Genesys Cloud - Beta HQ

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Access to Secure Attributes Preview API

Posted 06-27-2022 22:20

Hello everyone,

May I know what is the right process to request for the access to Preview API?

We have a client that would like to use the IVR to collect customer medical details and present the data on the agent script. However by setting the data using data participation attributes, the sensitive data will get written to the conversation object. It seem like the Secure Attributes Preview API might help in this use case and would like to try out. 

Thanks,
    Keng

#Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Chia Hung Keng
    Datacom Connect Pty Ltd

• 2.  RE: Access to Secure Attributes Preview API

GENESYS
    Posted 06-28-2022 07:39
    Hi Chia,

I found the following article that may help with your question: https://developer.genesys.cloud/forum/t/preview-apis-conversations/14953/4

In general, it sounds like the Preview API is for Beta Testing, but access may need to be enabled by a Beta manager, so I would encourage your customer to join and reach out to their appropriate beta manager in their channel of choice for support.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Access to Secure Attributes Preview API

Posted 06-28-2022 08:06

Hi Matt,

In fact I was the one who posted that article in Developer Forum. :)

Jerome in that article has pointed me to this Beta HQ Community group forum for assistance. 

Regards,
    Keng

Chia Hung Keng
    Datacom Connect Pty Ltd

• 4.  RE: Access to Secure Attributes Preview API

GENESYS
    Posted 06-28-2022 08:25

That's funny! When I read the post, I wondered if that was the case.

To add some additional clarity, in this community, we post Betas that are openly recruiting Beta participants, so I believe that is why Jerome pointed you here. Jerome and I are both assuming that your customer is trying to use Beta (or unreleased) functionality. If that is the case, your customer needs to first take the step of joining the beta(s) that interest them (available betas can be found in this community) and then your customer will have their preview API enabled.

If they previously joined a Beta and have not been enabled yet, they need to communicate with that Beta's manager in the appropriate channel so that their preview API functionality can be enabled.

In either case, they need to join and be accepted into the Beta first to use the preview API. If they want to join a Beta that is not listed on this page, it may no longer be accepting new testers and they may need to wait for general release.

If your customer is trying to use available functionality, the Genesys Cloud CX Community is a great option for discussion, the Developer Community is a good place to discuss APIs, and the Genesys Knowledge Network offers federated search documentation across our various resource channels. 

Hope this helps.

Best,

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 5.  RE: Access to Secure Attributes Preview API

GENESYS
    Posted 06-28-2022 10:43
    Hi folks - this beta program started before we had the Beta Community - so we never pushed a formal announcement but the beta is open and I am happy to add customers who are interested.

A couple notes to help explain what this new endpoint provides:
    1. This endpoint provides customers with the ability to access ALL custom attributes related to a conversation in near-real time.  
    2. We recommend running a query of the analytics/conversations/details query and then running this endpoint for the same interval to get all of the attributes and then put them into your own data warehouse.
    3. this endpoint does NOT provide the ability to search for conversations based on individual attributes (e.g. show me all the conversations where attribute eye_color = green).  This endpoint will support that type of search in the future as we add schemas to customer attributes
    If you are interested in having me enable this endpoint for your org, please send me an email (chris.bohlin@genesys.com) with the following data:
    1. Region
    2. OrgID
    3. OrgName
    4. Customer Contact (if not yourself!)
    Thanks,
    Chris Bohlin

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 6.  RE: Access to Secure Attributes Preview API

Posted 06-28-2022 11:11

Thanks Matt and Chris for your feedback!

Hi Chris,

I will drop you a request via email to sign up for the Secure Attributes Preview API. Thanks! :)

Regards,
    Keng

Chia Hung Keng
    Datacom Connect Pty Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources