View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Reinstall CIC due to computer name

Posted 03-16-2022 06:15

#InstallandMigration
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #PlatformAdministration

Hello to all,

Due to change of computer name is necessary to reinstall CIC. I've read this on community that reinstall is best approach as just to use just re-running Setup assistant to change "computer name" is not sufficient.
    We have simple installation, where is just CIC + Media Server (without HA).
    I'm trying to find what reinstall has impact on
    - I think to request for new license file is not necessary. But CIC and Media server hosts are virtual so I'm not sure
    - configuration of stations/users/workgroups/skils etc should be make from scratch or use migration tool to export ones and then import to newly reinstalled CIC?
    - reporting, stays intact or there will be lost of data because of configuration change?
    - assume that "internal" certificates CIC re-generates from scratch

If someone solved this task in past, practical knowledeges what to pay atention on would heps.

Thank you very much for tips and help

Best regards

Pavel

​​​
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Pavel Broska
    Alcasys Slovakia a.s

• 2.  RE: Reinstall CIC due to computer name

Posted 03-18-2022 09:01
    Hi Pavel,

From experience, renaming the CIC server has brought a lot on unseen issues and instability to the system. Logically, what you have highlighted is correct, but when it comes to day to day operations, we have picked many issues. So, i would not recommend renaming. Rather obtain a new server and upgrade and import relevant information.

Rgds,
    Mark

Mark Muhona
    Pivotal Data (Pty) Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources