PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

1 skipped due to media type maxima

• 1.  1 skipped due to media type maxima

Posted 08-06-2018 13:18
    Hello, 

I have an agent that isn't able to receive any ACD calls. Looking at logs, I see this

AgentEvaluationTracer::trace : Find interaction for agent tcaron {'Skills=45NRTH(70/1), All(80/1), Front Desk(45/1), Northeast(85/1), Salsa(40/1), South Central(85/1), Southeast(85/1), Surly(60/1), Upper Midwest(85/1), West(85/1)]
    In queue Salsa 1 interactions pending
    1 skipped due to media type maxima

By this, I'm guessing CIC thinks this agent, tcaron, has reached max utilization. My question is, how do I figure out what interaction is causing this? This agent is set on Available, ACD and does not look like he has any active interactions up.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

------------------------------
    Michael Hoang

• 2.  RE: 1 skipped due to media type maxima

Posted 08-06-2018 13:42
    You could try filtering your current acdserver log by "Context Attribute" "Agent Name" and then put in the name of your agent.  This should give you the acd server activities for that specific agent, including what interactions they take, their utilization, etc.  

If you look around the entry you are seeing, you'll likely see entries about the interaction they are assigned as well.  It may help to look at an availability detail report for the user for the time period as well, assuming that you have ACD actions that change your user's statuses when they receive calls, etc.

This is where I would start looking.  Also, is this QBP?

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: 1 skipped due to media type maxima

Posted 08-06-2018 13:46
    I have seen this before when using the SalesForce integration.

If you are using that, then you need to have the agent log in to the integration and make sure they have dispositioned the call in BOTH SalesForce AND Interaction Center.

I don't recall which release this problem occurred in, and I thought it had been sorted out, but I may be wrong on that.

Of course, if you are not using the integration, then that isn't the issue and I'm as stuck as you are!

I hope my ramblings are of some use...

• 4.  RE: 1 skipped due to media type maxima

Posted 11-13-2018 15:34
    I'm still not able to figure this out. 

The agent had a 1 hour ACD shift. I pulled logs from that shift. 

ACD Log

N CAcd::CsUserOnStatusChangedCallback : Agent tcaron changed to an available status (Available).  11:02:58.3893463_0035 Acd 0x5d8 
    N CAgent::CalcPercentAvailable : Agent "tcaron": Calculated percent utilization is 100%.  11:02:58.3893463_0037 Selection 0x5d8 
    N CAgent::EvaluateAvailability : tcaron: sending available notification  11:02:58.3893463_0038 Acd 0x5d8 
    N CNotifierSocketConnection::WriteWithCode : SENT Notify Acd, Oid(tcaron), Eid(AcdAvailableAgent), Size(4)  11:02:58.3893463_0040 NotifierLib 0x5d8 
    N CAgent::EvaluateAvailability : tcaron available (AcdStatus=1, FollowUp=0, assigned=, Active Interaction Count=0, OnHoldCount=0, %Available=100  11:02:58.3893463_0041 Acd 0x5d8 
    N CAgent::IsAvailableForObjectType : tcaron already has maximum assigned (1) for this media type (Call)  11:02:58.3893463_0042 ACD Available Agent Notifications 0x5d8 
    N CAgent::IsAvailableForObjectType : tcaron already has maximum assigned (0) for this media type (Callback)  11:02:58.3893463_0046 ACD Available Agent Notifications 0x5d8 
    N CAgent::CalcAvailableForStats :  is not available for at least 1 interaction tcaron  11:02:58.3893463_0051 ACD Available Agent Notifications 0x5d8 
    I also checked the calllog and only found non-acd calls for this agent. Non-ACD calls are getting routed to him, but no ACD. There's a second agent now that is seeing this issue. I'm not quite sure what's causing this. Is there a database table that tracks agent availability? Maybe that broke? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. 

Michael Hoang

• 5.  RE: 1 skipped due to media type maxima

Posted 11-13-2018 15:36
    Aaron,

Yes, this is for QBP. 

Paul, 

We use SAP CRM. I thought the same thing since SAP has a session limit. These agents stopped using SAP CRM to eliminate the possibility of that affecting ACD.

Michael Hoang

• 6.  RE: 1 skipped due to media type maxima

Posted 11-13-2018 16:28
    You mentioned that these agents did take some direct non-acd calls.  I ran a quick test in my dev environment to confirm a suspicion:

I placed an outbound call to my cell from Interaction Connect while my status was "At Lunch" and then changed to "Available" while the call was still connected.  I then went to the ACD server logs:
    • EvaluateAvailability returned  (AcdStatus=1, FollowUp=0, assigned=, Active Interaction Count=0, OnHoldCount=0, %Available=100
    • CalcPercentAvailable returned utilization at 100%.
    • It also reported that I had 0 interactions.
    I think you may need to dive into either the call history reports for your agents or Interaction Details specifically for their calls to see if they are taking direct calls or placing outbound calls that line up with your events.  Since that exhibits similar behavior in the ACD logs to what you are seeing.

I'd also look directly at their queue while this is happening.  We're trunked to a Cisco environment and that's what we use for all of our agent handsets.  We'll occasionally have an agent forget and transfer a call using their handset, which never frees them up from the interaction and stops them from taking future calls.  Not sure if this scenario applies to your setup, but it's one to be aware of.

I hope this information can be helpful.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 7.  RE: 1 skipped due to media type maxima

Posted 01-31-2023 17:11
    Hi, I am experiencing this same exact issue in our environment.

It looks like IC still thinks this user is still on a call which is why ACD doesnt send them the call.

I have tried rebuilding the user account and didnt have any luck.

If there is a stuck call or stale presence or status, how or where does one clear the record or stale entry?

Logs:
    N 12:28:28.1196904_0416 CAgent::CalcPercentAvailable : Agent "Agent1": Calculated percent utilization is 100%.
    N 12:28:28.1196904_0417 CQItem::EvaluateAgent : Agent1 already has maximum assigned (1) for this media type

Vincent Moore
    CTS LanguageLink

• 8.  RE: 1 skipped due to media type maxima

Posted 01-31-2023 17:15
    I had to perform a switchover to clear this.

As a workaround, you can adjust the user's utilization/max assign on their account as a workaround to allow them to still take interactions until you are able to perform a switchover.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 9.  RE: 1 skipped due to media type maxima

Posted 01-31-2023 17:29
    Thanks, I am not getting the option to edit the utilization of the work group on the user level, however I can on the work group level, but that would affect the other agents.

I will try the switchover and hopefully that resolves it.

Vincent Moore
    CTS LanguageLink

• 10.  RE: 1 skipped due to media type maxima

Posted 01-31-2023 17:34
    You have to add the utilization values at the user level, not edit.  The ones that are currently visible on the user are "Inherited".  You can certainly "Add" them.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 11.  RE: 1 skipped due to media type maxima

Posted 02-01-2023 11:18
    Thanks, I see that now.  I tried this and a couple of other things and the only fix that worked was to switchover last night.

I will hunt around and see if this is a known issue or bug with Pure Connect.

Vincent Moore
    CTS LanguageLink

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources