PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Automate saving or conversion of logs to other formats

Posted 08-23-2016 23:18
    We'd like to dump our logs into Kibana, and so need them in something other than the ininlog bizarre binary format by default (such as JSON, CSV or XML), or be able to convert them via automation. Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

• 2.  RE: Automate saving or conversion of logs to other formats

GENESYS
    Posted 08-24-2016 12:47
    LogLion can export to various formats, and has a free trial. It's what Support uses. http://www.regallogic.com/loglion.html

• 3.  RE: Automate saving or conversion of logs to other formats

Posted 08-25-2016 16:00
    Originally posted by GGanahl;33914
    LogLion can export to various formats, and has a free trial. It's what Support uses. http://www.regallogic.com/loglion.html
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, much like the built in log viewer, it only allows export of a selection of the logs - there is no utility I can find for a straight up file conversion, just the ability to save a selection in another format (ie, not the whole log at once): [ATTACH]759[/ATTACH]

• 4.  RE: Automate saving or conversion of logs to other formats

Posted 01-09-2020 13:58
    Hi Tyler,
    Were you able to find any solution to convert the .ininlog files ? Please let me know! thanks

------------------------------
    Sahil Singla
    PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP

• 5.  RE: Automate saving or conversion of logs to other formats

Posted 01-09-2020 17:48
    There is an automation utility named Sikilix that is amazing for automating a GUI.

You could probabl;y figure out a way to have it automate an application like LogLion to open the Log(s) in question, export in sections, and then fire the exports into your repository of choice.

HTH

• 6.  RE: Automate saving or conversion of logs to other formats

Posted 01-09-2020 20:55
    Or you can just down log skim from the Genesys Site:

https://my.inin.com/products/cic/pages/logskim.aspx

Its what CaaS uses to then feed data in SPLUNK.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 7.  RE: Automate saving or conversion of logs to other formats

Posted 01-13-2020 15:09
    Hi Ryan!
    Thanks for the above information. This tool should solve my problem. However, I am unable to make it work. 
    I am getting the following error as soon as I run the logskim.exe :

"(19120|5448) init_acquire failed: Input/output error
    ACE_Malloc_T<ACE_MEM_POOL_2, ACE_LOCK, ACE_CB>::ACE_Malloc_T: No error

ErrorCode: error.i3trace.failure.sharedMemoryUnavailable
    Description: Error detected in creating/initializing memory pool.
    Hostname: CAPC0QRTBD
    Function: TopicMgr::TopicMgr()
    File(Line): //core/main_systest/int/src/i3trace/topic_mgr.cpp#17(439)
    Parameters:"

I have tried running the app on three different windows machines, however, I am still getting the same error. 
    When I am trying to send data to splunk as mentioned in documentation, I get the same error message along with one additional line
    "Parameters: 2020/01/13 12:56:54 C:/abc/splunk/sample_app_logs/hostserver.ininlog [0%] (0.00MB/sec)"

I am using windows 10 box for testing. I don't have Genesys installed on the box, however the sample logs are located in a directory which is mentioned in the parameters above. 

My command line looks like this:
    C:\abcd\logskim-w64-1.0.0.282>logskim -splunk http://127.0.0.1:8088/services/collector/event -splunk-token "73t48736287639" -progress -dir "C:\abc\splunk\sample_app_logs" -statedir "C:\abc\splunk\sample_app_logs\inin_tracing"

Do you know what might be the issue? Have you tried running this tool recently?
    Please let me know. Thank you so much!

Sahil Singla
    PricewaterhouseCoopers LLPSahil Singla

• 8.  RE: Automate saving or conversion of logs to other formats
    Best Answer

Posted 01-13-2020 17:06
    I think it uses the Tracing DLL's from CIC so you need to have something Pure-connect installed or copy over all of those files and register them.

I think the install media now has a tracing only installation option but i can't remember

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 9.  RE: Automate saving or conversion of logs to other formats

Posted 01-23-2020 15:13
    It worked out. We were getting error because we were not running log skim with admin privileges. 
    Thanks Ryan :)

Sahil Singla

• 10.  RE: Automate saving or conversion of logs to other formats

Posted 12-19-2022 11:50
    Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to set up logskim, instructions in the readme aren't very helpful, is there a document outlining step by step how to set this up?

Thanks

Eliezer Stekel

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources