PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  2 Hours or More to Generate a Schedule

Posted 06-01-2021 13:05
    Hello,

We are experiencing 2 hours or more to generate a schedule with 62 agents. We are on 2020R3 P7.
    I see an older posts (2015) the same concern was reported and newer versions addressed this problem.  Is anyone else seeing this and if so, is there a way to decrease the generation time?

Thanks,
    Tina
    #WEM/Optimizer

------------------------------
    Tina Yocum
    NorthWestern Corporation

• 2.  RE: 2 Hours or More to Generate a Schedule

Posted 06-01-2021 18:46

Hi Tina - There is no right or wrong way to do it so I'm unable to provide specific parameters to adjust, but you can cause the schedule generation time to speed up or slow down by adjusting config options in the SU and in the shift definitions.

I'd suggest you start with a review of the Scheduling Unit Configuration > 'Scheduling' parameters such as Preference vs Coverage, Shrinkage, Calibration, etc... As well, you'll want to review the Daily Constraints and Activities in each schedule definition to look for opportunities to tighten up or narrow times ranges for evaluation.

The simulation that is happening at schedule generation is client side, not server side, so general PC stats can also impact the run time.

Raymond Hicks
    Sutter Health

• 3.  RE: 2 Hours or More to Generate a Schedule

Posted 06-01-2021 18:51

Thanks so much!! Good information!

Tina M. Yocum

O- 406.497.3597

C- 406.533.3299

NW Energy Tagline Staggeredspot.jpg

2021 Vacation & Holiday Schedule:

May 7th: 1:00-4:30

May 10th – May 17th

• 4.  RE: 2 Hours or More to Generate a Schedule

Posted 11-30-2022 11:40
    We are having the same issues here with the scheduling taking too long.  That said, I am not the one doing the scheduling, but the one with the Community access at the moment.    I have a question that I am hoping someone can answer for me.

Exceptions that are put in, for example from Monday through Wednesday, would they disappear if we were to regenerate a schedule on Thursday morning.   We have a lot of Open Enrollment meetings scheduled this week, however, we make a change to our Service Goal Templates and the on line help is suggesting we generate and publish a new forecast and schedule in order for the change to take place.

Will the schedules and exceptions up until today, Wednesday be lost if we generate and publish a new schedule?

Judith Jimenez
    CURE Auto Insurance

• 5.  RE: 2 Hours or More to Generate a Schedule

Posted 11-30-2022 12:08

Hi Judith - The number one factor that you can control with regards to Schedule Generation time are the Weekly & Daily Constraints, and your Activity windows within your Shift Definitions. The more broad your constraints and activity windows, the more scenarios the engine needs to evaluate.  Narrowing them down will improve the Schedule Generation time.

Also note that the processing is happening client side, not server side.  So the users PC who is running the schedule is hopefully optimized.  When I was doing the scheduling, I would take care to have a fresh Windows restart, and not have any other un-needed applications running before I began the Schedule Generation.

With regard to your current week schedule, I would not generate and re-publish a new one, you would lose all exceptions.  If needed, you could associate a new volume forecast to the current schedule but I can't speak to how the new/edited Service Goal Groups in the forecast might reflect in the current week Intraday Monitoring.

Raymond Hicks
    Sutter Health

• 6.  RE: 2 Hours or More to Generate a Schedule

Posted 11-30-2022 12:25
    Thank you so much for your help!     

I do find it crazy that all the exceptions are lost and was looking to confirm that and ensure we were not doing anything incorrect.

Judith Jimenez
    CURE Auto Insurance

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources