PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  FTP use, server Parameters and _migrated

Posted 02-04-2021 16:32
    I am trying to chase down an FTP issue for PCI, apparently something on my CIC server is listening to port 21, however, we do not have the FTP role installed on the server.
    I have heard from support that this is inhouse phone provisioning software in the CIC , which we do not use.

I have been told to create a server parameter that will disable this. While investigating the parameter, I have found that I still have many paramName_migrated entries in my server params. 

So my question is, aren't the _migrated params ignored? if you have only the _migrated version of a param, i would expect it to not have any impact, however, my QA server only has the Provision FTP Enabled_migrated param and is not listening on FTP...  so I am thinking I do not fully understand the _migrated. 
    I would have expected to have both Provision FTP Enabled  and a Provision FTP Enabled_migrated variable so I can compare the values for changes.

Any insight is appreciated,

#AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Implementation
    #Security

------------------------------
    Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 2.  RE: FTP use, server Parameters and _migrated

Posted 08-11-2022 13:36
    Christopher, 
    Was looking for the same thing and found this. So it looks like you need to add the parameter with a No in order to turn it off. Hope that helps

Provision FTP Enabled

This parameter allows you to enable FTP on the provisioning server. Set the parameter to "Yes" to enable FTP. If the value is anything other than "Yes"(case in-sensitive), FTP is disabled. If the server parameter is not present, the default behavior is FTP enabled.

Note: The provision server must be restarted after adding/modifying the parameter for the changes to take effect.

Tony Curoso
    American Telesource, Inc.

• 3.  RE: FTP use, server Parameters and _migrated

Posted 08-12-2022 11:53
    Hello Tony,
    Thanks for the response - I resolved this a long time ago. My question is kinda poorly worded and I was really focusing on if the _migrated versions of the params are used, and i have since proven out that they are not.

Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources