PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Define login settings on Interaction Desktop installation

Posted 04-27-2022 12:04
    We are currently updating to 2022 R1 Patch 3, and we do not use Interaction Update Provider so our internal teams built installer packages to push out to users. 

I am wondering if there is a way to pre-define settings for the login screen in Interaction Desktop when it is being installed, or that can be added after the install (i.e. changing registry entries) as part of the package. 

By default, I would like to have the "Use Windows Authentication" box checked, specify the Server name in the "Server" field, and have "SIP Soft Phone" selected in the Station Type drop down. Our agents really struggle with these things for some reason, and if I could have this all build into our custom installer package it would help immensely. 

If nothing else, I would at least like to have the server name pre-populated in the "Server" field. It looks like is defaults to "i3clientsrv" by default and I would like to have it default to our own CIC server name. 

Thanks in advance!

Michael Bishop
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Michael Bishop
    UnitedHealth Group/Optum

• 2.  RE: Define login settings on Interaction Desktop installation

Posted 04-27-2022 15:23
    Use ORCA and edit the MSI or build an MST for it.

Your desktop deployment team should be able to do this easily the fields are self explanatory.

ryan hedlund

• 3.  RE: Define login settings on Interaction Desktop installation

Posted 04-28-2022 06:54
    >>If nothing else, I would at least like to have the server name pre-populated in the "Server" field. 

We achieve it by adding this parameter to the Interaction Desktop shortcut:
    -silent /n=[server name]

So the Target in the shortcut looks like this (replace the [server name] with the name of your CIC server):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Interactive Intelligence\ICUserApps\InteractionDesktop.exe" -silent /n=[server name]

Igor Dinissuk
    Optima Communications International Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources