PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to acquire license w ICBM when Int. Desktop launched first

• 1.  Unable to acquire license w ICBM when Int. Desktop launched first

Posted 10-16-2020 16:33
    Hi all,

Question for the community. We recently upgraded from 2019 R1 Patch 14 to 2020 R2 Patch 7. After the upgrade we ran into a new issue that we didn't uncover in testing prior to the upgrade nor did we have this issue on the 2019 R1 platform.

The situation is this. With working from home some of our agents/supervisors use two workstations. On one workstation they run SIP Soft Phone and answer/place calls. On the second workstation they run ICBM.

The issue is, if the agent opens up Interaction Desktop first and run SIP Soft Phone then launches ICBM​ on the second workstation, ICBM cannot acquire many of the licenses they need (Agent/Workgroup Views, Int. Reporter, etc). 

We can recreate this on-demand by running Int. Desktop and ICBM on different workstations (running 2020 R2 P7). Int. Desktop needs to be launched first to create the problem and it does require testing from two workstations. 

Has anyone else encountered this? Support says there is an SCR for it but we cannot locate the SCR and we don't have a timeline for a fix. The workaround is to launch ICBM first and then Int. Desktop/SIP Soft Phone second.

Curious if anyone else has ran into this or can test for it. No idea when it may have been introduced by must be sometime between 2019R1 and 2020R2.

Thanks in advance,
    Shane​
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

• 2.  RE: Unable to acquire license w ICBM when Int. Desktop launched first

Posted 10-16-2020 16:37
    Hi Shane,

I just wanted to verify you are using Interaction Desktop and not interaction Connect?

I have not heard of this issue with Interaction Desktop, but this is a known issue with Interaction Connect, as Connect is setup to utilize the supervisor license.

Thank you,
     Scott

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 3.  RE: Unable to acquire license w ICBM when Int. Desktop launched first

Posted 10-16-2020 16:42
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply. Nope, we are not using Int. Connect in this scenario. We have ran into the same type issue w Int. Connect should it be launched first but have never ran into this with Int. Desktop.

Now this does only seem to come into play with Int. Desktop running on one machine and ICBM on a second (and of course Int. Desktop launched first).

Our staff sometimes run SIP Soft phone while at home, then RDP into a second machine to launch ICBM and this is when the issue is noticed.

It's not a total show stopper but we have gotten many complaints/tickets on the issue since our upgrade a few weeks ago. It seems to be a definite change in licensing behavior from 2019R1.

Thanks again for the reply,
    Shane

Shane Jenkins
    SAIC

• 4.  RE: Unable to acquire license w ICBM when Int. Desktop launched first

Posted 10-16-2020 17:18
    I just tested and we have the same issue, and would explain an issue i experienced yesterday. I was trying to log in to ICBM as another user, using their local I3 account, but kept saying license was already taken.

I looked at  SCR here: https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/releasenotes/

The only one license related i see is  IC-158146. That doesn't sound like its addressing what we are seeing, so its possible it is still being reviewed by developers.

Scott Williams

• 5.  RE: Unable to acquire license w ICBM when Int. Desktop launched first

Posted 10-19-2020 10:04
    Thanks for testing it out on your system. Out of curiosity, are you running 2020 R2 or another version?

Thanks again

Shane Jenkins
    SAIC

• 6.  RE: Unable to acquire license w ICBM when Int. Desktop launched first

Posted 05-19-2022 16:04

Sorry to respond to such an old thread but I'm trying to find documentation of the issue you mentioned here, where IC will utilize the Supervisor license so it's not available to ICBM?

I've been searching for documentation on this and would love to know if it's been addressed in later releases (We are on 2019 R2).  People are starting to look at me funny and think I'm making things up when I tell them about this bug.

Josh Bell
    Shield Healthcare

• 7.  RE: Unable to acquire license w ICBM when Int. Desktop launched first

Posted 11-18-2020 16:59

Hi @Shane Jenkins ,

In your ​​icbm module management, was it showing "unable to obtain license" or "License is unavailable because the license is un use by another application" ?

I have a situation where some users are showing "unable to obtain license", but I haven't been able to find what is triggering it.

I then tried reproducing your setup and I do get a error message, but it's a different one. It shows "License is unavailable because the license is un use by another application" . This behavior makes sense to me as user is using licensed apps on 2 different machines..

Let me know,

Nicolas

Nicolas Langlais
    Acrinax Ltd

• 8.  RE: Unable to acquire license w ICBM when Int. Desktop launched first

Posted 11-30-2020 13:33
    This issue is there on 2020R3P7 as well.

Users using Interaction Connect, and ICMB, ICBM wont show views. we have had a case opened for a week now with no SCR provided

Phillip Collins
    VortalSoft Inc.

• 9.  RE: Unable to acquire license w ICBM when Int. Desktop launched first

Posted 11-30-2020 13:42
    Hi Phillip,

I think Shane's issue and your Issue are different. 

Shane's issue is when somebody is logged into interaction Desktop on 1 PC and then try's to log into ICBM from another PC they are not able too. 

Your issues, from reading your other post, is that your ICMB isn't loading Supervisors from the PC that they are logged into. Since it looks like you are using Interaction Connect, this is a known issue but have not seen any SCR created for it. Interaction Connect will take up the supervisor license, making them already obtained when the user try's to log into ICBM. The work around is to have users log into ICBM first and then log into interaction connect.

Thank you,

Scott Williams

• 10.  RE: Unable to acquire license w ICBM when Int. Desktop launched first

Posted 11-30-2020 13:48
    Hi all,

Scott is correct, our current issue is if Int. Desktop is launched first from one PC and then you attempt to launch ICBM from a second PC, ICBM will not/cannot acquire its needed licenses. Per Support this will be address with SCR IC-159440. Workaround is to launch ICBM first and then Int. Desktop second.

Now what I don't know is if this SCR will also fix/address the other issue mentioned here when Int. Connect is launched first and ICBM second. We also run into a similar problem in that configuration.

Running Int. Desktop and ICBM from the same PC seems fine for us at this point.

Thanks all

Shane Jenkins
    SAIC

• 11.  RE: Unable to acquire license w ICBM when Int. Desktop launched first

Posted 12-14-2020 14:20
    Thanks @Scott Williams, what i was told is that IC will in the future slowly be adding ICBM functions, and therefore was coded to use the license now before actually provided any services back. We have a work around in place by running ICBM first, but the response still sounds buggy.

Phillip Collins
    VortalSoft Inc.

• 12.  RE: Unable to acquire license w ICBM when Int. Desktop launched first

Posted 12-15-2020 08:37

Hello

I think there is IC-159440

Licenses are broken for side-by-side sessions when running on different machines.
    If running ICBM and Interaction Desktop in side-by-side mode, ICBM licenses won't load when running the two applications on different machines.

It's addressed for P3 in 2020 R4 but you may check for other versions as well

Раско Радојевић
    Rasko Radojevic

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources