Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

Posted 07-20-2022 23:16
    Hi All,

I seem to have the reverse issue that most people are having. We want to delete the Users phone numbers.

Our Agents use WebRTC only and we have no need for Users to have phone numbers or extensions at this time.

We use AD to import the Users into Genesys, however a mistake was made and AD extension was left in.

Genesys/AD imported this number into the Other field and now we can't delete the number from Genesys,

We tried to remove the AD attribute and re-sync but this didn't work.

Do we need to delete the Users and re-import? Obviously we would prefer not to do this.

Regards.

Francis.
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Francis Hoang
    TeleApps Services Pty Ltd

• 2.  RE: AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

Posted 07-27-2022 13:47
    Unless you use the API to bulk update users, then yes, you would have to delete and resync, but we have found that SCIM settings seem to persist at times through the delete, so when you sync back up a user with the same email, it pulls in the old SCIM settings in GC.  Never really tracked down what that was.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

Posted 09-30-2022 00:39
    We are facing the exact same issue. We have the 'Other Phone' field populated by an Azure AD SCIM Integration. While this was expected, we face the issue of every new user added to Genesys Cloud receiving this Other Phone field populated and cannot stop it from populating. It was intended only for Non Agents and not for Agents as well. The way we work around this is we would update this agents profile  by updating their username to something azure does not understand and thinks is a new person and that way when Okta came in to add this user(yes we use two IDPs - Agents use Okta, NonAgents - Azure) it could be added as a new user with no DID ,that Azure will never create first.

So my question here is what template is out there to update the 'Other Phone' field to a blank value. Can you please share it if I can use it to update a handful of users of even one by one that would really be a cleaner approach.

Bharat Rudrakshala
    ESRI

• 4.  RE: AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

GENESYS
    Posted 10-03-2022 10:10

the SCIM APIs themselves support a "remove" operation for a phone type; the problem here is that Azure AD skips blank fields in their payload when they're processing an update, meaning the remove is never sent to Genesys Cloud.  

What I've seen other customers do (and I'll admit it's not a great solution, but does solve the immediate need) is to set that field a constant value that is not a dialable number (something like 1234, with 1234 being handled as a non-dialable number).  

The alternative is to use a one-time script to query for users that have their "other phone" field set, then remove that value.  

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

Posted 10-03-2022 11:26
    I've tested this out and it seems to work. In the Person Profile csv to import a user, I set the Phone_Other to a random number(to check to see if it would update the field). It did update the profile to remove the "Phone_Other" field altogether. At the same time the value I set it to instead got the Phone_work field updated. I just had to go in and remove the value of Work Phone and that took care of the issue. Not a pretty solution but does the job.

• 6.  RE: AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

Posted 12-05-2022 00:29

Hello,

we are facing the same issue with a critical Genesys Cloud customer of ours.

We asked the Genesys Customer Care for advice, but they directed us (twice) to the forum (to this post in particular).
    Setting the phone field to a constant value or to a non dialable number is not an acceptable solution.

Please elaborate further on your statement:

"The alternative is to use a one-time script to query for users that have their "other phone" field set, then remove that value.".

What is the (Genesys Cloud) REST API operation that we should use in order to delete (remove) the value of the "Other Phone" field ?

Best regards,
    Nikolaos Skiadas

Nikolaos Skiadas
    Intracom S.A. Telecom Solutions

• 7.  RE: AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

GENESYS
    Posted 12-05-2022 09:44

There's a couple options.  Under the SCIM APIs, you could use a PATCH, with the "remove" command: https://developer.genesys.cloud/useragentman/scim/scim-apis#patch-api-v2-scim-users--userId-

you could use a SCIM PUT to completely replace the user: https://developer.genesys.cloud/useragentman/scim/scim-apis#put-api-v2-scim-users--userId-

Or under the Users APIs you could use a PATCH to update the user: https://developer.genesys.cloud/useragentman/users/#patch-api-v2-users--userId-

If I recall correctly, the SCIM PUT and USER PATCH require a version number, so you'd have to do a GET of the USER prior to sending this call to set the correct version number.  Looking at the API definition, the SCIM PATCH doesn't seem to require the version, but does require the path attribute since you're removing an attribute.  

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

GENESYS
    Posted 10-03-2022 10:00
    This is a byproduct of the fact that deletes within Genesys Cloud are really soft deletes (the user is updated with the Deleted attribute being updated to "True").  This is what allows a deleted user to be searched within the Admin UI.  Our SCIM APIs include some internal logic that determines that the user already exists, and updates them to be active again.  Any change in values like be updated when the new "create" request comes in, but I believe any old values that are not included in the create request (like an "other" phone number) will be preserved from the previous entry of the user.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: AD Genesys Mapping Remove phone numbers

Posted 12-30-2022 17:07
    Edited by Rajneesh Chandran 12-30-2022 17:11

Good Day,

We are in similar situation with the "otherPhone" field being shown after import in telephone numbers for Team Integration Configure the Microsoft Teams integration - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

But now we are sitting with erratic call routing for internal calls routing to "PrimaryVoice" assigned number instead of the "SelectedPhone" (eg WebRTC) that the agents are using.

Since the OtherPhone field cannot be edited, the workaround we found working is by copying the "OtherPhone" value into "Work" (in any 1 to 4) field and mark it as PrimaryVoice.  This is originally a known issue on Genesys https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/troubleshoot-agent-cannot-call-out-or-receives-error-on-inbound-calls/   But for our scenario allows the PrimaryVoice to be ignored and send internal calls to be sent to WebRTC or whichever SelectedPhone used.  BUT then internal calls might not show on agent with correct status such as Interacting etc

(Note, if you need only calls to route to WebRTC, you rather create an extension and mark it as PrimaryVoice )

Using the SCIM Patch method as recommended by Genesys everywhere but no clear way shown, i am testing below and would like someone to verify if it is correct steps.

IMPORTANT - Below are "test "steps that refer to our setup. So please use as reference for yours if you plan to use them

Steps to follow would be (using API Explorer)
    1. GET  /api/v2/scim/users     => This is to get all users ID and also can serve as a full backup
    2. GET  /api/v2/scim/users/{userId}   => add the UserID for the person and read through user's output. (Another handy backup). The field shown as "OtherPhone" in Genesys User's Profile will have a specific "type" shown in the api output.  Eg  {"value": "+1234567890", "type": "microsoftteams", "primary": false } this is what we got when AD import was configured following the TeamsIntegration guide by Genesys.  Make sure you have only one such type in phone numbers present. Keep note of this type.

3 PATCH /api/v2/scim/users/{userId}  =>  add the UserID for the person, add Schema = "urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:core:2.0:User" and Operation op="remove" and use the "type" defined above as path into the phone number.
    For example, below would be how the RequestBody (black text box) will look for my scenario. 

{
      "schemas": [
        "urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:core:2.0:User"
      ],
      "Operations": [
        {
          "op": "remove",
          "path": "phoneNumbers[type eq \"microsoftteams\"]"
            }
      ]
    }

Executing this removes the type microsoftteams entry which is shown as "OtherPhone" in the profile.
    I trust this is how SCIM patch can be used to remove.  Noticed, if not specifying type, it clears all phone numbers from the profile.

Rajneesh Chandran
    NTT 

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources