12:18
    Great, thank you.

Nicole VanWie

• 5.  RE: AMA Extravaganza with Principal Product Manager Coty Smith

Posted 02-01-2022 13:35
    Hello Coty,

I primarily work with the Genesys DX (bold360) AI and Agent API and would like to know...
    1. If these 2 API documents repo's currently being updated and/or worked on to consolidate them?
    2. If they are actively being worked on now is there a general ETA on a release or could you provide the current progress of such an effort?
    3. When they are consolidated will it be to an existing API documentation format/site or will a new site/format/url be used?

Thanks,
    Mike

Michael VanWie

• 6.  RE: AMA Extravaganza with Principal Product Manager Coty Smith

GENESYS
    Posted 02-01-2022 13:44
    Hi Michael! We are actively working on updating our developer documentation experience to a consolidated experience for all of our API and SDK content to be accessible centrally from the Genesys Developer Center. We are continuing to work through the plans to have a better sense of timing, but it is something that will be addressed this year.

As for format, we will be maintaining the format of the existing APIs as they currently are but new API documentation will be written in Swagger.

Coty Smith
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: AMA Extravaganza with Principal Product Manager Coty Smith

GENESYS
    Posted 02-02-2022 11:26
    Hey Everyone!

It's day two of the AMA. Today's topic is:

Analytics Wednesday: talk around reporting features

That said, feel free to ask anything related to DX that's on your mind.

Anthony Romero
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: AMA Extravaganza with Principal Product Manager Coty Smith

GENESYS
    Posted 02-03-2022 11:30
    Hi All,

It's day three of the AMA with Coty Smith.

To recap, we've already had questions on Dashboard and Voices being displayed by context values, APIs to mute or delete a voice, SEO related inquiry on search results for self-service answers, and an inquiry on the Genesys DX (bold360) AI and Agent API.

To keep things going, today's topic is "Thrilling Thursday: ask the questions you are afraid to ask!", although as before feel free to ask anything related to DX. Those questions can go in this thread or you can create a new one as well.

Anthony Romero
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: AMA Extravaganza with Principal Product Manager Coty Smith

Posted 02-03-2022 15:44
    Hi Coty,
    Here at Accenture, we have a multi-client setup (several accounts that our team are the only Admins for), how would you recommend updating the SSO configurations for Genensys DX? Currenlty each account is setup with their own SSO URL including their AID, but the instructions on the Support Center appears to be only 1 SSO config for all. 

Our main admin/support guy, Yusuff, has opened a case with the support team but there seems to be a lot of confusion on how to do this based on our situation. 
    Any light you can shed would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks & keep smiling :)

Teresa Willett
    Accenture LLP

• 10.  RE: AMA Extravaganza with Principal Product Manager Coty Smith

GENESYS
    Posted 02-03-2022 16:11
    Hi Teresa, great to see you in here! It's been a while since you and Leon were in Boston meeting our teams, I hope you are well.

At the moment, the platform has a 1:1 relationship between AID and SSO configuration so that the proper configurations can load and authenticate securely. One setting that may be helpful for you and your team's users under each of your tenant accounts is to enable the SSO override setting on your user profile. This will allow you and your team to log in with your email+password while all other users will still be required to log in with their organization's ID through the SSO log in.

This should allow you to log into any of product interfaces and use the account switcher to easier manage your tenants. I know this may not be an option for all cases, especially where SSO log in is enforced.

Coty Smith
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: AMA Extravaganza with Principal Product Manager Coty Smith

GENESYS
    Posted 02-04-2022 10:56
    Hey everyone,

Today is the final day of the AMA. Be sure to get your question in before the event is over. Today's theme, fittingly, is Free-For-All Friday: what did Coty not cover that you want him to hit on

So feel free to ask any questions you might have today on DX.

Anthony Romero
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources