PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Modifying Email Case Priority

Posted 04-11-2019 09:13
    Hello All,

We have a customer requirement where the end user will create a case on SFDC and this case will be pushed to PureConnect using bridge server. When the case comes to PureConnect we have to apply certain logic using the Case End Date to determine the case priority before queuing the case to workgroup.

Now the thing is if there is any change in the Case End Date then we have to reapply the Priority logic and if required we have to modify the Case priority accordingly.

We didn't found that any handler tool step which can modify the priority of an existing Interaction so what we are doing is copying all the original interaction attribute using this creating a new Email interaction with update priority and disconnecting the Original one.

So wanted to know if there is any better way to modify the case priority of an existing interaction.

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Prateek Sethi

• 2.  RE: Modifying Email Case Priority

Posted 04-11-2019 09:28
    Hi Prateek,

Try setting the attribute 'custom_acdpriority' and then run the tool steps 'Acd Initiate Processing' to reprocess the email through ACD again for re-prioritisation.
    If you are not familiar with using the ACD tool-kit, I would suggest to reach out to support, unless you can try it on your test system.

I use it for transferring & prioritising calls but do not think it should be any different for email or any other interaction type.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 3.  RE: Modifying Email Case Priority

Posted 04-11-2019 11:09
    Hi Vineet,

Thanks for your reply.

Indeed i am using custom_acdpriority to define my priority using the handler, but i didn't realize that i can reprocess the call using the ACD Initiate Processing tool step i thought its being used when the call enters first time in WorkGroup.

I just ran a quick test in my Dev and its looks promising. Thanks

Prateek Sethi

• 4.  RE: Modifying Email Case Priority

Posted 08-10-2022 22:02
    Hi Prateek,

We are looking at a very similar issue where we need to reprioritise interactions within a queue ongoing and was just wondering how you made out with the solution suggested in this thread and if you can share any insights that may save us some time in our development.

Kind thanks,
    Julie

Julie Kent
    Winc Australia

• 5.  RE: Modifying Email Case Priority

Posted 08-15-2022 22:34
    Hi Julie

I have made handler-solutions exactly like what you describe,
    re-sorting/re-prioritising email-interactions inplace within a queue,
    for example based on the underlying email actual received/sent timestamp.

I've been working with CIC/PureConnect for 21 years,
    and I have made hundreds of complex handler- and IceLib-solutions,
    running for many years.

I work as an independent developer on contract.

Espen Waage
    Customer Interaction Consulting AS

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources